FurryCatHerder: Least ethical individual to ever register here?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder: Least ethical individual to ever register here?

...I know, we've had quite a few low life frequent the forums (myself included), but I'm pretty sure this one takes the cake.

So, the claims made so far by this one:

- She's an engineer.

- She's been raped at least 3 times in her pre-teen years.

- She's lived in a rat-infested house in New Orleans.

- She watched her grandfather die at her feet of malaria.

- She participated in the relief efforts / reconstruction efforts in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit.

Anyone want to play, 'How naive are you?' ?

All of these claims, of course, are used to downplay the trauma of things like rape, poverty and disease so she can continue championing her deity ('Hey, Yahweh's just letting us bowl with the bumper's off!' Oh, I'm sorry - the judeo-Christian God can't possibly be named Yahweh, since apparently the ancient Hebrews were unable to pronounce 'Wuh' back in the day).

Of course, Furry is more than welcome to provide evidence that substantiates the profoundly dramatic claims of her allegedly turbulent life & professional credentials. Until said evidence is forthcoming for such an extraordinary story, however, I'd say it's pretty safe to call bullshit on these reprehensible fabrications. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You're really

Vastet wrote:
You're really scraping the bottom of the latrine with this BS. You've irrevocably proven you'd never have sent me anything with your heavy secrecy on everything, and this is effectively a grade 2 school yard strategy to piss me off or try to cajole me into agreeing with you to get a treat. Made worse by the fact I never asked for anything from you, and don't want anything from you. You really need to mature. It would be insulting if I were 6 again. As it is, it just reaks of pathetic.

Agree?  Who said anything about AGREE?  Have you ever seen a cross word between AtheistExtremist and I?  How often does ProzacDeathWish get sideways with me?  And you think they've secretly been sucked into the "I'm loving up on G-d now, baby!" vortex?

And who said anything about ASKING?  You're annoying more than just me with a zillion posts because you're posting with a game console.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yay for irrelevant

Yay for irrelevant tangents.

And so what if you and a very few others are annoyed that I post with an entertainment system. More are annoyed that you post at all.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Yay for

Vastet wrote:
Yay for irrelevant tangents. And so what if you and a very few others are annoyed that I post with an entertainment system. More are annoyed that you post at all.

i like the conciseness that the game console brings to your posts.  god knows i could use that.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well Furry

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

FurryCat likes motorcycles and V8s. Regardless of all the religious bullshit we are talking, that's pretty cool.

No props for also liking electric guitars?  For being a computer goddess?

See, this is something about men that drives me insane -- men don't like smart women.  But if we've got a fast car (0 to 120mph in "Oh Sh*t!" ), all the sudden men are interested.

As editor of an IT magazine I do give you props for being into computers but I'd give you more kudos for being into sailing and it has nothing to do with your brain. I'd probably prefer you were into literature than IT but that's just a personal preference. I'm more editor than IT. A woman who likes bikes and cars is cool because it's a connection point. Although this has clearly not occurred to you Furry - such connections are not a common thing. As a general rule the 'dirty' things men love are generally relegated to the garage and are spoken of only to bitch about the expense. A girl friend of mine is the most popular ducati rider in the world simply because she is a woman who loves beautiful motorcycles - and owns one.  In point of fact I probably give you most credit for being a pugnacious little shit. You remind me of my big sister, Ruth, who sees the world through her own eyesockets. As for being smart, I don't know you well enough to say.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:  A

Atheistextremist wrote:

A girl friend of mine is the most popular ducati rider in the world simply because she is a woman who loves beautiful motorcycles - and owns one. 

She does ? How cool.  I would love to own a Ducati 1098R or ...if I had 72,000 USD ...  the Desmosedici RR.  Sorry, not to steer this thread off on a tangent.....

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I like the

Ducati 1000S Sport myself but am stuck with a 1997 Superhawk. Still - it's about as much bike as I am rider and I guess that's the way it should be.

Probably time this thread was steered off track. That was my initial intention but she backfired on me (oh, the pun was intended...)

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i like the

iwbiek wrote:
i like the conciseness that the game console brings to your posts.

Thanks. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're not allowed to define

You're not allowed to define God because that's against your religion, right? Uuuhh, are you allowed to define "religion?" 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet's multiple posts

are

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet's multiple posts

ok

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet's multiple posts

by

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet's multiple posts

me...

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Kevin is an idiot and

Quote:
Kevin is an idiot and claiming he meant to do all that is dumb.  No, he wanted to call me out on my "supposed" life and made the mistake of trying to pull that stunt on someone who really does walk the walk and talk the talk.  Most of the people here are kids.  I don't know how old Kevin is, but I recall he said he still lives at home with his parents.  Which likely means he hasn't a clue what adults actually =do= between the time they grow up and leave home and the time they get older.

