The Crocoduck

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

• DuckCroc: New fossils of previously named species, Anatosuchus minor. Fossils found in Niger. Three-foot-long upright fish-, frog- and grub-eater. Broad, overhanging snout and Pinocchio-like nose. Special sensory areas on the snout end allowed it to root around on the shore and in shallow water for prey. Closest relative in Madagascar.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Son of a bitch. I so

Son of a bitch. Cool Doob

I so desperately want to hear Ray's reaction, just to see him jump through a hoop or ten.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
/me dies laughing

/me dies laughing

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The christian argument against these

beasts is that they are constructed from a pig's tooth or that they represent the combination of multiple bones from multiple creatures. If there's one nice thing about evolutionary theory it's that the pool of evidence grows and grows and the contortions of the theists must be ever greater to stay ahead of the rising water.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's so epic. All hail

That's so epic. All hail crocoduck, the savior of evolution!

This would have been great on the Nightline debate..

Ray: 'Where is the crocoduck!! Evolution is a lie!'

Brian: ' It's right here.."

Ray: 'Oh yeah..well obviously this is intelligent design. Do you really think something like this could evolve'

Jumping through hoops indeed..

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
How about this bullshit

I sent the article to my christian brother tom, who decries evolution and all who sail in her.

And he replied: "Get back to me when you have all the living intermediate forms and don't have to delve into fossils...what did evolution stop in the past?"

My response was that he was the world's most moronic intermediate form.

Why do so few people understand the nature of evolution, that we are all intermediates branching from a shared ancestor? The education systems of developed countries are so pathetic I doubt that

developing countries will be able to convince their kids not to belief in their fear of the dark. We really are a despairingly primitive species.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
/facedesk... i dont fucking

/facedesk...

i dont fucking believe it... its not possible! lies! all of it! some one must have divided by zero! the end is nigh!

What Would Kharn Do?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:WHAT

ClockCat wrote:

WHAT NOW? 

It's gonna be a good day now, that's what now.  I'm off from work and ready to pound some Comfort and Cameron ass... again.

I'll have to put an article together.

What a perfect way to commemorate the 150 anniversary of Origin of Species.

Can anyone find me any portion of that footage that supposedly aired on November 21st?

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
From HereLMAO, Well whaddya

From Here

LMAO, Well whaddya know eh?

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Parallel
Parallel's picture
User is offlineOffline
We should throw a party,

We should throw a party, we'll have free crocoduck T-Shirts and hats. All welcome! There's gonna be cake and goodies; it'll be located in Jerusalem.

"I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them." ~Galileo Galilei

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 Wow I love having "On

Wow I love having "On Demand" I'm watching the show now on the computer next to me.  And recording it into digital.  I'll put together a little video when all is done juxtaposing Kirk Cameron asking for a crockoduck with the actual crockoduck footage.  

On this computer I'm putting together a commemorative T-shirt.  Not a party... but a t-shirt to mark the event.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Just wrote to National

Just wrote to National Geographic to ask for permission to rebroadcast the show, and to inform them I would be using some of the footage in a fair use setting.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course, it's only a

Of course, it's only a matter of time before someone somewhere is going to say we're misrepresenting actual evolution, so I'm going to cut the line and say;
C'mon, take a joke already. Yeesh.

In other news, this event has to be archived in the annals of history for all time. It should be the first page of the grade 6 science textbook. It is the most awesome (in Nelson from The Simpsons voice) HA! HA! moment in my life.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ksskidude
Superfan
ksskidude's picture
User is offlineOffline
How amazing is this? I can

How amazing is this? I can not wait to hear what Comfort and Cameron have to say about this.  Actually I can't wait to hear how they backtrack and cover their asses.  It doesn't matter what evolution produces, these to joker's will never concede.  Which is fine, because the more evidence that is discovered, the more insane they look!!! 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 I wrote to Ray Comfort, he

I wrote to Ray Comfort, he completely dodged the crocoduck and instead talked about why he's still not accepting my invitation to go to a museum.

On sale (I mean very inexpensive) and available for a limited time are Crocoduck T-Shirts:

http://www.cafepress.com/RespondRational/6975121

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rofl, it even has

Rofl, it even looks kind of like part duck and part crocodile. 

The only problem is that this will support the misconception that organisms that currently exist morph into other ones. This is, of course, a common ancestor, not the Creationist strawman.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
 Watcher and I are working

Watcher and I are working on a joint piece about this.  We hope to have it up by Friday at http://wotmwatchdog.rationalresponders.com

I'm currently working on a video.  It was such a busy day today though I didn't get as much done on this project as I wanted.  

This site is up though: http://www.thepurposeofchristmas.net

I talked to Ray Comfort today as well, details on my facebook page.

paisleyartmachine
paisleyartmachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had never heard the story

I had never heard the story of the crocoduck before.... I just watched kirk camerons appearence on 'The O'Reily Factor'. I have never laughed so hard. The amazing irony of it all... of all the absurd combinations he could have picked the Crocoduck has actually been found....