I invite, BADWAY the christian cross-dresser and Cory T The anti-gay theist

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
I invite, BADWAY the christian cross-dresser and Cory T The anti-gay theist

I invite, BADWAY the christian cross-dresser and Cory T The anti-gay theist for discussion.  I would love to see what you have to say to oeachother.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3632
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  I could be wrong but I

  I could be wrong but I predict a no show concerning both parties.....could be a pretty interesting thread though, ya know ?

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  could be a pretty interesting thread though, ya know ?

 

Hey it was your idea!!!

 

 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
This ought to be good.  

This ought to be good.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
I'm Here,I'm sheer so get use to it!

 I know you atheists love to pit Christians against each other but I do feel this should be ad- dressed...no pun intended.

I'll will start by saying I am fully aware of Deut. 22:5 and Sodom and Gommorah and Adam and Eve instead of Adam n Steve.

Got it....but I'm not here to validate my attire or justify my lifestyle because....oh well I'll save that for the debate...... 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Im not trying to pit you

Im not trying to pit you against eachother, dammit, i want to see GOOD discussions on RELEVANT issues.  This is one, and worth having.  Should we eliminate all good discussion topics because it may or may not pit two Christians agaist eachother.  I want to know how you rationalize your cross-dressing with the Christian faith (remember i aint against you dressing up like a lady, Cory-T is).  And i want to know what he thinks of you calling yourself a Christian.  These are great questions asked individually to you both, but asked by eachother to eachother and discussed by eachother makes for far better discussion wouldnt you agree.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13594
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: I know you

BADWAY wrote:

 I know you atheists love to pit Christians against each other but I do feel this should be ad- dressed...no pun intended.

I'll will start by saying I am fully aware of Deut. 22:5 and Sodom and Gommorah and Adam and Eve instead of Adam n Steve.

Got it....but I'm not here to validate my attire or justify my lifestyle because....oh well I'll save that for the debate...... 

I didn't notice the avatar.

Look, if you really are a cross dresser, then the last thing you should be is a Christian. Especially in America.

Why would you want to belong to a club that despises you?

I look at you like I would a fat woman I am not attracted to. If she hit on me, I would politely turn her down and say thanks. BUT, if she grabbed me after I said no, then all bets are off.

you cant help but be yourself. Most theists don't want that for you, they want another club member.

BE YOURSELF.

Mind you, if you have read the bible then you also know it places eating shellfish in the category as homosexuality.

Life is not as complicated as the bible or any religion wants to make it. When you deal with people, be honest with them. When you want something, don't demand it, ask for it. When someone says no, accept that. There is nothing wrong with consent.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


geirj
geirj's picture
Posts: 719
Joined: 2007-06-19
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Im

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Im not trying to pit you against eachother, dammit, i want to see GOOD discussions on RELEVANT issues.  This is one, and worth having.  Should we eliminate all good discussion topics because it may or may not pit two Christians agaist eachother.  I want to know how you rationalize your cross-dressing with the Christian faith (remember i aint against you dressing up like a lady, Cory-T is).  And i want to know what he thinks of you calling yourself a Christian.  These are great questions asked individually to you both, but asked by eachother to eachother and discussed by eachother makes for far better discussion wouldnt you agree.

I think NMCP has won the debate that he technically wasn't part of before it even started.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Brian I know you

 I am a Christian because I am a sinner, I am not a sinner because I am Christian.

The scripture says to confess our sins among men ...that is what I'm doing.

If Cory T wants to blast me I am ready willing and able to defend my self with a few verses that he can not get around.

1. Judge not lest ye be judged

2. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God

3.There are NONE righteous, NO NOT ONE!  including you Cory T

4. Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.   These are old pics not current ones and even if do decide to dress up again...do you really think God will condemn me for wearing a skirt and heels. If so, then He, also, to be consistent with His word, would condemn a woman for wearing mens clothes albeit, in this society, it may be considered more acceptable, but is still wrong...in other words God doesn't let some slide  and condemn others because society deems some things acceptable. We either are under the law or  grace Which is it?  Grace, I believe..

