ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cure the Gays, Kill the Gays, and Richard Cohen on Rachel Maddow

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I am the victim of a

"I am the victim of a hate-crime."  HAH.  What a load of shit.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Did anyone else miss the

Did anyone else miss the fact that Rachael did not bring up the bible and only said the word "prayer" a couple times. I would bet my life, without even having gone to his website, or having read the books, it is "god based" therapy.

I wonder why Rachael avoided the bible angle? Maybe she did in the prior segments, I didn't see those. But the bible angle was glaringly omitted and avoided like the plague.

I am going to go to his website now to see if my hunch was right.

PS. Did anyone else notice the phony Joel Olsteen(sp) face he sported. "If I just act like a happy guy, no one will know that I really am passive agressive".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
http://www.gaytostraight.org/

http://www.gaytostraight.org/Home.asp "International Healing Foundation

AND there is a "Therapist and Ministry Leaders" link.

Almost to the bottom of the page he offers seminars even "at your place of worship".

BUT, when you dig deeper, at his underlings, you see that the tout very Christian views.

http://wthrockmorton.com/2009/02/26/international-healing-foundation-associate-in-mortuary-ministry/

Just exactly what I expected. A religious hack pretending to be a lagit doctor.

And what a bunch of bullshit. If you truly believe that the bible says that homosexuality is wrong, then why are you burring that on your homepage? EVEN if you say that gays should be loved and not killed, if you are basing your morality on that book, why are you burring it on your website like you are ashamed ?

TRUTH, you are NOT getting your answers from science. You are trying to mask a homophobic agenda which is bible based by pretending to be part of the scientific community.

WE'VE SEEN THIS SHIT BEFORE. Christians tried it, then when science bitch slapped creationism and then went on to call it ID, thinking we wouldn't notice that it was the same skunk dressed up in a different tux.

Slick, elaborate, but not fooled.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I don't think Rachael is

I don't think Rachael is stupid, so why didn't she just call it bible based garbage? Or if she is some sort of Christian, try to argue that the bible accepts gays?

I expected him to do that, but why wouldn't she defend the bible herself if she is a gay Christian?

I am disappointed she didn't do that.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian: I think Ms. Maddow's

Brian: I think Ms. Maddow's primary goal was to establish that he had zero authority from which to make his claims, and that is why she didn't want to attach it to religion. Folks think that stupid book is authoritative, after all.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
what a goddamn human piece

what a goddamn human piece of garbage.  i personally thought she did a pretty good job exposing him as a fraud.

still, when he said he'd been married almost thirty years, i was a tad surprised.  i think the gentleman looks damn good for his age.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

From wiki on him:

While in college he became an evangelical Christian and later joined the Unification Church, where he said, he remained celibate for long periods.[1] The Unification Church rejects homosexual behavior.[9] Cohen married in 1982. He and his wife, also a Unification Church member at the time, were introduced to each other by church founder Sun Myung Moon.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
That guy they sent to Uganda

That guy they sent to Uganda seemed familiar. I just remembered where I saw him. Couple of years ago, a dutch gay guy made a documentary about the anti-gay industry, and when he visited that Cohen person, he got to film one of his "cases", and it was the black guy who now seems to be working for him. Cohen had him hitting a pillow with a tennis racket while shouting his name. At the time, I laughed my ass off, convinced that something as silly and insane as that would soon vanish, crushed under the weight of it's own stupidity.

*sigh*

Anyway, on this site they have the video of the lead in to this interview, where Maddow lists some of the stuff this guy is selling :

"A tender-love-and-care weekend : 490$ , A three month "telecom" conference, 450$, How to become a "re-orientation coach" CD-series, 349$, etc..."

http://www.gospelaccordingtohate.com/2009/12/business-of-being-straight.html

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, so the dude in the video

OK, so the dude in the video was happy boning dudes. Now he is happy boning chicks. Got it.

I understand that there is a word for that. I think that it is called bisexual.

The thing that bugs me most about that guy is that he claims that he got straight when he learned how to have healthy relationships with other men. Excuse me but what does that mean? Is there a list of things that only straight guys can do together?

