Antimatter signature found... on Earth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antimatter signature found... on Earth

Signature of antimatter detected in lightning
Fermi telescope finds evidence that positrons, not just electrons, are in storms on Earth
By Ron Cowen December 5th, 2009; Vol.176 #12 (p. 9)

WASHINGTON — Designed to scan the heavens thousands to billions of light-years beyond the solar system for gamma rays, the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope has also picked up a shocking vibe from Earth. During its first 14 months of operation, the flying observatory has detected 17 gamma-ray flashes associated with terrestrial storms — and some of those flashes have contained a surprising signature of antimatter.

Full article here

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Signature of

Vastet wrote:
Signature of antimatter detected in lightning Fermi telescope finds evidence that positrons, not just electrons, are in storms on Earth By Ron Cowen December 5th, 2009; Vol.176 #12 (p. 9)

I thought "I thought we knew that already" when I read the title.  And apparently we did.

But I also think this proves what the tin foil types have long said -- those satellites are secretly watching everything we do Eye-wink

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Care to be more

Care to be more specific?

Quote:
The observations are the first of their kind for lightning storms.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.