And if you refer to Deut 22:5 keep in mind that was in reference to pagans who used this as a form of worshipping rituals and practiced crossdressing as part of it. If God as omnipotent and powerful as He is wants to condemn me because of what I like to wear then I think this God is to superficial for my tastes and I think that He is not!

Sin is sin and if you still sin your in the same boat as me so be careful of the judgement you have on me because God may not be so liberating with you for your sins either....and do not suggest you are perfect or even a saint....because if you were Christ like we would be following you and obviously we are not!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:...in other

BADWAY wrote:

...in other words God doesn't let some slide  and condemn others because society deems some things acceptable. We either are under the law or  grace Which is it?  Grace, I believe..

 

Ah the feel good version of Yahweh. 

 

And Cory T?  Thoughts?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5098
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Crikey Badway

 

Don't tell us you aren't feeling kind of liberated getting your kit off in front of all these unbelievers...god knows what might happen to you.

Are there any christian groups you've recently bonded with as genuinely accepting as people here? Not because god tells them to, either, but just because?

 

P.S. When the fashion demons come for you they will show no mercy...

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:NMCPhmmm, kinda

geirj wrote:

NMCP

hmmm, kinda roles of the tongue don't it, i like it.

 

 

Cory-T , where are you???  I hope you dont duck out of this one.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3706
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:If God as

BADWAY wrote:
If God as omnipotent and powerful as He is wants to condemn me because of what I like to wear then I think this God is to superficial for my tastes and I think that He is not!

You seem to be having a hard time reconciling the morality of the Bible with your personal beliefs.

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:BADWAY

butterbattle wrote:

BADWAY wrote:
If God as omnipotent and powerful as He is wants to condemn me because of what I like to wear then I think this God is to superficial for my tastes and I think that He is not!

You seem to be having a hard time reconciling the morality of the Bible with your personal beliefs.

 

Ya BADWAY im trying to back up your lifestyle here by saying i dont think theirs anything wrong with it (and remember i'm the guy that can't stand your pathetic self-loathing posts and general attitude yet still support your lifestyle), but why you call yourself a Christian is beyond me, that is what i cant agree with.  Most if not all Christians believe you are an abomonation of gods created order, why would you want to allign yourself with a belief system that is considered anti-you. 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Out of curosity am I the

Out of curosity am I the only one that adblocked Badway's avatar?

 

 

 


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Love how christians can

Love how christians can ignore most of the bible, and just follow bits and pieces of it, your under law as per the OT, as well as per jesus, john 14:15, revelations 14:12.

Genesis 17:19, 1 Chronicles 16:15, Psalms 119:151-152 state the the commandments are to stand forever and to be followed.....so yeah grace is a contradiction of the OT, the NT discards what god says in the beginning so that they can do as they please without having to follow the traditions of the jewish faith. Basically pick and choose what you want to do, as there is something in the bible to contradict parts you don't agree with.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:Love how

latincanuck wrote:

Love how christians can ignore most of the bible, and just follow bits and pieces of it, your under law as per the OT, as well as per jesus, john 14:15, revelations 14:12.

Genesis 17:19, 1 Chronicles 16:15, Psalms 119:151-152 state the the commandments are to stand forever and to be followed.....so yeah grace is a contradiction of the OT, the NT discards what god says in the beginning so that they can do as they please without having to follow the traditions of the jewish faith. Basically pick and choose what you want to do, as there is something in the bible to contradict parts you don't agree with.

 

Where do you live man, i swear i recognize dude in the back of your picture.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

Love how christians can ignore most of the bible, and just follow bits and pieces of it, your under law as per the OT, as well as per jesus, john 14:15, revelations 14:12.

Genesis 17:19, 1 Chronicles 16:15, Psalms 119:151-152 state the the commandments are to stand forever and to be followed.....so yeah grace is a contradiction of the OT, the NT discards what god says in the beginning so that they can do as they please without having to follow the traditions of the jewish faith. Basically pick and choose what you want to do, as there is something in the bible to contradict parts you don't agree with.

 

Where do you live man, i swear i recognize dude in the back of your picture.

I live in Toronto, Canada. That's my best friend Andrew in the pic.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
I live in Van, but i was in

I live in Van, but i was in Toronto for 6 months on my way back from backpacking Thailand/Auz.  I lived on Old Westin and St. clair, nasty area.  Maybe i met him somewhere at a bar or something, i have no idea he just looks familiar like i seen him on TV.


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
This thread rather confuses

This thread rather confuses me. I don't know what you expect me to say.

Badway, if you still cross-dress and you know the prohibitions against it, shame on you. But I was under the impression that you didn't do that anymore. So the point seems rather moot to me.

I wouldn't judge you for it, incidently. It's not like I'm perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Naw, unless you went to

Naw, unless you went to jacks backyard in brampton doubt you would have seen him, and as far as I know, he has never been on TV. 

Old Weston Rd and St. Clair, yeah crappy but not as bad some other places, although they are trying to clean up alot of area's lately

 


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
I was all over the place, to

I was all over the place, to be honest i dont remember much of the geography of the area, i remember working in "Etobicoke" i think it was called, and people i met took me to bars all over the place, who knows.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote:This thread

Cory T wrote:

This thread rather confuses me. I don't know what you expect me to say.

Well lets start off with what you think the punishement for BADWAYS behavior would be (given he still is a crossdresser) according to your beliefs.

Also what do think of him claiming to be a Christian and discussing with athiest on the behalf of your belief system?

 


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Well

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Well lets start off with what you think the punishement for BADWAYS behavior would be (given he still is a crossdresser) according to your beliefs.

Since the Old Covenant isn't in force anymore (and thus neither are the penalties), I would have to say that any punishment is up to God, not me.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Also what do think of him claiming to be a Christian and discussing with athiest on the behalf of your belief system?

 

Are any of us really good representatives of the Christian faith? We all sin in some way. It's a given. The real question is whether he is trying to repent of his sin, or is he trying to twist God's Word so that he can continue cross-dressing with a clear conscience.

As to discussing our belief system with atheists, he isn't doing that bad of a job for a personal testimony argument. I would say that God has called him to do this, imperfections and all.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote:As to

Cory T wrote:

As to discussing our belief system with atheists, he isn't doing that bad of a job for a personal testimony argument. I would say that God has called him to do this, imperfections and all.

Ofcoarse he did, did god tell him to put up a picture of himself in a dress too???  I havent read all of BADWAY's posts mostly because i find him annoying and he has hundreds of em, and so i cant speak for everyone but i think most people here are pretty annoyed by his

1)-Self loathing arrogant argument for the existence of god

2)-The fact he claims he's a christian when he clearly contradicts the teachings in the bible(but thats every christian i guess)

4)-Writting 3 extremely long (waa-waa me) posts with the same tittle

3)-Writting extremely long posts without paragraphs

5)-The fact that he is generally annoying

 

Do you really think if god was to send someone to an athiest website to sway our beliefs, he'd send BADWAY, that makes me giggle.  Your god has poorer and poorer judgment with every rediculous claim like that.   

 


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Ofcoarse he did, di god tell him to putup a picture of himself in a dress???  I havent read all of BADWAY's posts mostly because i find him annoying and he has hundreds of em, and so i cant speak for everyone but i think most people here are pretty annoyed by his

1)-Self loathing arrogant argument for the existence of god

2)-The fact he claims he's a christian when he clearly contradicts the teachings in the bible(but thats every christian i guess)

4)-Writting 3 extremely long posts with the same title

3)-Writting extremely long posts without paragraphs

5)-The fact that he is generally annoying

 

Do you really think if god was to send someone to an athiest website to sway our beliefs, he'd send BADWAY.  Your god has poorer and poorer judgment with every rediculous claim like this one.   

 

What do I know about the means by which God calls people to himself? If he chooses to use BADWAY, he chooses to use BADWAY. The fact that you don't like God's choice of messanger is irrelevant.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote:[What do I know

Cory T wrote:

[What do I know about the means by which God calls people to himself? If he chooses to use BADWAY, he chooses to use BADWAY. The fact that you don't like God's choice of messanger is irrelevant.