Hey, I don't claim that I'm intelligent; other folks are often happy to do that for me.

I'm currently on trip #2 back to my parents basement after first leaving home just under 5 years ago. Experience so far has taught me that 'what adults actually =do=' tends to vary a lot, and that many adults are hardly any wiser than the teenagers they chide as being 'shit for brains'.

And no, you don't walk the walk. People who walk the walk have no use for anonymous screen names, superstitious cults or personal saviors. Maybe you did experience all that you've claimed, maybe you didn't; who the fuck knows, right? Photos and graphs are easy to come by, and dismissing the skeptic is always much easier than meeting the burden of proof.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Hey, I

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Hey, I don't claim that I'm intelligent; other folks are often happy to do that for me.

Notsureifserious.jpg

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

A girl friend of mine is the most popular ducati rider in the world simply because she is a woman who loves beautiful motorcycles - and owns one. 

She does ? How cool.  I would love to own a Ducati 1098R or ...if I had 72,000 USD ...  the Desmosedici RR.  Sorry, not to steer this thread off on a tangent.....

When I was younger, and much more into riding motorcycles fast, I thought fondly of Ducatis.  Much the same way I thought fondly of Triumphs, Harleys, and other bikes that require a lot of work.  And a lot of pushing.

Then I bought my first V-twin -- a Honda Pacific Coast 800 -- and decided that I'd had enough of the fast bikes and was willing to slow down.  A lot.  I've not been over 130MPH on two wheels since the early 80's.  I've not even be close.  My current bike won't even go 70MPH -- but it goes 40 miles on 40 cents of electricity, and that's fine by me.  Especially since I should make more than $1.00 in electricity before the day is out Eye-wink

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:As

Atheistextremist wrote:

As editor of an IT magazine I do give you props for being into computers but I'd give you more kudos for being into sailing and it has nothing to do with your brain. I'd probably prefer you were into literature than IT but that's just a personal preference. I'm more editor than IT. A woman who likes bikes and cars is cool because it's a connection point. Although this has clearly not occurred to you Furry - such connections are not a common thing. As a general rule the 'dirty' things men love are generally relegated to the garage and are spoken of only to bitch about the expense. A girl friend of mine is the most popular ducati rider in the world simply because she is a woman who loves beautiful motorcycles - and owns one.  In point of fact I probably give you most credit for being a pugnacious little shit. You remind me of my big sister, Ruth, who sees the world through her own eyesockets. As for being smart, I don't know you well enough to say.

If you edit an IT magazine, you either would recognize my name if I told you, or you work with people who would, or you work with people who think I'm pretty smart.

But I'm also HEAVILY into sailing and worked for an engineering firm just after the Australians stole the America's Cup from us by using that damned illegal winged keel.  My client at the time and some business associates of his were going to rent time in a tow tank in the Netherlands to design a cup racer.  Then the economy tanked.  That was my first almost brush with sailing greatness.

After the boat Dad built when we were kids was swamped and sank in '74 or '75, he and I bought one of these --

We had it for a few years until we left it with friends closer to the Gulf of Mexico.  The couple divorced and one or both of them sold it and pocketed the cash.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:And no,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

And no, you don't walk the walk. People who walk the walk have no use for anonymous screen names, superstitious cults or personal saviors. Maybe you did experience all that you've claimed, maybe you didn't; who the fuck knows, right? Photos and graphs are easy to come by, and dismissing the skeptic is always much easier than meeting the burden of proof.

Many years ago, when I was much more open about who I am, it became a burden in my life.  I wanted my privacy back, and I got it.

Here's a true story that illustrates why I'm not so open about who I am --

Seven or eight years ago I went to a conference for "leaders" at my former employer.  An executive vice president gets up and starts talking about me.  He doesn't know I'm in the audience because he doesn't know everyone who's there, it's just one of those inspirational stories about treating employees right and all that rot.  After the story, he opens the floor for questions and I get up and correct all the inaccuracies in the story.  Later that day, when we were having drinks at a mixer, people are coming to me and telling me how great and wonderful and blah-blah-blah I am.  What I really wanted to do was hang out with a Jewish friend.  I didn't want to talk to relative strangers, many of whom were more total than relative.

I am much more able to be much more anonymous in my daily life than I was 10 years ago.  Nine years ago, just after building my current house, I went to a local computer store and starting buying parts to build a new computer.  The salesman recognized my name and immediately started asking me questions about my professional work.  It got to the point that it was like computer geek stalking.  He became annoying enough that I stopped shopping there.

