The Portable Atheist, a silly rant about the title.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Portable Atheist, a silly rant about the title.

Mind you, a brilliant book by Hitchens. BUT, a long time ago, when I ordered it, the SIZE of the book confounded me considering the title "PORTABLE"

I got a fucking hernia trying to lift it.

They say lift with your knees not your back. I BLEW OUT MY KNEES TRYING TO LIFT IT!

"Portable" What the fuck do you mean by "Portable"

"Portable" shit, Encyclopedia Britannica looks at that and says, " Aint no amount of Extenze gonna make us that big"

"Portable" what the fuck do you mean by "Portable"

You'd need a mobile platform 100 times the size of the one that moves the space shuttle to the launch pad.

"Portable" What the fuck do you mean by "Portable"?

This book makes "War and Peace" look like a flier insert you find in your grocery cart at the super market.

"Portable" What the fuck do you mean by "portable"?

In all seriousness, I loved the book although I thought the title was not matching it's size.

Just being silly folks.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol.I call your attention to

lol.

I call your attention to the probability that if we were to try to condense your posts from just this message board into one book it would rival the entire Harry Potter series and be just as critically acclaimed.

I love Hitchens... until the subject of the middle east comes up, which incidentally is why you can see him a few times a week on MSNBC.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:lol.I call

darth_josh wrote:

lol.

I call your attention to the probability that if we were to try to condense your posts from just this message board into one book it would rival the entire Harry Potter series and be just as critically acclaimed.

I love Hitchens... until the subject of the middle east comes up, which incidentally is why you can see him a few times a week on MSNBC.

Critically acclaimed? What, my spelling errors? No, that would belong in the Guinness Book Of World Records.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. I'll have to keep an

Lol. I'll have to keep an eye out to see this huge book for myself. How many pages?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Vastet, about 530 pages.

Vastet, about 530 pages.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Letter To A Christian

"Letter To A Christian Nation" By Sam Harris was "portable". "Portable Atheist" by Hitchens had it's own gravitational pull.

I expected "Cliff's Notes" when I bought the book and I got the entire Library Of Congress.