Life in Norway

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Life in Norway

I am a 46 year old man from Norway.

Confirmed atheist and freethinker.  Freelance writer. Editor of the website "kinkspace".

I was drawn to this site through an outrageously funny video series at youtube called "Why do people laugh at creationists?".

At the moment I'm having a bit of a cold, so I stay indoors and wallow in self pity whilst drinking tea.

Life could be better... but it could definitely also be worse! How bad can it be when you're laughing?

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Marquis!I like tea

Welcome Marquis!

I like tea and I like smiling~will you be my friend 

Have a good look around and immerse yourself in the RRS world : A great mix of heated debate and casual conversations!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hjertelig velkommen til RRS!

Hjertelig velkommen til RRS! Hvor i Norge bor du da?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:Hjertelig

geirj wrote:

Oooo   fancy!

Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

geirj wrote:

Oooo   fancy!

Smiling

Yeah, it gets all the chicks. Eye-wink

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
niew kommer

Welcome to the RRS nuthouse, our residents are noisy but non-violent, except David but we don't like to talk about him or his mini skirts.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Hmmm well

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:Hvor i Norge bor

geirj wrote:

Hvor i Norge bor du da?

Forutsatt at jeg overhodet ER i Norge, hvilket jeg p.t. ikke er, saa er jeg for det meste aa finne i Oslo-omraadet.

Norwegian is an obscure language which is spoken daily by only a fraction of a percent of this earth's population. I do most of my writing in the much more commercial linguistic medium of English. At the moment, I am in Thetford, Norfolk, England. The ancient capital. Where Celtic warrior queen Bouadicea came from. And also the birthplace of Thomas Paine, a somewhat famous character from that period which for some strange reason is called The Age of Enlightenment.

My thanks to all the gracious welcomes. It is appreciated.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! From another

Welcome! From another confirmed Atheist.

Have you always been Atheist?

I have, thanks to a very sceptical father.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Have you

BobSpence1 wrote:

Have you always been Atheist?

This may sound like a simple "yes or no" question but it really isn't. The honest reply is; I don't know. I think I feel the same fears and anxieties that the "believers" do, but for some reason I seem repelled by the very same thing which attracts them. I do not understand why. I try to think in terms of individual survival mechanisms within the species. Why is it so hard for me to believe things? Why do I always ask questions? Why am I so stubborn and unruly?

I am prone to forgive the believers for caving in and accepting superstition rather than facing anxiety and dread. Really. These are difficult matters. Every reasonably honest man or woman of this earth will have to face the music one way or another. In this context I forgive the dumbass "believers" much the same way that I forgive the dumbass "drug abusers". It really isn't THAT important. Life is hard. And often confusing. Feel free to think, beleieve and express what you like! It's a carnival! But do not even as much as fucking think about restraining me under the flag of your symbol deity and the laws that he, she or it comes carrying!

The buck stops at the act of forcing other people to live by your rules.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
A good reply. So you were

A good reply. So you were never a committed adherent to some Theistic faith, I take it.

I too could have described myself as more uncertain when younger, but I too always had a tendency to react against someone telling me how I should think or act.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology