I'm new here.

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
I'm new here.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. On Myspace, I'm known as Mrs.EdwardNorton, but here I am EdwardNortonFan. My real name is Lisa. I've been an atheist almost all of my life, although I've gone through a phase where I tried my hardest to believe in god and follow Christianity about ten years ago. It only lasted a couple of months, then I came back to my logical self. Christianity in particular is so absurd to me. I can't stand 99.9% of all the Christians I meet or know. Growing up, my father was (still is) an atheist. My mom never talked about religion or god, but now she is a Christian. I am lucky, though, because she doesn't go to church or read the bible or preach about it. I'm raising my children as atheists, and sometimes it is difficult, but I know they are better people for it. They are logical and skeptical, of which I'm so proud. My husband is also an atheist; I couldn't ever be with someone who wasn't. I am here looking for fellow atheists and skeptics for friendship, as I live in Texas, and there aren't many atheists around my area. Thanks for your ear and I look forward to discussing topics with you.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Welcome to the site!

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
I'm new here.

Thanks much! Hey, how do I add my photo to my profile?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan wrote:Thanks

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

Thanks much! Hey, how do I add my photo to my profile?

Click on "My account" at the top, click the "edit tab" and then their be a space to browse your computer for the photo you want.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Will you vote for Chuck

Will you vote for Chuck Norris for President of Jesusland if Texas secedes from the Union?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
Chuck Norris

That all depends on who the other candidates are. Eye-wink

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Enjoy your stay

Enjoy your stay

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EdwardNortonFan wrote:That

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

That all depends on who the other candidates are. Eye-wink

If that is you in your avatar, I might say that you are easy on the eyes.

Welcome to the forums.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
"If that is you in your

"If that is you in your avatar, I might say that you are easy on the eyes. "

LOL

Yes, it's me. Thanks for the flattery.

*Blushing*

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums Lisa!

Glad to hear you came to your senses regarding Christianity  Eye-wink

You look familiar to me ~ like someone I have met or known ~ Ever been to Iowa or Illinois? Anyway, have fun and jump right into the discussions!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
"You look familiar to me ~

"You look familiar to me ~ like someone I have met or known ~ Ever been to Iowa or Illinois? Anyway, have fun and jump right into the discussions!"

I get that a lot. No, I've never been to Iowa or Illinois.

I've jumped in with both feet! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
edwardNortonfan

Welcome on board,  it is nice to see yet another surviver from the bible belt.

Check out The Atheist-experience podcast.  They do live shows from Austen every Sunday 4:30 to 6:00 PM. And local gatherings and other social get togethers. How close to Austen are you?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Check out The Atheist-experience podcast.  They do live shows from Austen every Sunday 4:30 to 6:00 PM. And local gatherings and other social get togethers. How close to Austen are you?

I'm about four hours. I live in Houston. Well, actually Spring, about five minutes north.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan wrote: On

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

On Myspace, I'm known as Mrs.EdwardNorton,

Um..is your husband aware of this? Smiling

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I'm about four hours. I live in Houston. Well, actually Spring, about five minutes north.

Watch the podcasts, maybe you'll make a family day of Austen in the future. btw I am in Mississauga (near Toronto) Ontario Canada, so it is unlikely we'll ever meat but they are good people. Good luck!

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan

sorry for the dubble post.

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
geirj wrote:EdwardNortonFan

geirj wrote:

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

He doesn't mind sharing. Eye-wink

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum! Have

Welcome to the forum! Have fun. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.You have a

Welcome.

You have a wonderfully open-minded husband. My spouse threatened to keep me from waking up if i used the name Mr. Natalie Portman.

I have 4 children and found that it was best to just let them observe my interactions with others to teach critical thinking (or my best simulation of it).

I find it very curious when people say "I'm raising my kids as atheists." since I know of no guidebook for the process. lol.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Welcome ENF.  It's

Welcome ENF.  It's always nice to have new people drop in. 

(  I like Edward Norton as well, especially American History X, The Twenty fifth Hour and the most recent Hulk movie. )

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
What, no fight club?

What, no Fight Club? American History X is my second favorite Norton movie. But to have him and Brad Pitt together? Heaven!

EdwardNortonFan
User is offlineOffline
"I find it very curious when

"I find it very curious when people say 'I'm raising my kids as atheists'"

Why?

No handbook needed. Whenever their friends or new people inquire about church or mention prayer or god, my children are aware of what they talk about, but know they don't believe such drivel. They also know Santa is imaginary. I taught them we are what people call "atheists" so that they know how to respond appropriately when people ask them about faith (which is more often with my high school daughter than my other two children). It is part of our identity as a family. It is something I try to instill in them to be proud of for the most part.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan wrote:What,

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

What, no Fight Club? American History X is my second favorite Norton movie. But to have him and Brad Pitt together? Heaven!

I like Fight Club too.... in fact I've got it on dvd.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
even newer than you

welcome, just signed up aswell,  always good to talk to anyone whos been thru the bibles teachings and come out the other side true to themselves a non believer!!!  Good work!!!     

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan wrote:geirj

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

geirj wrote:

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

He doesn't mind sharing. Eye-wink

Then tell him you're gonna go stay with Brian Sapient for a weekend in Philly.  Sticking out tongue

It's nice to have you on board.  There is a small delegation of folks who frequent this site from the Austin and Houston areas.  A friend of mine who is constantly organizing something is the state director for American Atheists Texas and is based out of Austin: http://www.atheist-experience.com/people/joe_zamecki/

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings

Greetings Lisa

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
How come the Atheists have

How come the Atheists have all the hot chicks?

Welcome to the site, Lisa. I hope you're able to meet some supportive Atheists in TX.

Failing that I would offer you a place to stay in sunny Southern California, although my wife doesn't share, so you'd have to hide in my sock drawer.

Enjoy the RR fun!

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
EdwardNortonFan wrote:What,

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

Fight Club is my favorite movie period, of Norton's movie's, primal fear is up there, American History X, the score and Pride and glory rank up there as his better movies. Oh and hi and welcome

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck

latincanuck wrote:

EdwardNortonFan wrote:

Fight Club is my favorite movie period, of Norton's movie's, primal fear is up there, American History X, the score and Pride and glory rank up there as his better movies. Oh and hi and welcome

Bleh fight club was so full of holes. It needed to be longer to close up the holes if they had then it would of been a good movie, this is why I think movies are the worst medium for telling a story.

On a side note who is edward nortan or whatever it is?

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Proper Gander
Proper Gander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can't say I'm as passionate

Can't say I'm as passionate about Ed dearest as you seem to be, ENF, but I've got nothing against him. Good actor, good looks and from what I've seen, good movies as well. I don't wish to marry him, though.

Welcome to the forums!

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy."

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums ENF. 

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.