Rise of the conservative media

Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Rise of the conservative media

    Tell me,how do we survive on this planet with these IDIOTS  www.commondreams.org/video/2009/10/26-0

Signature ? How ?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

 Just post the video.

 

 

 

 


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:I

 Watched it. It's a good compilation of clips, fairly accurately portrays some of the large problems being faced in this country today.

 

They keep making more crazies like the teabaggers, then pushing them nuttier and nuttier, and organizing them for protests.

 

Thankfully, they are a minority of the population. Still, I only expect them to get crazier and more violent as they are egged on.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
I wish I knew how !

My ability at the computer is almost Nill. I guess you can say that I'm a computer illiterate.

Signature ? How ?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:o

Ken G. wrote:

My ability at the computer is almost Nill. I guess you can say that I'm a computer illiterate.

 

Oh. I see. I'm sorry for your loss.

 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  Insanity exists at both

  Insanity exists at both ends of the political spectrum but a large segment of the conservative media seems drawn toward a more "emotive"  Jerry Springer production style. BTW, Glen Beck seriously needs to be on meds  as he has a tendency to get all weepy on camera.

  But even political progressive Kieth Olberman has a somewhat theatrical approach to the news when compared to his supposedly non-conservative counterparts in the main stream media.  Maybe it's a new trend ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Insanity exists at both ends of the political spectrum but a large segment of the conservative media seems drawn toward a more "emotive"  Jerry Springer production style. BTW, Glen Beck seriously needs to be on meds  as he has a tendency to get all weepy on camera.

  But even political progressive Kieth Olberman has a somewhat theatrical approach to the news when compared to his supposedly non-conservative counterparts in the main stream media.  Maybe it's a new trend ?

 

Keith Olberman at least is not called an "investigative news" respondent, nor are the phrases and talking points he covers showing up on that channel's news station as "news" talking points later in the day/the next day.

 

 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat

ClockCat wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Insanity exists at both ends of the political spectrum but a large segment of the conservative media seems drawn toward a more "emotive"  Jerry Springer production style. BTW, Glen Beck seriously needs to be on meds  as he has a tendency to get all weepy on camera.

  But even political progressive Kieth Olberman has a somewhat theatrical approach to the news when compared to his supposedly non-conservative counterparts in the main stream media.  Maybe it's a new trend ?

 

Keith Olberman at least is not called an "investigative news" respondent, nor are the phrases and talking points he covers showing up on that channel's news station as "news" talking points later in the day/the next day.

 

 

  So....is he just a lightweight version of Steven Colbert or John Stewart ?    ....a male version of Molly Ivins ?   

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Insanity exists at both ends of the political spectrum but a large segment of the conservative media seems drawn toward a more "emotive"  Jerry Springer production style. BTW, Glen Beck seriously needs to be on meds  as he has a tendency to get all weepy on camera.

  But even political progressive Kieth Olberman has a somewhat theatrical approach to the news when compared to his supposedly non-conservative counterparts in the main stream media.  Maybe it's a new trend ?

 

Keith Olberman at least is not called an "investigative news" respondent, nor are the phrases and talking points he covers showing up on that channel's news station as "news" talking points later in the day/the next day.

 

 

  So....is he just a lightweight version of Steven Colbert or John Stewart ?    ....a male version of Molly Ivins ?   

 

Pretty much, but his humor isn't as good at what is on comedy central. 

 

I don't watch Olberman really because for the most part he just states the obvious to any rational person, and points out things that most people should already know. The Daily Show at least hits on topics and keeps it entertaining.

 

Neither are there to inform, just like Fox News isn't there to inform with their death panels and everything else.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
 I was just scanning the

 I was just scanning the wiki on Oberlman and he briefly dated arch-conservative news person Laura Ingraham.  I wonder if for them it was like an episode of dirty sex, you know engaging in coitus with a partner that would normally be totally off limits ? 

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  So....is he just a lightweight version of Steven Colbert or John Stewart ?    ....a male version of Molly Ivins ?   

I think light weight isn't giving him enough credit. He's more like the serious side of that coin.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 I was just scanning the wiki on Oberlman and he briefly dated arch-conservative news person Laura Ingraham.  I wonder if for them it was like an episode of dirty sex, you know engaging in coitus with a partner that would normally be totally off limits ? 

Maybe he gets off on hate fucking.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:ProzacDeathWish

nutxaq wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 I was just scanning the wiki on Oberlman and he briefly dated arch-conservative news person Laura Ingraham.  I wonder if for them it was like an episode of dirty sex, you know engaging in coitus with a partner that would normally be totally off limits ? 

Maybe he gets off on hate fucking.

  If he's really feeling kinky maybe he should kick it up a notch and try Ann Coulter on for size ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  If

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  If he's really feeling kinky maybe he should kick it up a notch and try Ann Coulter on for size ?

At this point it may be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  If he's really feeling kinky maybe he should kick it up a notch and try Ann Coulter on for size ?

 

What Ann Coulter may actually look like:

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:What Ann

ClockCat wrote:

What Ann Coulter may actually look like:

 

On behalf of skeletons everywhere: How dare you? How DARE you?!

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:o

Seriously look at this woman book signing.

 

 

Someone needs to run up and hand her a damned sandwich. 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  She has the physique of a

  She has the physique of a meth-addict. 


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Seriously

ClockCat wrote:

Seriously look at this woman book signing.

 

 

Someone needs to run up and hand her a damned sandwich. 

I totally agree. I just find most piles of bones to be infinitely more reasonable.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
hmmm ummm why does America

hmmm ummm why does America get "news" like that? In south Affrica we don't get that. Its fairly netraul here slight ANC bias on the public channels on non occasions but for the most part it is quite good. The only "free" private channel is just as good if not better with the news they provide. Those from what little i can see from this clip seem like entertainment programs not factual programs.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:hmmm ummm why

Tapey wrote:

hmmm ummm why does America get "news" like that? In south Affrica we don't get that. Its fairly netraul here slight ANC bias on the public channels on non occasions but for the most part it is quite good. The only "free" private channel is just as good if not better with the news they provide. Those from what little i can see from this clip seem like entertainment programs not factual programs.

Americans for the most part are stupid and reactionary.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.