What the hell?

MrPal
Superfan
MrPal's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the hell?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6770959/Strange-light-in-Norwegian-sky-sparks-mystery.html

What?  I'm so freakin confused.

There are a lot of sites saying this is real.

I never thought there were corners in my mind until I was told to stand in one.

I have learned so much, thanks for keeping it real RRS.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey MrPal

Don't worry about it until you start heaping your mashed potato up into a facsimile of a volcanic plug....

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

MrPal
Superfan
MrPal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Don't worry about it until you start heaping your mashed potato up into a facsimile of a volcanic plug....

Haha classic!

It was a failed Russian missile test.  I was hoping for something awesome. Sad

I never thought there were corners in my mind until I was told to stand in one.

I have learned so much, thanks for keeping it real RRS.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, this has been

Things like that had been going on worldwidely since January this year, and still continue for everyone to see on ocassion. Month before that Ben Creme made a public announcement in media, as a prediction and also offered an explanation for it. Me and my family, friends and distant friends all have seen these phenomena in the sky. This year is an exceptional season for observations. And of course, I have that link about the 'star' in my signature.

Actually, as I look at it, this is some new tactics. A common colourfully blinking and moving space crafts weren't enough to stir the public attention of cynical skeptics, so they arranged some bigger light show. Good work, space neighbours! I hope that landing on every single skeptic's garden will not be necessary.

I doubt this was a Russian missile test, because the experts only speculated and Russians didn't confirm it.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apparently, the Russians

Apparently, the Russians claim that it wasn't their missile. Aliens, anyone?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Russians

Luminon wrote:

Russians didn't confirm it.

Im just gonna put this out here, so hear me out...

I would think, that launching missles over another country for any purpose, without notifying them... would cause an international incident...

(so why would they want to claim it was them? )

What Would Kharn Do?

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
History or discovery just

History or discovery just had a marathon about UFO stuff.  In the 50s and 60s the CIA used it as cover for spy technology.  So my guess is not aliens but rather classified technology.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
But doomed

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Luminon wrote:

Russians didn't confirm it.

Im just gonna put this out here, so hear me out...

I would think, that launching missles over another country for any purpose, without notifying them... would cause an international incident...

(so why would they want to claim it was them? )

It's just Norway - they're such a nice bunch of folks they'd probably pretend not to notice.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Inferno
User is offlineOffline
 It is God, our almighty

It is God, our almighty loving Lord and Creator, who hath cometh to check on our progress since He diverted an asteroid into Mars, sending bacteria through debris to Earth where over billions of years it thrived and evolved into the billions of species that have existed on this planet.

I guess he got tired of appearing on grilled cheese sandwiches, cheetos, and ceiling tiles.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Inferno wrote: It is God,

Inferno wrote:

It is God, our almighty loving Lord and Creator, who hath cometh to check on our progress since He diverted an asteroid into Mars, sending bacteria through debris to Earth where over billions of years it thrived and evolved into the billions of species that have existed on this planet.

I guess he got tired of appearing on grilled cheese sandwiches, cheetos, and ceiling tiles.

Now I want one of those grilled cheese sandwiches and some of those cheetohs, just so I can have the most divine shit ever.  It'd be super cheesy too.  Like this joke.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bah. It was just Luminon

Bah. It was just Luminon returning from an astral trip.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, the russians have

well, the russians have claimed it, so that's that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091210/sc_afp/russianorwaymilitarymissile

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Adventfred
atheist
Adventfred's picture
User is offlineOffline
its a portal to another

its a portal to another dimension   

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Don't worry, Luminon will

Don't worry, Luminon will claim it no matter what anyone says.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I just saw some video of the

I just saw some video of the event, and wow!

Best fireworks display by the Russian military ever. Bit pricy, though. Still, the illusion of the "light being sucked into the black hole" was really spectacular.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think it was a

I don't think it was a missile, because it created a perfectly regular shape of spiral. No sound was also heard, no explosion.
The light could be seen as far away as London.

