Vultures! Also going extinct

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vultures! Also going extinct

I don’t care about vultures.
Their “ecological job” can be done better by ants.
Here in South Africa they are almost extinct, mainly because they attack livestock to eat it.
It is, again, the survival of the one with guns and/or poison.
In time, sorry, no more vultures in South Africa.
Am I said about this?
No.

dingusdangus
Troll
dingusdangus's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

dingusdangus wrote:
I have lived that way, you should try it some time. this society will never advance as long as it strives to move forward technologically. the industrial revolution is the worst thing that has ever happened to the earth and it's inhabitants.

We are harming Earth quite a bit. Since the dawn of human civilization, we've been going been going through one of the fastest mass extinctions in the history of the planet.

However, I don't think technology is necessarily bad for humans, specifically, at least in the way you are describing. We are living in greater comfort and prosperity than our species has ever known. If we could discipline ourselves to limit and control our use of natural resources and our output of waste and various pollutants, then the benefits of technology will greatly outweigh the bad; it's a wonderful tool. I suppose we could just live the way you're describing, but that seems so lame to me, like we're really selling ourselves short. I don't want our species to live on subsistence farming, in little family units, for the rest of our existence; I want to us to spread across the universe, harnessing the power of stars, creating wormholes, discovering other planets with intelligent life forms......  

Please email your source for the incredible dope you're on.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:I'm

v4ultingbassist wrote:

I'm basing this on purely subjective reasoning, but it would be my understanding that the number of soccer fans >> the number of hockey fans lol

World-wide? oh yes, very much so...

However, all hockey fans would come to the fight armed with the canadian militaries best!

Silly soccer fans get what? shin guards? Clearly, the hockey fans have the technological edge in this war!

What Would Kharn Do?

dingusdangus
Troll
dingusdangus's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

v4ultingbassist wrote:

I'm basing this on purely subjective reasoning, but it would be my understanding that the number of soccer fans >> the number of hockey fans lol

World-wide? oh yes, very much so...

However, all hockey fans would come to the fight armed with the canadian militaries best!

Silly soccer fans get what? shin guards? Clearly, the hockey fans have the technological edge in this war!

FAIL!!! Just like Canada.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
dingusdangus wrote:FAIL!!!

dingusdangus wrote:

FAIL!!! Just like Canada

Dingus, can you be at least a little creative in your bad mouth trolling? i mean, seriously... some skill, some style, something...

I just cannot abide poor trolling...

Especially when you,

FAIL!!! Just like Canada

What Would Kharn Do?

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Weeping for the endangered

Weeping for the endangered vultures. Insensitive people...

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

dingusdangus wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

I'm sure Ricthofen was shot down by Australian troops from the ground. Those yankees were just trying to get out of his way....

Wrong, you F$%$ing Aussie scum!!!   Everyone knows he was shot down by a Canadian pilot, the same pilot who helped track down Albert Johnson in the Yukon. Canadians and Australians are just mad that they are still under the wing of England, who the US had to bail out of two world wars and numerous other problems dating back from 1812. England, in turn, would destroy Canada and Australia in a war with their soccer fans alone, much less unleashing one of their "forces".

You're a mad bastard, Dingus...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Clearly, the hockey

Quote:

Clearly, the hockey fans have the technological edge in this war!

Again with my subjective beliefs:  This would be akin to China invading the US.  We may have the technological upper hand but they would fucking overwhelm our asses.

PS: Hockey sticks have, what, a 5 foot range?  Soccer balls can go up to 100 feet, so soccer players get a range boost.  I guess hockey players have armor though... lol

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
I give up on the vultures!

I give up on the vultures! Their bad luck.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:This

v4ultingbassist wrote:

This would be akin to China invading the US.  We may have the technological upper hand but they would fucking overwhelm our asses.

CANUCKS!!! ...  PREPARE FOR GLORY!!

What Would Kharn Do?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:PS:

v4ultingbassist wrote:

PS: Hockey sticks have, what, a 5 foot range?  Soccer balls can go up to 100 feet, so soccer players get a range boost. 

And a slapshot with a hockey puck has the oppertunity to do some SERIOUS damage to an unarmored target

v4ultingbassist wrote:

I guess hockey players have armor though... lol

We'd stick all our Goalies as front-line shocktroops to absorb all the soccer balls!

(I really wanna see a soccer goalie stop a puck, actually... he'd probably do a diving "save" out of the fucking way, letting some poor sod behind him, catch it in the teeth)

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I'm basing this on purely

"I'm basing this on purely subjective reasoning, but it would be my understanding that the number of soccer fans >> the number of hockey fans lol"

Quality over quantity my friend. 1 hockey fan is easily comparable to 100 drooling soccer fans. Eye-wink

"PS: Hockey sticks have, what, a 5 foot range?  Soccer balls can go up to 100 feet, so soccer players get a range boost.  I guess hockey players have armor though... lol"

You forgot the puck. Cheaper to make, higher potential velocity, more damage per strike. And when ranged weapons are no longer useful, the sticks become weapons.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are we going to save the

Are we going to save the poor vultures or not?!!...

msTake
User is offlineOffline
 It's true.  The puck has

It's true.  The puck has already killed some, and maimed many.  A Soccer ball is like a marshmellow next to a hockey puck.

Oh and the vultures.

Poor things.  Really, you could put them to use and save a fortune in burial fees.

( It works for the Parsi in India).

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:Are we going to

julio wrote:
Are we going to save the poor vultures or not?!!...

your OP was uninteresting and redundant, thus people stopped commenting on it fairly quickly.  accept it.

we get it, julio: you don't care about a great many endangered species.  fine.  we've established that.  now let's move on.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson