Hello

hiimdanielle
hiimdanielle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello, I'm Danielle, 16 years old. I've been an atheist for about 2 years. I will debate religion at any time of the day with anyone, adult, child, teenager. I have arguments related to every historical event, recurring themes in literature, politics today, how it's used for fear mongering, the effects on an individual, cults, etc. The recently had an intense debate with a hardcore theist. It was lol-worthy. I'll gladly send it to anyone who would like a laugh.(Warning, it was 17 pages.)  I'm new to this site, so I'm just exploring the forums right now. 

Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi there!  You'll like it

Hi there!  You'll like it here.  The debates can get pretty intense.  I don't do a lot of it myself but I like to read what other people say.  I'm new to this whole atheism thing.

Anyway see ya around!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard Danielle.

Welcome aboard Danielle.  I'd like to see the 17 pages... you can post it on the site if you'd like.  If you need to split it in half into two posts, feel free.

You can send it to sapient at rational responders d.a.w.t com

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dan

Welcome. Enjoy!

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Danielle !Have fun

Welcome Danielle !

Have fun working your way through the forums ~ any questions just ask ~ Have fun  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
hello and welcome to the

hello and welcome to the forums, have fun in here it, the debates can get pretty long at times, depending on who is debating and what it is. Heck there are a few active ones that are now over a year old and still going.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Enjoy your time

Welcome! Enjoy your time here! Laughing out loud

You look older than 16. I give up. I'm just going to ask for ID from now on.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!It is good to get

Welcome!

It is good to get out of religion reasonably early, so you don't 'waste' too much of your life  .

I was never into religion at all, and have only got more confident with the idea that superstitions of all kinds are at best silly, and at worst, dangerous to the individual and society.

The more I have learned and actually seen of the world, from China to SE Asia to Europe to the US, the less sense it makes to me.

I am Australian, BTW.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

hiimdanielle
hiimdanielle's picture
User is offlineOffline
 http://www.rationalresponde

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/19205 - Here's the link if anyone wants to read some long-winded, repetitive responses from an annoying theist. It's a pretty lengthy read, but it may give you a laugh.

TThanks everyone for the welcome. Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
hiimdanielle wrote: Hello,

hiimdanielle wrote:

Hello, I'm Danielle, 16 years old. I've been an atheist for about 2 years. I will debate religion at any time of the day with anyone, adult, child, teenager. I have arguments related to every historical event, recurring themes in literature, politics today, how it's used for fear mongering, the effects on an individual, cults, etc. The recently had an intense debate with a hardcore theist. It was lol-worthy. I'll gladly send it to anyone who would like a laugh.(Warning, it was 17 pages.)  I'm new to this site, so I'm just exploring the forums right now. 

WHAT THE ............Oh man, we atheists are getting to them at a younger age........what will the believers do? I know.......replace public schools with Sunday Schools and only teach the children to recite the bible. Heck, it works for Muslims in the Middle East. We wouldn't want our youth corrupted by pesky truths like human flesh staying dead after 3 days. We wouldn't want the pesky truth to get out that it takes TWO sets of DNA to manifest into a zygote.

You are a horrible youth. You have no idea what you are spreading.

WHY WONT YOU LET THEM BELIEVE IN THEIR MAGICAL INVISIBLE SUPER BRAINS WITH NO BRAIN, NO NEURONS OR CEREBELLUM!

When I was your age, we didn't have shoes. We had myth and we believed those myths to be fact without questioning our parents!

YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU pesky rational whipper snapper! *Shakes fist from porch at the teen walking down the street quoting Dawkins*

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
hiimdanielle

hiimdanielle wrote:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/19205 - Here's the link if anyone wants to read some long-winded, repetitive responses from an annoying theist. It's a pretty lengthy read, but it may give you a laugh.

TThanks everyone for the welcome. Smiling

Whatever you do, stay away from Bob Spence. I hate him. He has this magical power where he reads my thoughts and causes me to call him up on Skype so he can indoctrinate me into atheism. HE IS EVIL!

What would you expect from someone who hangs from the floor upside down?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're not allowed to shake

You're not allowed to shake your fist from your porch until you're 60 Brian. We've spoken about this before. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You're not

Vastet wrote:
You're not allowed to shake your fist from your porch until you're 60 Brian. We've spoken about this before. > >

I'll give you what for too *shakes fist*after I go to the dock about my chronic back pain! Oh wait, I don't need a doctor, I can just pray it away.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum,

Welcome to the forum, Danielle.

Unrepentant_Elitist
Science FreakGold Member
Unrepentant_Elitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!