The phenomenon began when what appeared to be a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain. It stopped mid-air, then began to circulate.
Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky. Then a green-blue beam of light shot out from its centre - lasting for ten to twelve minutes before disappearing completely.

Yeah, sure, russian missiles can nowadays shoot coloured light beams, maneuver on spot and cover the whole sky with perfectly regular image in quality of a hologram. How effective for combat! Russiansdidit, are you sure? I hope you didn't watch too much of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
You guys should rather look at some high quality photographs, not these taken by cell phone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0ZCOom...

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:I don't

Luminon wrote:
I don't think
Yeah. That's too bad.

Luminon wrote:
it was a missile,
Correct!

Luminon wrote:
because it created a perfectly regular shape of spiral.
And a failed missile with fuel pouring out of a ruptured feed and spinning around an off-axis certainly wouldn't produce a spiral. No way.

Luminon wrote:
No sound was also heard, no explosion.
Couldn't have been too far away for human hearing to pick up, right?

Luminon wrote:
And we all know that missiles produce only short-range light.

Luminon wrote:
Yeah, sure, russian missiles can nowadays shoot coloured light beams, maneuver on spot and cover the whole sky with perfectly regular image in quality of a hologram. How effective for combat! Russiansdidit, are you sure? You guys should rather look at some high quality photographs, not these taken by cell phone.
Failed test. Failed.

It was obviously sparkle fairies.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

Luminon wrote:

I don't think it was a missile, because it created a perfectly regular shape of spiral. No sound was also heard, no explosion.

The phenomenon began when what appeared to be a blue light seemed to soar up from behind a mountain. It stopped mid-air, then began to circulate.
Within seconds a giant spiral had covered the entire sky. Then a green-blue beam of light shot out from its centre - lasting for ten to twelve minutes before disappearing completely.

Yeah, sure, russian missiles can nowadays shoot coloured light beams, maneuver on spot and cover the whole sky with perfectly regular image in quality of a hologram. How effective for combat! Russiansdidit, are you sure? I hope you didn't watch too much of Rocky and Bullwinkle.
You guys should rather look at some high quality photographs, not these taken by cell phone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234430/Mystery-spiral-blue-light-display-hovers-Norway.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0ZCOom...

Why would a missile make a sound at that distance, or an explosion?

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I second Deadly Fingergun.

I second Deadly Fingergun. Only because he beat me to it. Sticking out tongue

Luminon, the Russians said it was them. It was a third stage failure of a Bulava missle.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
User is offlineOffline
OK, it was Russian sparkle

OK, it was Russian sparkle fairies.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I second Deadly

Vastet wrote:
I second Deadly Fingergun. Only because he beat me to it. Sticking out tongue Luminon, the Russians said it was them. It was a third stage failure of a Bulava missle.
So basically, as I understand it:
Russians announced a missile test for this week to Norwegians.
At first, they denied thatt this effect was a failed missile test.
Then, they admitted it.
It doesn't give any sense.

Furthermore, those of you who have access to American national televisions, I'd appreciate a notice if you see an interview with some previously unknown man on topics of global importance. (you know, poverty, diseases, economic crisis, etc) Most probably, he should be of some oriental ethnicity (Pakistani perhaps), middle-aged or older, charismatic, and living in Britain since 70's.
The light phenomenon on the sky and this expected interview are according to my information linked together.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"So basically, as I

"So basically, as I understand it:Russians announced a missile test for this week to Norwegians.At first, they denied thatt this effect was a failed missile test.Then, they admitted it.It doesn't give any sense."

