Hello! I have come here to give you heathens THE GOOD NEWS!

Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello! I have come here to give you heathens THE GOOD NEWS!

The good news is: I'm an atheist so I won't be preaching to you. Woohoo!

The other news: I'm a 42 year old who's been face-palming over the idiocies of religion since age 14.

I'm a "strong" (gnostic) atheist. There is no god - at least by any of the utter bullshit definitions I've ever heard. If the definition makes no sense, it's not describing a real thing, now is it?

I've been poking over the forum for a while before registering. I think I like it here!

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hehe.Welcome to Rational

Hehe.

Welcome to Rational Responders.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hello fellow Heathen,

Welcome to the Machine (RRS) I hope that you can enlighten us about your world view !!! 

Signature ? How ?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Hi. :3

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome!! Love your

Welcome!! 

Love your avatar, brings back memories of hot summer days and my dad's PBR sitting on the kitchen counter...

Spend some time with us, jump right in, and above all~have fun.  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for leaving the

Thanks for leaving the world of lurking and entering the world of typing.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the dark side.

Welcome to the dark side. We have dark chocolate, dark roast coffee, and dark rum.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums. Good

Welcome to the forums.

Good News like yours is always welcome.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHY AM I THE LAST ONE TO

WHY AM I THE LAST ONE TO KNOW! FSM FUCKING DAMN IT!

So now there isn't a magical invisible friend in the sky frothing over our orgy of violence as a species against each other vying for his love? What are you going to tell me next, Santa isn't real? You fucking killjoy!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's a nice image

Face-palming the idiocies of religion... You'll get plenty of opportunity to face palm religious idiocy here, Deadly.

Even though I've personally only been visiting the site for about ten minutes I sometimes feel like neo surrounded by hundreds of agent smiths.

It seems no matter what you do, they just keep coming at you relentlessly in the same old way.

They have no proof but hey - if a belief is insisted on long enough it becomes undisputed reality, right?

Here's a characteristic punch from one agent recently. There is a god or you would not exist. You exist. There's a god.

You're going to need that fingergun...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
//////////////////////

Welcome and yay!

Big E
Big E's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to RRS!!!

Welcome to RRS!!!