The way in which your mind works absolutely fascinates me, the connections you make are fantantsic, really!!!  I dont know what to make of that other than, really???  BADWAY??? 

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Well, looks like you can fit

Well, looks like you can fit this god thing into pretty much any lifestyle, as long as you really really want to. Which makes all the fire and brimstone talk, and even the mildly disapproving fingerwagging directed at "sinners" a rather curious waste of time. I guess they just do it cause it's fun.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3632
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cory T wrote: What do I

Cory T wrote:

 

What do I know about the means by which God calls people to himself? If he chooses to use BADWAY, he chooses to use BADWAY. The fact that you don't like God's choice of messanger is irrelevant.

Cory,  I love the way you refuse to compromise your Christian principles.  I mean when it comes to defending God's "created order" you are absolutely fearless.

 ( "the enemy of my enemy is my ally"....right ? )

 

  Now if BADWAY was an atheist cross-dresser.....

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Well, looks

Anonymouse wrote:

Well, looks like you can fit this god thing into pretty much any lifestyle, as long as you really really want to. Which makes all the fire and brimstone talk, and even the mildly disapproving fingerwagging directed at "sinners" a rather curious waste of time. I guess they just do it cause it's fun.

This is what makes cafeteria Christianity the waste of time it is.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for responding

 First, remember Saul who became Paul...God may use the most unlikely of sorts to transform the multitudes..Am I that one...probably not but truth is stranger than fiction even if it is atheistic.

Do I justify me being a sinner, The bible says we all are, soooooooo! I'm a sinner, yes I have said that on other posts. 

Is it possible that many otf the Jewish people who wrote the Talmud, Torah, whatever that many of these so called laws were man made as opposed to God made. 

The argument may be made by atheists that somehow God in the new testament conflicts with the God of the Old. But Jesus said I didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it. 

If the 10 commandments are essentially the Main laws we are to abide by then I contend there is no commandment regarding dress or orientation! The other laws of old when read in Deut seem to be out of place with 22 :5. The scriptures before it and after it have nothing to do with that particular issue..It seems almost forced in there between 2 scriptures that don't relate to a common overall theme. I don't crossdress as some sort of religous worship as according to some Biblical Dictionaries suggest of a pagan group to whom that was refenced...But I don't know I wasn't there to say one way or another!

My contention is this.

If our GOD is all powerful and all knowing, Master of the universe, can part waters with a wave of the hand or speak and say Let it Be and it Becomes, is He concerned more about my attire or how I treated others here. I have stated befor I am not the typical Christian because I do challenge my brothers in Christ and God to look and seek for themselves truths beyond that of the Bible! Why? Because, It forces you to either stay rooted in the Bible, a man made book written and inspired by men to explain our existence and how to develop our relationship with our Creator or to seek evidence of other truths that also support your belief in God even if it conflicts with certain ways you have been taught.

Most Christians believe the way they do not becasue of their experiences but because the have been groomed in a church that emphasized a particular Idea...I.E. Baptists believe in submersion, Catholics believe in sprinkling..Methodists believe this way and Presbyterians believe that way. All churches hold a bit of truth and all of them contain falsehoods. That is why I prefer Non denominational because I suspect in Heave there is no Pentecostals over here, and Lutherans over there. Heaven is not a separatist place for believers but we here on Earth love to be separated. If you can't forgive me for being me or what  I have done, then How Can He Forgive You?

Judge not lest ye be judged for as you judge so shall you be, basically so we need to be careful in throwing stones.

What did Jesus say...Let He who is without sin cast the first stone....Do I love crossdressing ...it is who I am and only God deems whether or not it is condemnable by eternal damnation or not. It is not for man to make that claim. I don't disagree it is different from the norm but keep in mind Man created high heels shoes, invented makeup and determined what men and women should wear... In the Beginning God didn't have a his and hers fig leaf or sheep skins to cover the nakedness. If I am the way I am because of a mental disorder then God takes that into consideration or If it is because of a biological defect then that too He will consider. That is why He says judge not because you know not why we do the things we do!