Because that's not quite what happened. The Russians didn't announce anything, they just conducted a missle test. The results were spectacular. Then some department or another denied it was them, probably simply oblivious to the fact that it was them, as opposed to covering it up. When the left hand learned that the right hand did actually test a missle, they accepted responsibility.
At least that's my take on it with the information I've seen.
It should be noted that even before the Russians claimed responsibility, the Brits had already run models which suggested that it was a missle.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey there Lum

Luminon wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I second Deadly Fingergun. Only because he beat me to it. Sticking out tongue Luminon, the Russians said it was them. It was a third stage failure of a Bulava missle.
So basically, as I understand it:
Russians announced a missile test for this week to Norwegians.
At first, they denied thatt this effect was a failed missile test.
Then, they admitted it.
It doesn't give any sense.

Furthermore, those of you who have access to American national televisions, I'd appreciate a notice if you see an interview with some previously unknown man on topics of global importance. (you know, poverty, diseases, economic crisis, etc) Most probably, he should be of some oriental ethnicity (Pakistani perhaps), middle-aged or older, charismatic, and living in Britain since 70's.
The light phenomenon on the sky and this expected interview are according to my information linked together.

Is this far eastern british guy looking for a place called Lee Ho Fooks?

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon can't imagine

Luminon can't imagine bureaucratic confusion leading to conflicting statements being issued? 

WTF? What planet has he been living on?

There was nothing particularly 'perfect' about that pattern, in any geometric sense.

Any sound produced a high altitude is often dissipated or deflected by atmospheric density and temperature layers long before it can reach the ground.

If it is at a high altitude, it is going to visible from great distances, regardless of what produced the light.

Whatever the remaining puzzles about exactly what happened, those aspects are hardly deep mysteries.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Is

Atheistextremist wrote:

Is this far eastern british guy looking for a place called Lee Ho Fooks?

yup, gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Furthermore,

Luminon wrote:

matreya?

come on, man, do really think the next buddha will lower himself to going on international television?

--Hunter S. Thompson

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for linking the

Thanks for linking the video, that seems to be the clearest evidence I have seen that it *was* a missle.  It looks like it was spinning and leaking fuel/fumes into the air.  Then it stops and you can see everything dissipate like you would expect from a gas.

Honestly, it looked spookier to me before you posted that.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

pablotar
pablotar's picture
User is offlineOffline
Man, someone's gonna get

Man, someone's gonna get fired for that screw up; I can't imagine being the guy responsible for that test and watching it spiral out of control like that.

Eden had a 25% murder rate and incest was rampant.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:matreya?come

iwbiek wrote:

matreya?

come on, man, do really think the next buddha will lower himself to going on international television?

Why not? It's exactly what he wants and it's faster than talking to every single human. I'm sure than it will be a greater fun than hiding in mountains and deserts for millenia. There will be eventually about 40 of his people as advisors in every area of human activity (and some new areas). Really, I need to make it known, it's a good time now for his first incognito interview. It's much sooner than I expected, but I'm grateful. This is why I have the link in my signature, M. promised and borrowed from our space neighbours for 4 big glowing space crafts, that parade around the world specially to announce his presence, already for almost a year. I don't care if anyone believes this information, (or photographs, videos, news messages or their own eyes) people should discuss these things and remember it for a time when they will need it and see if it's true. It's possible that eventually people like me, who have this information, will be very busy. I should enjoy the short time of peace when nobody cares yet Smiling

As for the chinese restaurant, he lived in London for decades, in Indian-Pakistani community of Brick Lane. I'm sure he knows a lot of restaurants around there.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Luminon has once again

Luminon wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

matreya?

