Request for a summary of the results of a psych paper

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Request for a summary of the results of a psych paper

I've come across the name of this paper and would like to see a summary of the results. Unfortunatly I google'd and could not find a link that does not require a subscribtion.

It's called:

AJ Giannini, ME Barringer, MC Giannini, RH Loiselle. Lack of relationship between handedness and intuitive and intellectual (rationalistic) modes of information processing. Journal of General Psychology. 111:31-37 1984

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:AJ

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

AJ Giannini, ME Barringer, MC Giannini, RH Loiselle. Lack of relationship between handedness and intuitive and intellectual (rationalistic) modes of information processing. Journal of General Psychology. 111:31-37 1984

THATS its name? ...

My sources typically dont deal with illegal versions of medical papers, but ill see what i can pull up

What Would Kharn Do?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote: My

The Doomed Soul wrote:

My sources typically dont deal with illegal versions of medical papers, but ill see what i can pull up

Not looking for an illegal copy just a summary of the results.

And I'm sure your sources deal with torture techniques.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Not

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Not looking for an illegal copy just a summary of the results.

Yes... but you dont want to PAY for these results, that an the copyright issues and all that legal mumbojumbo. Suffice to say, its gonna be illegal, like it or not!

Chances are, if i find anything on it, its gonna be the whole friggin paper

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

And I'm sure your sources deal with torture techniques.

... guilty... but not what i was reffering to

What Would Kharn Do?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Yes...

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Yes... but you dont want to PAY for these results, that an the copyright issues and all that legal mumbojumbo. Suffice to say, its gonna be illegal, like it or not!

Chances are, if i find anything on it, its gonna be the whole friggin paper

Citing a study isn't illegal. News media do it all the time.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Citing a

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Citing a study isn't illegal. News media do it all the time.

Then by all means, search FOX news' home page for your paper

I thought you wanted the ACTUAL results of the study, not a few quibbling lines from a third party?

What Would Kharn Do?

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
I searched that on Web of

I searched that on Web of Science using my university's access and found the link to the article. That link is broken. And the article archives of the publisher doesn't extend back to 1984. Sorry, but that article might not be on the internet.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:I

Jormungander wrote:

I searched that on Web of Science using my university's access and found the link to the article. That link is broken. And the article archives of the publisher doesn't extend back to 1984. Sorry, but that article might not be on the internet.

I suspected as much.

I couldn't find a lot either and I highly doubt my local university has a hard copy.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I also did a thorough

I also did a thorough search of the database and couldn't find the article you're referencing.  The UGA library only has this journal available since 1997, volume 124.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
The earliest article I could

The earliest article I could find on University database for JGP was 1986 ~ sorry

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:might not

Jormungander wrote:

might not be on the internet.

Blasphemy!

And Pineapple, i may have found a version... thats in a foreign language (romanian?) and was put through an OLD scanner so its in a picture format, ill do some translating and see if its even the real deal

What Would Kharn Do?

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I found the article at my

I found the article at my university library. It is a pdf of a scanned version, which now sits on my computer.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote:I found the

KSMB wrote:

I found the article at my university library. It is a pdf of a scanned version, which now sits on my computer.

... is it in english? cause im lazy and wanna stop typing shit out for translation

What Would Kharn Do?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

And Pineapple, i may have found a version... thats in a foreign language (romanian?) and was put through an OLD scanner so its in a picture format, ill do some translating and see if its even the real deal

You speak Romanian?

KSMB wrote:

Can I have exactly what they tested for and the results plz?

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:You

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

You speak Romanian?

Only SPEAK engrish! and read a couple different languages though, im down right terrible in the verbal department

I can however recognize a language, and put it through a translation program (lazy shit, remember)

What Would Kharn Do?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm...Dare I ask where

Hmmm...

Dare I ask where you're headed with this?  Were you just looking for backing to the claim that handedness and information processing styles are not correlated, or is this part of a larger task?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Hmmm...

Dare I ask where you're headed with this?  Were you just looking for backing to the claim that handedness and information processing styles are not correlated, or is this part of a larger task?

I saw the study referenced while I was doing some research on intuition. My university library website is a tangled mess and is rather small, so I thought another one would have it and lots of people here are at one university or another.

But I got what I wanted, and I don't feel the need to re-enforce "the married coupled" view here. 

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ran across this article

Ran across this article today and thought of you ~ not exactly what you were looking for but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Psychiatry/GeneralPsychiatry/18113

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/