You have no need to know me.  I do not like you, I do not want to be your friend, I do not wish to have contact with you, and if you tried to locate me or have contact with me, I'd probably call the police, FBI, InterPol, or whomever else I could to make you stop.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Kevin R

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Many years ago, when I was much more open about who I am, it became a burden in my life.  I wanted my privacy back, and I got it.

Here's a true story that illustrates why I'm not so open about who I am --

Seven or eight years ago I went to a conference for "leaders" at my former employer.  An executive vice president gets up and starts talking about me.  He doesn't know I'm in the audience because he doesn't know everyone who's there, it's just one of those inspirational stories about treating employees right and all that rot.  After the story, he opens the floor for questions and I get up and correct all the inaccuracies in the story.  Later that day, when we were having drinks at a mixer, people are coming to me and telling me how great and wonderful and blah-blah-blah I am.  What I really wanted to do was hang out with a Jewish friend.  I didn't want to talk to relative strangers, many of whom were more total than relative.

I am much more able to be much more anonymous in my daily life than I was 10 years ago.  Nine years ago, just after building my current house, I went to a local computer store and starting buying parts to build a new computer.  The salesman recognized my name and immediately started asking me questions about my professional work.  It got to the point that it was like computer geek stalking.  He became annoying enough that I stopped shopping there.

You have no need to know me.  I do not like you, I do not want to be your friend, I do not wish to have contact with you, and if you tried to locate me or have contact with me, I'd probably call the police, FBI, InterPol, or whomever else I could to make you stop.

well, not everybody here knows "celebrities" in the software business.  unless you're someone like elaine pagels, karen armstrong, or blu greenberg, you're unknown to me.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, not

iwbiek wrote:

well, not everybody here knows "celebrities" in the software business.  unless you're someone like elaine pagels, karen armstrong, or blu greenberg, you're unknown to me.

Wasn't responding to you.  Besides, you're merely a jerk.

Kevin Brown is a putz, and if given the opportunity would probably make a nice axe murderer, child molester or serial rapist.  There's a reason people like him start these threads.  It's the same reason some people have lots of photos of Jody Foster.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:It's

FurryCatHerder wrote:

It's the same reason some people have lots of photos of Jody Foster.

... because they're lesbians?

What Would Kharn Do?

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

It's the same reason some people have lots of photos of Jody Foster.

... because they're lesbians?

Oh, this younger generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:iwbiek

FurryCatHerder wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Wasn't responding to you.  Besides, you're merely a jerk.

in what way am i a jerk, exactly?  unlike you, i have never stooped to personal insults in our discussions.  am i just a jerk because i disagree with you?  are you really that insecure?  why do you even come here if you take different points of view so personally?  it just seems childish to me.

--Hunter S. Thompson

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:in what way am

iwbiek wrote:

in what way am i a jerk, exactly?  unlike you, i have never stooped to personal insults in our discussions.  am i just a jerk because i disagree with you?  are you really that insecure?  why do you even come here if you take different points of view so personally?  it just seems childish to me.

Well, I didn't call you a potential rapist or murderer.  Can't you be satisfied with just being a jerk?

Do I have to profess my undying love and devotion?  Write poetry?  Figure out your favorite hobbies and then share my experiences of doing them with you?

Say something impressive.  Like "Normally aspirated cars are for wimps -- I'd much rather be blown than injected."  Engage in idle banter.  Weed my lawn and rake my leaves.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:iwbiek

FurryCatHerder wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Well, I didn't call you a potential rapist or murderer.  Can't you be satisfied with just being a jerk?

ideally, i'd prefer it if you'd keep your baseless analyses of my character to yourself.  but i know that's too much to ask for some people.  though it is a tad disappointing when said people are in their 40s.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thank Gaia

Everyone has gone to bed and stopped fighting.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Nope, tinkering with some software.

I was =supposed= to play Musical Christmas Dinners.  But one couple didn't mention that "dinner" was from 1 to 5pm, which is more like "lunch".  So when it came time to go mooch free food (I bring homemade wine when I go, so it isn't like I'm a complete mooch), it was like "Oops!  Should have mooched off of y'all first!"

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Nice boat Furry

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Nope, tinkering with some software.

I was =supposed= to play Musical Christmas Dinners.  But one couple didn't mention that "dinner" was from 1 to 5pm, which is more like "lunch".  So when it came time to go mooch free food (I bring homemade wine when I go, so it isn't like I'm a complete mooch), it was like "Oops!  Should have mooched off of y'all first!"

I have a Davidson 28. It's very biblical....but a fucken great sailboat...

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I have a Davidson 28. It's very biblical....but a fucken great sailboat...

I am not worthy ...