Why not? It's exactly what he wants and it's faster than talking to every single human. I'm sure than it will be a greater fun than hiding in mountains and deserts for millenia. There will be eventually about 40 of his people as advisors in every area of human activity (and some new areas). Really, I need to make it known, it's a good time now for his first incognito interview. It's much sooner than I expected, but I'm grateful. This is why I have the link in my signature, M. promised and borrowed from our space neighbours for 4 big glowing space crafts, that parade around the world specially to announce his presence, already for almost a year. I don't care if anyone believes this information, (or photographs, videos, news messages or their own eyes) people should discuss these things and remember it for a time when they will need it and see if it's true. It's possible that eventually people like me, who have this information, will be very busy. I should enjoy the short time of peace when nobody cares yet Smiling

As for the chinese restaurant, he lived in London for decades, in Indian-Pakistani community of Brick Lane. I'm sure he knows a lot of restaurants around there.

exceeded my expectations by far. This is way more interesting that real life and even real religion. Tell us more Lum - is M going to lead us to bright new future and engender world peace or will he instigate RFID chips behind our ears replete with MIFARE encoding, bring an end to the cash economy, introduce tattoing at birth and get us started on the business of rounding up all the believers for processing down at in the ministry of truth?

Also, when will the craft arrive in Australia? I'm on the east coast but am on holiday for a few weeks so I could travel to Min-Min to see the lights.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

exceeded my expectations by far. This is way more interesting that real life and even real religion. Tell us more Lum - is M going to lead us to bright new future and engender world peace or will he instigate RFID chips behind our ears replete with MIFARE encoding, bring an end to the cash economy, introduce tattoing at birth and get us started on trhe business of rounding up all the believers for processing down at in the ministry of truth?

Also, when will the craft arrive in Australia? I'm on the east coast but am on holiday for a few weeks so I could travel to Min-Min to see the lights.

Well, this IS real life. Those who do some work for Masters of wisdom are sooner or later noticed and visited by them, and many other people can meet them ocassionally. M. had been already photographed many times, even interviewed (though television didn't publish that back in 80's) and had a house, job, and social insurance number in London, just like ordinary man. But besides that he and his team does everything they can to show the most people some kind of unusual phenomena, from weeping icons and holy writings on fruit, to these 4 luminaires on our skies. In this atmosphere of interest, hope and expectation for change, his interviews will eventually have a great effect.

Yes, M. will bring us the most brilliant civilization ever seen on Earth. There is no chance that M. would ever think of RFID chips, barcodes on forehead, and so on. His principles are based on care for environment (to keep us alive), voluntary international sharing of big industrial supplies, abolition of wars, and giving everyone their own sense of life, if they didn't yet find it. Besides that, he can answer any kind of question, no matter if it's about million years old history, life in the universe, or correct human relationships. The world will be brought to unity. Unity means that everyone (like nations) will maintain their characteristic traits, language, culture and so on, but they will communicate and cooperate together without restrictions.
M. is a teacher of the world, visiting every country, teaching and answering questions all the time will be his job. It is therefore a good thing, that he can't die,  get killed, harmed, arrested or crucified, that won't work this time Smiling He will not be a state or religional leader, but he should have his own TV program, broadcasted worldwidely. (have you ever read the Yancy style by Philip K. Dick? Smiling ) Of course, there will be more to that. His disciples, Masters of wisdom like him, will have their own specific areas of activity, like science as such or the office for sharing of resources. There are many Masters who evolved out of people, but just 63 concerned with human evolution. Usually, they're those who really influenced (and fucked up) the history when they were alive. This is why they have to fix that mess now. It is not a secret, that some of the Masters were once Jesus and several of his apostles. So naturally, the Master who was Jesus (and Apollonius of Tyana just after that) will become the head of Catholic church (which is what Bible demands) and all religiosity in general. Don't worry, the opinion of all Masters is, that religions are outdated, overgrown, corrupted and misinterpreted, that the age of faith is ending, and great transformation is necessary. I don't think that religion will ever be problem after that. It will always exist, but in sensible form.

