Wow, this out of Baylor U's College paper.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, this out of Baylor U's College paper.

Of course it IS a religious institution, but it is nice to see that some in that camp are not falling for the fear factor that People like Pat Robertson sell.

http://www.baylor.edu/lariat/news.php?action=story&story=65211http://www.baylor.edu/lariat/news.php?action=story&story=65211

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

If there is an apologist that is open minded, this always happens after enough arguments I think.

It largely seems to focus on understanding the burden of proof from what I have seen.

Could be wrong, just my observations at college with several people that have "de-converted"

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
His journey to atheism began

His journey to atheism began after his own confirmation, an event his family promised him would be transformative.

"They put oil on my head and I thought, 'Is that it?' I thought there would be more," Boleman said."

This reminds me of when I was, "Born again" or "saved".  I remember thinking exactly that, "Is that it?".  I distinctly remember feeling absolutely nothing.  I was just a kid, but that was the seed of my eventual atheism.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Awesome article, btw.  I

Awesome article, btw.  I appreciated the candor and neutrality of the writing.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.