He learned that he can go fishing with the guys on Saturday morning?

He learned that he can go to Home Depot and shop for power tools?

He learned hot to pound the Miller beer until closing time and then piss on a dumpster?

Really, I am at a loss here. What activity is so automatically straight that not even bisexuals can do it without becoming straight?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Is there a list of things that only straight guys can do together?

Oh yes. See, according to Cohen, gay guys can't hug. In his therapy sessions, he will teach them to hug like straight guys. He will do this by hugging them. A lot. Untill they "get it".

I really wish I was making this up.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Answers in

Anonymouse wrote:

Is there a list of things that only straight guys can do together?

Oh yes. See, according to Cohen, gay guys can't hug. In his therapy sessions, he will teach them to hug like straight guys. He will do this by hugging them. A lot. Untill they "get it".

I really wish I was making this up.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
So if gay guys hug straight

So if gay guys hug straight guys, then “the straight” rubs off on them (pun intended)? So do the straight guys become gay?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

So if gay guys hug straight guys, then “the straight” rubs off on them (pun intended)? So do the straight guys become gay?

When two men hug each other, a very special thing happens.

And that is how America was born.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
The Family

I missed that ,and I always watch the Rachel Maddow show,right after the Keith Olberman show.I think that Rachel  ripped this clown a new one. I did catch the one with Jeff Sharlet(The Family)on talking about the influence Doug Coe (Head of The Family) has with the leaders of Uganda.Rachel don't pull any of her punches - Go Rachel !!!

Signature ? How ?

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Hug therapy in action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtGouVqsmsg

Without a doubt, the creepiest thing I have ever seen.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Man hugs are fine

But what's with the christian church's fixation with what's going on in our pants/culottes?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

Anonymouse wrote:

Hug therapy in action :

Fags cuddling? Really?

The only thing creepy about it to me is the way he talks about it and approaches it. Also, the choice of clothing is TERRIBLE. They need to grow some style or just lose the cloth.

Oh, and the tennis racket thing is odd. Beating a pillow with it and calling it mom? ....

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i think it was on penn and

i think it was on penn and teller that i heard a licensed therapist say something like, "if a person's therapist tells them to deal with their anger by hitting a pillow or something like that, that person needs to find another therapist."

--Hunter S. Thompson

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Hug therapy

Anonymouse wrote:

Hug therapy in action :

~OMG that is weird ~

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Renee Obsidianwords
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Anonymouse

ClockCat wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Hug therapy in action :

Fags cuddling? Really?

The only thing creepy about it to me is the way he talks about it and approaches it. Also, the choice of clothing is TERRIBLE. They need to grow some style or just lose the cloth.

Oh, and the tennis racket thing is odd. Beating a pillow with it and calling it mom? ....

The situation was very strange ~ man/man woman/woman man/woman...whatever ~ I was waiting for them to show a close-up of the huggeeeee  with his thumb in his mouth ~ it reminded me of a mother, holding her baby before/after breast feeding...gave me the creeps.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Releasing memories "stored

Releasing memories "stored in the muscles"??

What crap.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Fags

ClockCat wrote:
Fags cuddling? Really?

Knowing who that guy is, what he's trying to do, and that the other guy is paying him for it, etc...all that makes me go "ew" instead of "aw".

I just know too many people who would fall for that. Heck, if I lived in the US, my folks would probably send me there, and I would smash his head in with his tennis racket.

ClockCat wrote:

I've seen a whole documentary about this scumbag. Just seeing his face makes me want to projectile vomit a hole in the wall.

I mean, they sell teenage gay de-conversion kits at his seminars. Imagine getting that for your birthday instead of a PS3.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

The thing is, I'm sure everyone that goes to these things is there because of social pressure. The general lack of acceptance in some places in the world is sad.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I don't think he went

I don't think he went completly straight

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Those after-therapy extra hugging sessions are purely nonsexual.

Define nonsexual. No, I don't think that counts as sex. Or that. Or that. Or that.

Renee Obsidianwords
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I don't

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I am with you! He looks two-seconds away from declaring his love for Liza and asking Rachel to go shoe shopping.