As for the Star space craft, there is one for west, east, south and north of Earth. They are huge, (like 5 football fields together) but Earth is bigger and they have to move all the time. Furthermore, every star must first accumulate the light it shines by moving to the Sun, so it abandons it's position for a while.
Fortunately, every space craft our of skies, the Stars included, can detect human thoughts. It was frequently reported, that those who wished to see the Star (or just talked about it), saw it later (or immediately). Furthermore, in some cases the Star space craft reacted on thoughts and did it's maneuvers according to them. In other cases, all 4 Stars gathered together at one place. So the best tactics is to think of it, wish it and watch the sky frequently. You will recognize it easily, by the fact that it's usually unmistakable for a natural phenomenon. For more details, see the Star page. There is one sighting from Queensland:

Dear Editor,
Myself and a workmate were travelling to Mackay in Queensland, Australia, and as the sun was coming up on a long road miles from nowhere we saw what looked exactly like the ‘star’ in Share International so we pulled over and viewed it with a cheap telescope we had in the vehicle. That star thing can move from one end of the sky to the other in a blink of an eye, it’s amazing. Also, in my mind it has no real or definite size; it’s all very abstract to the usual way we think of things. It challenged me; in fact it sent me a little nutty for a while. It looks as if it cools off or something and it turns an earthy-red clay-type colour and the fiery-looking interior of it settles. As the sunlight moved in, it disappeared. It’s crazy – absolutely mind blowing to see it as we did.
A.S., Brisbane, Australia.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

Where is the East and West of the earth exactly?

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
It's at the Min-Min Hotel

In the Channel Country.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lum is M from

Earth or elsewhere? You've said a few times that while most rational atheists would accept there is life elsewhere in the universe, we should be thinking about intelligent and communicative life right in our own backyard. How close are you talking?

I was fascinated with your take on Jesus and the various apostles. Do you think jesus was an alien or is he just a religious teacher and not the son of god? I always thought he was just made up or arguably an extrapolation of some other guy who got killed for doubling parking his donkey next to a colt on palm sunday.

In any case the reign of M sounds pretty good to me, what with world peace, the ability to work together while retaining cultural variations - it all sounds very nice. When can we expect M to seriously exert his presence on earth? The current governments are fairly crap after all. The sooner the better, if you ask me. Look at Copenhagen. It looks like being another farce. 

I tried to access that link you posted but am at home using wireless and am impatient so will look at it tomorrow at work. There are a lot of weird sightings of things in Australia, with a particular concentration of sightings of freaks in and around Hillsong, as I understand it.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oops! They did it again!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Earth

Atheistextremist wrote:

Earth or elsewhere? You've said a few times that while most rational atheists would accept there is life elsewhere in the universe, we should be thinking about intelligent and communicative life right in our own backyard. How close are you talking?

Let's say, that there isn't only the dense, solid, liquid or gaseous world. There are higher, finer, less dense states of matter, which is the same matter as we have it, just it's atoms are differently configured and perhaps vibrate at different speed. This matter forms another "level" of the universe, another aspect of world co-existing with our own. We here have biologic life. But on the planets which are completely inhabitable by biologic life, there still remains this etheric level of the world, which may be completely habitable.
You surely have heard of the New Age tale, that every planet is a living organism. Well, there is some truth in it. Every planet (or some moons of gas giants) needs for it's development some forms of life, and seemingly inhabitable planets are teeming with etheric life.
Now, humans are not a biologic species, but a necessary stage in development. And so most of the planets have their own, etheric humanity, and these civilizations have their etheric vehicles. These machines are predominantly etheric, therefore invisible to us, but thanks to their technology they can be partially densified and made visible to us. This is why it's so simple for them to maneuver at speeds that would shatter any earthly plane, and this is why they can materialize and dematerialize anytime, or perform various activities in our atmosphere without being noticed. "Just disappearing" is one of characteristic traits of UFO.
Now, there are two points I want to make. Everyone's body has it's etheric counterpart and trained or gifted individuals like me are aware of it like "second skin" (second body, in fact)
The second point is, that vast majority of extraterrestrial traffic on Earth is necessarily local, from solar system, because neighbours solve problems among themselves. Vast majority of that local traffic is from neighbouring planets, Mars and Venus.
For more information, read the books of Benjamin Creme, Steven M. Greer, and George Adamski.
And btw, they don't like being called aliens, they've been always our neighbours and saved us from a great part of our own toxic and radioactive pollution.

