Brit Hume on Faux News Tells Tiger to Go Christian

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brit Hume on Faux News Tells Tiger to Go Christian

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/04/brit-hume-tiger-woods-should-turn-to-the-christian-faith/

"Tiger Woods will recover as a golfer. Whether he can recover as a person I think is a very open question, and it's a tragic situation for him. I think he's lost his family, it's not clear to me if he'll be able to have a relationship with his children, but the Tiger Woods that emerges once the news value dies out of this scandal -- the extent to which he can recover -- seems to me to depend on his faith. He's said to be a Buddhist; I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be, 'Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.'"

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's the video.

Here's the video.

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:Here's the

geirj wrote:
Here's the video.

Wtf is going on 

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fascinating to see William

Fascinating to see William Kristol - of all people - come across as the rational one.

The fact remains that Tiger Woods has made god-only-knows how many millions of dollars, so he'll be quite comfortable no matter what. If anything is upsetting his children it would have to be the media pressure. There are people who survive much worse relationship disasters than this every day in this world, and they often have children too.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Soooo... Christianity is the

Soooo... Christianity is the "cure" for too much money and pussy?   How about I pass on that one.

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who is Tiger Woods and what

Who is Tiger Woods and what happend to him?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion

Waiting for Oblivion wrote:

Hes that black guy that hits white things, with his club

What Would Kharn Do?

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

I wonder for how much time you wanted to say this

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

(click him)

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Waiting for Oblivion wrote:I

I wonder for how much time you wanted to say this

15seconds prior to posting it

What Would Kharn Do?

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj

geirj wrote:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/04/brit-hume-tiger-woods-should-turn-to-the-christian-faith/

"Tiger Woods will recover as a golfer. Whether he can recover as a person I think is a very open question, and it's a tragic situation for him. I think he's lost his family, it's not clear to me if he'll be able to have a relationship with his children, but the Tiger Woods that emerges once the news value dies out of this scandal -- the extent to which he can recover -- seems to me to depend on his faith. He's said to be a Buddhist; I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be, 'Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.'"

Brit Hume is a disgusting hideous wrinled old bat who is also VERY ignorant.  If anything Buddhism is the IDEAL faith for Tiger since you constantly evolve through your journey over several lifetimes instead of a fucking batshit insane religion where you worship an imaginary carpenter who doesn't even exist according to the historical record.

Of course we all know there is no evidence of anything past this life unfortunately.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:no

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
no evidence of anything past this life unfortunately

That all depends on your constituents of "evidence"

Lots of people can tell you tales of all their adventures in past lives...

I guess if you have been both "woods" and "tiger" already, the next step is to become the President of The United States of America !!!

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Show of hands...

Who thought i was talking about Black on White violence

and

Who thought i was talking about Tigers sexual habits?

What Would Kharn Do?

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:The

The Doomed Soul wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Show of hands...

and

Now you've ruined it by explaining the joke we all clearly got the first time.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
stuntgibbon wrote:Now you've

stuntgibbon wrote:

Actually, i wanted to see whos brains jumped to racism and sexuality, respectively, initially...

A test, if you will

What Would Kharn Do?

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then you chalk me up for

Then you chalk me up for catching the double meaning right away.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:If

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

If anything Buddhism is the IDEAL faith for Tiger since you constantly evolve through your journey over several lifetimes instead of a fucking batshit insane religion where you worship an imaginary carpenter who doesn't even exist according to the historical record.

