Fox News at it again.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Fox News at it again.

Posted on their website is an article about an "atheist rapist". What the fuck does him being an atheist have to do with the story? If you took a poll of all prisoners who were convicted of rape, how many would claim to be atheists?

Being an atheist doesn't make you automatically good or bad. Being a rapist SHOULD get anyone arrested.

I wonder if these assholes would post a story, "Christian rapist" or "Muslim rapist",?

And it seems that these cowards won't allow comments to the story. Just say "rapist"

The atheist prisoner complained that his rights were being violated because he was bunked with a "thumper"  who wouldn't shut up, according to the story. What if it were a Christian rapist complaining about a Muslim prisoner not shutting up about Allah? I am sure these sensationalists would fall all over themselves to cry for the right of the Christian prisoner to have the other moved, or be moved himself.

These assholes are merely projecting the stereotype that all atheists do bad things.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581936,00.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
The way it should be

The way it should be reported is that a prisoner complained about being bunked with someone they saw as harassing. So the real issue is not the atheism, but how much rights do we extend to prisoners.

Prisoners complain about their rights all the time. Fox picked this story up because this prisoner said he was an atheist.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
really what do you expect?

really what do you expect? Its fox news.

Ofcourse you are right they should do it the way you suggest but they get more viewers by blaming it on atheism. There is nothing much that can be done about it if that is what people want to hear. Fox really isn't the problem they are just filling a demand.

Edit: P.S. i didn't actually read the articale

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get a grip.The article

Get a grip.

The article clearly states what is the problem - and it isn't the "atheism".

Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
User is offlineOffline
hmmm

whats the christian in there for?

"atheist rapist complains about serial killer christian"

I'd serial kill to see them put a headline like the above there.

NAP
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Posted on

Brian37 wrote:

Posted on their website is an article about an "atheist rapist". What the fuck does him being an atheist have to do with the story? If you took a poll of all prisoners who were convicted of rape, how many would claim to be atheists?

Being an atheist doesn't make you automatically good or bad. Being a rapist SHOULD get anyone arrested.

Not only is the article clearly motivated by hostility towards atheism as evidenced by its one-sided description of the "atheist" as a rapist with an ugly character while saying nothing about the Christian's crime, but it appears that the author of that article may be labeling the prisoner an atheist without justification.  The prisoner sounds like someone who would call himself an agnostic or a theist.  There is nothing in the article that indicates the prisoner considers himself to be an atheist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Marquis wrote:Get a grip.The

Marquis wrote:

Get a grip.

The article clearly states what is the problem - and it isn't the "atheism".

I know they state the problem, but the "atheism" is being used as a red haring as a sensational ploy to play into viewers fears. How many times do they do stories on prisoners who complain about rights violations and say "Christian rapist". No, they would just say "a rapist" complained about rights violations, THEN go into detail.

They didn't have to put "atheist" in the headline because prisoners complain all the time about rights violations so the real story is not his atheism, but how much rights do prisoners have, no matter what they believe.