Atheistextremist wrote:
I was fascinated with your take on Jesus and the various apostles. Do you think jesus was an alien or is he just a religious teacher and not the son of god? I always thought he was just made up or arguably an extrapolation of some other guy who got killed for doubling parking his donkey next to a colt on palm sunday.
Jesus was a man, highly advanced one, but otherwise normal. There were and are individuals in history and today just as advanced as him. As Universalists would say, I don't deny that he was a son of God, but I don't deny it about anyone Smiling He was born and died 24 years earlier than the history says, otherwise the records are mostly accurate. (about 60%) His life is so similar to lives of Horus, Mithra, Dionysos and so on, because this was his intention. There was not just one Christ, or one Buddha. There is a process, called "overshadowing". It's a bit like possesion by demon or whatever, but it's a voluntary sharing of body with a spiritual being, while the owner still has slight majority of control. And so, Siddharta Gautama wasn't Buddha, he was overshadowed by Buddha, because he was his disciple, giving a teaching to the world, to make it better. And Jesus was similarly overshadowed by Maitreya the Christ, as a part of his mission to initiate the age of Pisces. Every month of Platonic year (about 2160 years) needs at least one guy from among the Masters to come and remind the humanity what the life is all about, and set the symbolics for the next age. This is why in Pisces age Christians had the symbol of fish.
We are here to evolve our consciousness, and this is done in certain stages, called initiations. These are symbolically acted out in 5 major points in life of Jesus, Dionysos, and others. The Hierarchy of Masters was a bit like Frank Herbert's Bene Gesserit's Missionaria Protectiva, creating and planting religions among various cultures. They are the source of all major teachings, which by time become religions.
The reason why nowadays there is no prophet with a Master overshadowing him, but Masters are packing their Himalayan suitcases, move to our cities and arrange interviews in TV, is different, deeper and would take more time to write than I have now. Obviously, nothing less would work. There were times when 10 true people could save the world. Then there came time when 10 000 was not enough. Maitreya will need to call on 1 billion of people. The good thing is, that there is already 1.8 billion of those who are ready.

Atheistextremist wrote:
In any case the reign of M sounds pretty good to me, what with world peace, the ability to work together while retaining cultural variations - it all sounds very nice. When can we expect M to seriously exert his presence on earth? The current governments are fairly crap after all. The sooner the better, if you ask me. Look at Copenhagen. It looks like being another farce.
Yeah, I studied M's plans and principles closely, and found no catches like "classes or races of people that must be wiped out to make the love and peace rule the world" Smiling But it is also true, that some conflicts like in Palestine will probably have to be settled by M. personally, by his Christ and Imam Mahdi authority, nothing else will help.
As for his public arrival, he worked for that for about 60 years, and now it looks like he can finally do that, after many problems, diffculties and great work that was made. My most recent information is, that this spiral light on the sky announced the period in which his first anonymous interview on American national TV should be done. This period will last until the end of Christmas. More of repeated UFO signs and phenomena on the sky should be expected.

Like this.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Let's say, that there isn't

"Let's say, that there isn't only the dense, solid, liquid or gaseous world. There are higher, finer, less dense states of matter, which is the same matter as we have it, just it's atoms are differently configured and perhaps vibrate at different speed. This matter forms another "level" of the universe, another aspect of world co-existing with our own. We here have biologic life. But on the planets which are completely inhabitable by biologic life, there still remains this ethericlevel of the world, which may be completely habitable."

Plasma? Redefines 'hot chick', to say the least.

Btw, I think you meant uninhabitable, not inhabitable.

BobSpence
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Individual, unbonded atoms

Individual, unbonded atoms do not vibrate at all, they simple move at some speed, which is taken as a measure of their temperature, unless acted on by external forces, and until the hit another atom.