Of course we all know there is no evidence of anything past this life unfortunately.

that's true, and it's also true that buddhism, like every other indian religion, takes reincarnation for granted, but i would still argue for its efficacy for some people.  for one thing, it doesn't emphasize reincarnation the way, say, jainism or more traditional vedic forms of hinduism do.  it emphasizes putting the world in perspective through an ethical framework (the noble eightfold path) based on practicality rather than some divine source.  (of course, the buddha was later turned into a sort of divine source, mainly through the mahayana tradition, but he does not identify himself as such in any of the discourses most likely to be authentic.)  in a well-known early discourse from the pali canon, the buddha rebukes a disciple for asking him metaphysical and eschatological questions and refuses to answer them because he considers them irrelevant.  also, in the most famous pali account of his death, the buddha on his deathbed refuses to appoint a successor and urges his disciples to continue on the eightfold path and find their own ways to enlightenment.

as i've said on other threads, readings in rinzai zen buddhism, along with occasional casual meditation, have been the most effective way for me to deal with bouts of depression.  i am not a practising buddhist, however.

in any case, buddhism is a far more subtle religion than crude christianity and often totally misunderstood by those christians who open their fat mouths about it.  that's clearly the case with hume.  the buddha would probably say that his path does not offer "forgiveness" because "forgiveness" (in the christian soteriological sense) is an irrelevant and ultimately stupid idea.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Christianity is a cure all.

Christianity is a cure all. Didn't you know?

HEY BRIT, you dumbass, other people claim that their placebo superstitions are the cure too.

19 jackasses murdered 3,000 people because they thought Allah was the world's cure all.

The only thing Christianity is successful at is the same thing Allah and Coke and Pespi are good at, marketing. Everything  humans do is due to their actions, not their stupid superstitions.

Tiger did what he did for mundane human psychological reasons, not because a guy with a pitchfork sat on his shoulder whispering "do it, do it".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
saw this, was pretty stupid

saw this, was pretty stupid on his part, really stupid in fact

which is a shame since he's a good news guy though now hes taken on the role of a commentator after he left special report

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Hes

The Doomed Soul wrote:

He's only 3/8 black and he is 1/2 asian. I'de say that he is that yellow man that plays golf and bones all the blonds that he can.

And when I saw your joke, I immediately thought of sex. The violence angle dawned on my only when it was pointed out. To make nerd reference out of this: I'm all Slaanesh and no Korne on that joke.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek

iwbiek wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

If anything Buddhism is the IDEAL faith for Tiger since you constantly evolve through your journey over several lifetimes instead of a fucking batshit insane religion where you worship an imaginary carpenter who doesn't even exist according to the historical record.

that's true, and it's also true that buddhism, like every other indian religion, takes reincarnation for granted, but i would still argue for its efficacy for some people.  for one thing, it doesn't emphasize reincarnation the way, say, jainism or more traditional vedic forms of hinduism do.  it emphasizes putting the world in perspective through an ethical framework (the noble eightfold path) based on practicality rather than some divine source.  (of course, the buddha was later turned into a sort of divine source, mainly through the mahayana tradition, but he does not identify himself as such in any of the discourses most likely to be authentic.)  in a well-known early discourse from the pali canon, the buddha rebukes a disciple for asking him metaphysical and eschatological questions and refuses to answer them because he considers them irrelevant.  also, in the most famous pali account of his death, the buddha on his deathbed refuses to appoint a successor and urges his disciples to continue on the eightfold path and find their own ways to enlightenment.

as i've said on other threads, readings in rinzai zen buddhism, along with occasional casual meditation, have been the most effective way for me to deal with bouts of depression.  i am not a practising buddhist, however.

in any case, buddhism is a far more subtle religion than crude christianity and often totally misunderstood by those christians who open their fat mouths about it.  that's clearly the case with hume.  the buddha would probably say that his path does not offer "forgiveness" because "forgiveness" (in the christian soteriological sense) is an irrelevant and ultimately stupid idea.

Good points and it's the eastern religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism that seem to be the most practical for America since it emphasizes the importance of your ACTIONS i.e. KARMA and NOT obsession with a cult figure like Jesus!!

Unfortunately there's no evidence of anything because if there was EVERYONE ON EARTH would flock to that religion! LOL!

Brit Hume is the most disgusting arrogant asshole! Tiger should tell him that HE should convert to Buddhism since it's a more ideal religion for him than the stupid mythical fairy tale he worships!!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Show

The Doomed Soul wrote:
Show of hands...

and

I'll bite.