 

 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:I do challenge

BADWAY wrote:
I do challenge my brothers in Christ and God to look and seek for themselves truths beyond that of the Bible!

You do ? Well, that's good. So have you tried that on a christian board yet ? What sort of reactions did you get ?


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: First,

BADWAY wrote:

 First, remember Saul who became Paul...God may use the most unlikely of sorts to transform the multitudes..Am I that one...probably not but truth is stranger than fiction even if it is atheistic.

Do I justify me being a sinner, The bible says we all are, soooooooo! I'm a sinner, yes I have said that on other posts. 

Is it possible that many otf the Jewish people who wrote the Talmud, Torah, whatever that many of these so called laws were man made as opposed to God made. 

The argument may be made by atheists that somehow God in the new testament conflicts with the God of the Old. But Jesus said I didn't come to do away with the law but to fulfill it. 

If the 10 commandments are essentially the Main laws we are to abide by then I contend there is no commandment regarding dress or orientation! The other laws of old when read in Deut seem to be out of place with 22 :5. The scriptures before it and after it have nothing to do with that particular issue..It seems almost forced in there between 2 scriptures that don't relate to a common overall theme. I don't crossdress as some sort of religous worship as according to some Biblical Dictionaries suggest of a pagan group to whom that was refenced...But I don't know I wasn't there to say one way or another!

My contention is this.

If our GOD is all powerful and all knowing, Master of the universe, can part waters with a wave of the hand or speak and say Let it Be and it Becomes, is He concerned more about my attire or how I treated others here. I have stated befor I am not the typical Christian because I do challenge my brothers in Christ and God to look and seek for themselves truths beyond that of the Bible! Why? Because, It forces you to either stay rooted in the Bible, a man made book written and inspired by men to explain our existence and how to develop our relationship with our Creator or to seek evidence of other truths that also support your belief in God even if it conflicts with certain ways you have been taught.

Most Christians believe the way they do not becasue of their experiences but because the have been groomed in a church that emphasized a particular Idea...I.E. Baptists believe in submersion, Catholics believe in sprinkling..Methodists believe this way and Presbyterians believe that way. All churches hold a bit of truth and all of them contain falsehoods. That is why I prefer Non denominational because I suspect in Heave there is no Pentecostals over here, and Lutherans over there. Heaven is not a separatist place for believers but we here on Earth love to be separated. If you can't forgive me for being me or what  I have done, then How Can He Forgive You?

Judge not lest ye be judged for as you judge so shall you be, basically so we need to be careful in throwing stones.

What did Jesus say...Let He who is without sin cast the first stone....Do I love crossdressing ...it is who I am and only God deems whether or not it is condemnable by eternal damnation or not. It is not for man to make that claim. I don't disagree it is different from the norm but keep in mind Man created high heels shoes, invented makeup and determined what men and women should wear... In the Beginning God didn't have a his and hers fig leaf or sheep skins to cover the nakedness. If I am the way I am because of a mental disorder then God takes that into consideration or If it is because of a biological defect then that too He will consider. That is why He says judge not because you know not why we do the things we do!

 

 

I was wondering when we'd get to the creator of Christianity.

All you have to do is believe really, really hard in his Christ construct and you're forgiven and under grace so sin no longer applies to you.  Follow the 10 commandments? Nah. Follow the words that other writers attributed to your Christ? Bat squeeze.

That's one thing you guys have in common with atheists - sin doesn't apply to us either. We just avoided the middleman.

I'm not sure why you're so enamored of Paul, Badway. You'd be one of the first he condemned.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Out of

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Out of curosity am I the only one that adblocked Badway's avatar?

  

Nope.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
 For the

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

And sorry that The debate between Myself and Cory T didn't abrubt the way you'd expect ...Why , because even he understands judgement is in God's hands neither mine nor Cory's. Because of that, I now respect Cory T for not subjugating himself to the neanderthalithic atheists attempts to pit Christians against each other irregardless of their take on God and subject them to a side show cockfight!