Atoms within molecules of two or more atoms, or atoms more-or-less fixed in average position, as in a solid, do vibrate about their average position relative to the other atoms they are connected to. The energy in the vibration is a function of temperature.

Plasma is indeed the more dispersed form beyond what would be classified as a gas. It normally involves highly ionized atoms, ie missing some of their normal complement of electrons, and maybe some free electrons zipping around as well.

Beyond that you have just subatomic particles.

All fully covered by science. 

Plasma is being harnessed in the quest for fusion power via the 'Tokamak' style reactors.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Let's say,

Vastet wrote:
"Let's say, that there isn't only the dense, solid, liquid or gaseous world. There are higher, finer, less dense states of matter, which is the same matter as we have it, just it's atoms are differently configured and perhaps vibrate at different speed. This matter forms another "level" of the universe, another aspect of world co-existing with our own. We here have biologic life. But on the planets which are completely inhabitable by biologic life, there still remains this ethericlevel of the world, which may be completely habitable." Plasma? Redefines 'hot chick', to say the least. Btw, I think you meant uninhabitable, not inhabitable.

Yeah, uninhabitable, you're right. I was in hurry.
It is not plasma. I don't know the exact difference, I can only grab this matter in my hands, squeeze it like plasticine, perform various experiments, and then describe what it does.
Definitely, it behaves towards normal matter just like two radio signals of different frequency behave towards each other. It doesn't collide visibly for me. Maybe at some really microscopic level, that is too weak for me to notice. However, my information is, that there are etheric phenomena, that interact very visibly with this world, and underlie phenomena like static electricity.
Perhaps the most extraordinary property of etheric matter that I personally have available (not all that there is) is, that it reacts on thoughts, within certain limits. It directly interacts with my nerve system.
Etheric matter can be converted to dense, and vice versa. But etheric matter converted to dense may again return to it's original state spontaneously after some time.
I did a mistake, etheric life is possibly still biologic, (reproducing, eating, dying) in many cases at least. The greatest difference is perhaps a lower entropy and therefore somewhat longer lifetime. Other etheric life forms (known as devas) reproduce by division, but I know nothing of their eating or death processes.

BobSpence1 wrote:

Individual, unbonded atoms do not vibrate at all, they simple move at some speed, which is taken as a measure of their temperature, unless acted on by external forces, and until the hit another atom.

Atoms within molecules of two or more atoms, or atoms more-or-less fixed in average position, as in a solid, do vibrate about their average position relative to the other atoms they are connected to. The energy in the vibration is a function of temperature.

Plasma is indeed the more dispersed form beyond what would be classified as a gas. It normally involves highly ionized atoms, ie missing some of their normal complement of electrons, and maybe some free electrons zipping around as well.

Plasma is being harnessed in the quest for fusion power via the 'Tokamak' style reactors.

This is strange, because all the etheric phenomena I can sense (clearly and all the time) can be very well described and distinguished in terms of "vibration" or "frequency", that sets some of their characteristics. This is why I am not sure if all the difference between dense and etheric matter is solely in a different configuration of electron orbitals. Perhaps it is not meant as whole atom vibrating, but all the subatomic particles that it consists of, you know that they have a lot of properties that could be what I'm searching for. You know, different spin, color, flavor, and so on.  Perhaps it's a combination of different variables, but surely, it is a linear one, there are gradually four still less dense degrees of etheric matter, each of which participate on different physical processes.
Whatever the hidden variable is, it's surely not a temperature. Nobody yet converted a dense matter to etheric by burning it, all these conversions didn't change temperature.
And what about the famous atomic vibration, that sets the pace in cesium atomic clock, or quartz crystal in oscillator frequency?