I got the assault with a deadly weapon first and the interracial fornication second. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:

Actually, i wanted to see whos brains jumped to racism and sexuality, respectively, initially...

A test, if you will

I must admit ~  I thought it purely racial~ I laughed hard, read it to my husband, who laughed even harder...then i got to thinking... it wasn't THAT funny. He got the sexual meaning behind the joke.

Good one BTW!  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bunch of sexually repressed

Bunch of sexually repressed Christians inventing a crisis. His wife is bragging about getting a $300million gift from him and out buying mansions. WTF is the crisis?

Moral indignation - Jealousy with a halo.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Tiger Woods should tell that

Tiger Woods should tell that UGLY HIDEOUS pompous arrogant assholde Brit Hume to convert to Buddhism!!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:The Daily Show

I thought Stewart would've slammed Brit Hume and Christianity.  He really didn't do it at all. That's disappointing.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 EXC wrote:Bunch of

EXC wrote:
Bunch of sexually repressed Christians inventing a crisis. His wife is bragging about getting a $300million gift from him and out buying mansions. WTF is the crisis?

Moral indignation - Jealousy with a halo.

I so rarely agree with you, EXC, but I think you're spot on.  She knew what she was buying.  She just has to go through the appropriate rituals of acting outraged so she'll get as much money as possible.

If you don't believe this was about money from the beginning, ask yourself this:  How many women would happily marry Tiger Woods with a prenup that said in the event of a divorce, they get $500 a month in child support and nothing else?

Also... remember that Las Vegas Hooker?  She was pissed at him because he never bought her anything, so here she is all over Fox News.  But what about the twenty other girls from twenty other cities who are still getting nice gifts from him?  They're keeping their pie-holes shut. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You notice Tiger isn't

You notice Tiger isn't stupid enough to actually respond to that disgusting old haggard hideous MEGA-jowled corpse Brit Hume.

Tiger's a lot more successful as a Buddhist that decrepit zombie Brit Hume is as a Christian!!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Stewart

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Ivon
atheist
Ivon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:

A test, if you will

I must admit ~  I thought it purely racial~ I laughed hard, read it to my husband, who laughed even harder...then i got to thinking... it wasn't THAT funny. He got the sexual meaning behind the joke.

Good one BTW!  Smiling

Am I the only one here who thought of a golfball? Golfballs are white... mostly.

Free your mind.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Ivon wrote:

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

stuntgibbon wrote:

A test, if you will

Good one BTW!  Smiling

Am I the only one here who thought of a golfball? Golfballs are white... mostly.

I use orange/pink/yellow neon golfballs. They stand out better.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Buddha just kicked Jesus'

Buddha just kicked Jesus' ass!!

Jesus and ALL Chrisnuts!!!!

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
ugh you had already posted

ugh you had already posted this vid! why doesn't anyone tell me these things! (I ended up posting the same exact thing) anyways, many Christians I know were so happy to hear Brit Hume telling Tiger that Christianity faith was better than his Buddhist beliefs. Woods isn't the world's greatest example anymore and to think that I have the tiger woods bobblehead set sitting on my desk. *tears*

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:ugh you

Zombie Jesus wrote:

ugh you had already posted this vid! why doesn't anyone tell me these things! (I ended up posting the same exact thing) anyways, many Christians I know were so happy to hear Brit Hume telling Tiger that Christianity faith was better than his Buddhist beliefs. Woods isn't the world's greatest example anymore and to think that I have the tiger woods bobblehead set sitting on my desk. *tears*

I'm glad to hear Woods stuck with Buddhism and wasn't swayed by the DELUSION of ChrisNUTianity!!

In Buddhism there is no god so you can almost be an atheist and I suppose you can be an agnostic.

What I HATE about Christianity is this HORRIBLY INSANE HATEFUL belief that that tiny region, only 1% of the world, represents the ONLY true faith in the world!!?!!??!!?

What kind of delusional MEGA garbage is this?? So all the other cultures on earth are all deranged liars with their beliefs!!

Christianity is so fake I can't believe ANY sane person buys into their MYTHOLOGY!!