 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: For the

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

And sorry that The debate between Myself and Cory T didn't abrubt the way you'd expect ...Why , because even he understands judgement is in God's hands neither mine nor Cory's. Because of that, I now respect Cory T for not subjugating himself to the neanderthalithic atheists attempts to pit Christians against each other irregardless of their take on God and subject them to a side show cockfight!

 

Actually I've known several CDs and drag queens. I used to own tanning salons as well as a swimsuit/lingerie store in Orlando. I've sold many an outfit to CDs and gays. That doesn't mean I want to look at your pics. Don't feel like your being singled out you're  not the only one who I've blocked an Avatar, there have been other less than tasteful ones I have. I know 2 mail carriers that crossdress in Orlando. One is very blatant about it going out in public to go shopping. He/She doesn't look at all hot. The other is a friend who usually only dresses that way to go to clubs and at home. The problem with mail carriers doing this in Orlando is the shaved legs, which are obvious due to the shorts they wear 10 or 11 months a year.

There is nothing hypocritical at all in this, there are many things I accept but really don't care to observe. I don't care what you do or what persuasion you are. I'm a Notary in Florida and we perform weddings there. If gay marriage was allowed I would have no problem performing the ceremony. I live in a conservative part of Orlando where there are many older people. On one Sunday I recall 2 gays walking into the supermarket hand in hand to just freak out the seniors. This was prior to last year's ballot amendment banning gay marriage. The old people really freaked, which was the point I think. Probably this didn't help to stop the amendment at all. There are better ways to promote your self interests. I also understand that crossdressing does not mean you're gay, my friend is straight.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: For the

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

And sorry that The debate between Myself and Cory T didn't abrubt the way you'd expect ...Why , because even he understands judgement is in God's hands neither mine nor Cory's. Because of that, I now respect Cory T for not subjugating himself to the neanderthalithic atheists attempts to pit Christians against each other irregardless of their take on God and subject them to a side show cockfight!

 

Under our skin? Not really. I do wonder why you are in a religion that is against your own interests.

Why are you leaving yourself in the hands of God's judgment when (if you've actually read what is purported to be his word) you already know the verdict?

As for pitting one theist against the other - you have the wrong idea. All we usually hear from you folk is how much you hate atheists and how we're all going to burn in hell because we don't kiss Jesus' tush exactly the way you do. Of course, as we've seen from you and Cory already, theists can't agree on between themselves on how to kiss the Jesus tush properly. That's why we get "I'll leave it up to God to judge" instead of one of you cracking open your holy book and exposing the contradictions to yourselves.

IF you theists would talk to each other, maybe you'd figure out that none of your versions of Christianity make sense.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13594
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: For the

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

And sorry that The debate between Myself and Cory T didn't abrubt the way you'd expect ...Why , because even he understands judgement is in God's hands neither mine nor Cory's. Because of that, I now respect Cory T for not subjugating himself to the neanderthalithic atheists attempts to pit Christians against each other irregardless of their take on God and subject them to a side show cockfight!

 

You seem to fail to understand that it is unessary to point out your crossdressing to ATHEISTS. WE are outcasts as well. You are preaching to the chior.

But you are correct we do like to pit Christians against Christians. We also like to pit Muslims against Christians. BUT not for the reasons you would like to think.

When the conversation is sparked, the taboo is lifted and the thinking starts. In no way do we want the same tribalism that religion has successfully divided humanity with. We want Christians on the left and right debate each other to SHOW them how the book is arbitrary and open for interpretation.

We want Muslims, Christians and Jews to see the self serving circular reasoning they use. NOT to promote hatred or violence, but to expose bad use of logic. Sometimes they cant get that through debating us and only realize it when they debate other believers.

Believe me, I have more in common with you than you do with the likes of Pat Robertson. But that does not mean that I won't challenge you, or anyone else, on any subject, not just religion, when bad logic is employed.

EXAMPLE.

You go to a used car salesman.

Salesman, "Buy this car because it is blue"

Good logic would not allow someone to buy a car based on such a superficial level. Good use of logic would have the potential buyer having the car checked out by an independent mechanic to insure the buyer is not buying a lemon.