BobSpence
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Vastet

Luminon wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

This is strange, because all the etheric phenomena I can sense (clearly and all the time) can be very well described and distinguished in terms of "vibration" or "frequency", that sets some of their characteristics. This is why I am not sure if all the difference between dense and etheric matter is solely in a different configuration of electron orbitals. Perhaps it is not meant as whole atom vibrating, but all the subatomic particles that it consists of, you know that they have a lot of properties that could be what I'm searching for. You know, different spin, color, flavor, and so on.  Perhaps it's a combination of different variables, but surely, it is a linear one, there are gradually four still less dense degrees of etheric matter, each of which participate on different physical processes.
Whatever the hidden variable is, it's surely not a temperature. Nobody yet converted a dense matter to etheric by burning it, all these conversions didn't change temperature.
And what about the famous atomic vibration, that sets the pace in cesium atomic clock, or quartz crystal in oscillator frequency?

The frequencies at which subatomic particles could ever be said to vibrate, or oscillate, in any sense, are so high that we could never sense them as "vibrations". Even much lower frequencies of physical vibration are  sensed as heat, or pressure, or texture, rather than as vibration. This is the basis by which people are attempting to give some flat purely 'virtual' devices like visual keyboards a 'feel'. Only very low frequencies of vibration are sensed as such. Just like vibrations transmitted through the air as variations of pressure that are faster than 20-30 per second are sensed as musical tones, not as vibrations. Way too low for atoms etc.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:The

BobSpence1 wrote:

The frequencies at which subatomic particles could ever be said to vibrate, or oscillate, in any sense, are so high that we could never sense them as "vibrations". Even much lower frequencies of physical vibration are  sensed as heat, or pressure, or texture, rather than as vibration. This is the basis by which people are attempting to give some flat purely 'virtual' devices like visual keyboards a 'feel'. Only very low frequencies of vibration are sensed as such. Just like vibrations transmitted through the air as variations of pressure that are faster than 20-30 per second are sensed as musical tones, not as vibrations. Way too low for atoms etc.

So the subatomic particles DO vibrate? Good, maybe we're getting somewhere.
The problem is, that I have only my limited senses to examine these phenomena. I usually don't see it. I can fairly recognize feel shape, pressure, density, elasticity, heat of etheric matter and so on, but then there are weird properties that are not so simple to describe. "Vibration" is a good word, but it's mostly metaphorical I guess. This is, because etheric matter is not a few kinds of matter, it's probably just as diverse as our periodic table of elements. It also acts as a medium for various kinds of energy or information! So the variety of different qualities can get my humble nerve system quite clueless, it usually perceives  the content, rather than the carrying substance itself. It's usual that I can sense one weird energy, second weird energy, third weird energy, but I often lack words to decipher their information or meaning. Only developed intuition can do that, and some people are better at it than me.
An etheric matter interacting with nerve and endocrine system, charged by information, force or intention of any kind, (for example, the intention to heal) is universally called "energy" among the New Age community. Many rational people have problems with understanding that term, so I hope this definition is better.
One of few cases which I can safely attribute to the frequency as such, is hearing the "energy" inwardly. When it circulates in the brain, it produces a sound that is something like a tone of extremely high frequency, that sounds almost like hissing of air under high pressure. This is not tinnitus, it appears spontaneously or by mental focusing, during meditation, for example. I don't know how much common it is among people.
Furthermore, a color is also an expression of frequency.

A simple comparison is possible, though. For example, I have found out that black Tesla's tablet (which is meant to eliminate electrosmog) radiates a kind of "energy" which is very similar to what radiates a certain electrically powered device that eliminates geopathogenic zones. I could sense their "energy" with my hand about half foot away from it.
Geopathogenic zones are a real threat for our health, one electrician I know can measure them precisely with a simple coil, or loop of wire. These zones induce a few hundreds to thousands of milivolts in the coil. If there is a TV in the zone, the screen gets all like magnetized, until removed from there. If there is a bed, the sleepers have health problems and may eventually get a cancer in the part of body where the geopathogenic zone crosses.