That is what we do in challenging you to debate us and that is what we do when we challenge you to debate others. There is no hate or desire for division. There is a hate for bad use of logic and we see it all the time and not just the issue of god belief or religion.

Bad use of logic has had people believe Elvis is still alive. Bad use of logic is still gripping people who believe that Oswald did not act alone.

You will not understand what we are doing until you understand what logic is, and how it should be employed to insure quality  control.

Logic to the laymen is "it feels right so therefor it is"

Logic is pragmatism and systematic void of personal bias.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:I

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

 

Who are you calling a hypocrite exactly?

 

BADWAY wrote:

And sorry that The debate between Myself and Cory T didn't abrubt the way you'd expect ...Why , because even he understands judgement is in God's hands neither mine nor Cory's. Because of that, I now respect Cory T for not subjugating himself to the neanderthalithic atheists attempts to pit Christians against each other irregardless of their take on God and subject them to a side show cockfight!

 

I didn't see a debate. 

 

Christians either backpedal or condemn eachother when their ideologies conflict. There aren't really any other options. It isn't hard to find, as it happens all the time. 

 

I don't really care about your crossdressing. It isn't strange or unusual. Notions of dress and appearance related to gender are old ideas, and they change along with the rest of fashion. 

 

 

 

As for Cory. I couldn't care less what you think about gays. If you subscribes to a belief of bigotry, that is your choice.

 

You can condemn gays all you like, while at the same time saying "Oh, I'm not condemning them. My GOD is." as a lame excuse.

 

Although while it pains me to see myself and others on this forum be a target for your prejudice, there isn't much I can do short of pointing it out. 

 

Any rational sane person will take note of your bigotry and see it for what it is. Illogical hatred.

 

 

When you say "gays are evil" or "gays are condemned" you may as well be saying "black people are evil" or "black people are condemned". Which, by the way was the argument not even a hundred years ago today in the United States. The "children of Ham" argument still goes on in some rural places in the country even.

 

Funny that. 

 

 

 

I'm glad that my generation at least seems level-headed enough for the most part to see bigotry for what it is. Another 10-15 years and your ridiculous "religious morals" of hatred will be completely marginalized, compared to their partially marginalized state of today. I could move to Canada for more equality, but I think that the United States is heading in that direction already.

 

Thankfully.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Just for the record!

 I, nor any respectable Christian or Elohimian(My term) hates atheist or anyone. I don't even hate the devil. I actually feel sorry for the little hothead!

It is my intent that to show God loves all and accepts all! Yes, I also think  He is a judging, vengeful and wrathful God or can be if moved to be so...

But I also believe Christians have done more to destroy Christianity than the devil himself. We think we got it figured out and we don't!

We think we truly know Him and we don't!

But it is because He lives within us that we may do, what to Him, is more important in my opinion, than ones attire or orientation, and that is to Love one another and to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I suspect if we all learned to do that without religion, that God would be a lot more lenient in His judgement of us as HUMAN BEINGS. 

It is faith not works but it doesn't hurt to do good deeds that lift up your fellow man/woman irregardless of nationality, or affiliation. But in saying that God would be lenient I suspect on the ones who believed in Him and be more harsh on those who refused to believe in Him because they leaned unto their own understanding...

Am I guilty of that...perhaps

but, at least I'm seeking Truth rather than suspecting truth based on a seminary class or some hypocrite behind the pulpit preaching the Word but not living by it or continuing to sin knowing they are not worthy of that position. Then again no one is... Peter denied Christ 3 times to save his own skin....DENIED 3 TIMES  yet he was to be the rock upon which the church would be based....

And I don't contend that would be Catholicism as they would have you believe...

But if Peter can deny Christ to save his skin and have a place in Heaven.....then, I ,who have not denied Christ or my Belief in God would think surely I could get into Heaven  not because I am in touch with my inner femininity because that's not as important as what have I done here on Earth to benefit Man! 

Lord forgive me if I lead any man astray and bless them if they come to know you better in spite of my lack of wisdom or knowledge! My heart is in the right place even if at times my mind is not!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:BADWAY

ClockCat wrote:

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

 

Who are you calling a hypocrite exactly?

Cpt Pineapple and me I think.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
not at all pauly john and cpt piney

 Actually I gave neither of you too much thought!


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Actually I

BADWAY wrote:

 Actually I gave neither of you too much thought!

The same amount of thought as you've given your position?

If you gave it any thought at all, you'd see that your view of God is self contradictory.

But that lack of thought makes for good cafeteria Christians, doesn't it?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
Gagfly

 Please join Ciarin and clock kitty on her post and bash me over there..this post is for people who have an IQ higher than a sack of potatoes!

But thanks for trying..you'll get smarter one day...I pray soon! 

I know your still frustrated about those childproof bottles...here let me help you..push down on top of lid twist and turn..there you go now take your vitamins.....goochy goochy goo!!!! 

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: I do challenge

BADWAY wrote:
I do challenge my brothers in Christ and God to look and seek for themselves truths beyond that of the Bible!


Yes, and I was wondering if you ever tried that on a christian forum, in sort of the same style you're trying it here, and what the reaction might have been.

(If you did, could you please provide a link ? Thanks)

BADWAY wrote:
Judge not lest ye be judged for as you judge so shall you be, basically so we need to be careful in throwing stones.

Well, you did just call us hypocrites. Not sure why you did that, to be honest.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote:It is my intent

BADWAY wrote:

It is my intent that to show God loves all and accepts all! Yes, I also think  He is a judging, vengeful and wrathful God or can be if moved to be so...

Why is it that theists always have gods with human emotions? Could it be the gods were constructed by humans?

BADWAY wrote:

We think we truly know Him and we don't!

He might be the Ag director for this spiral arm in charge of raising a vast quantity of food for his home planet system and we are it.

Just something to consider.

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


BADWAY
Theist
BADWAY's picture
Posts: 142
Joined: 2007-05-21
User is offlineOffline
anymouse like i said!

 That comment is for those to who it applies if it didn't apply to you then there would be no need to respond!

"They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions...I must be going to Heaven because I don't have any good intentions.".BADWAY


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Actually I

BADWAY wrote:

 Actually I gave neither of you too much thought!

 

 

 

 

 


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: That comment

BADWAY wrote:

 That comment is for those to who it applies if it didn't apply to you then there would be no need to respond!

The point is, you accused people of being hypocrites, right after you said this :

BADWAY wrote:

Judge not lest ye be judged for as you judge so shall you be, basically so we need to be careful in throwing stones.

This kind of thing makes it rather hard to take you seriously, and I've really been doing my best.

 

So let's try this again. You said this, right ? :

BADWAY wrote:

I do challenge my brothers in Christ and God to look and seek for themselves truths beyond that of the Bible!

 

So I was wondering if you ever tried that on a christian forum, in sort of the same style you're trying it here, and what the reaction might have been.

(If you did, could you please provide a link ? Thanks)

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: Please join

BADWAY wrote:

 Please join Ciarin and clock kitty on her post and bash me over there..this post is for people who have an IQ higher than a sack of potatoes!

But thanks for trying..you'll get smarter one day...I pray soon! 

I know your still frustrated about those childproof bottles...here let me help you..push down on top of lid twist and turn..there you go now take your vitamins.....goochy goochy goo!!!! 

Do my questions scare your little Christian brain so much?

Poor little boy...that cognitive dissonance you're experiencing must hurt like hell.

Read your Bible, little man - you might become an atheist yet.

By the way, thanks for your surrender. I didn't think you had an argument before. This just confirms it.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3632
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
BADWAY wrote: For the

BADWAY wrote:

 For the record...prozacdeathwish was curious of what I looked like So I am merely showin the pics as an avatar for now...funny how now the crossdressing seems to be getting under the skin of the atheists a little more than they let on...HYPOCRITES

  ...and I thank you for having revealed your other self.  Your status as a TV is a non-issue in and of itself.  Being an avowed Christian does tend to complicate how your are perceived, though.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.