Dawkins vs O'Reilly

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
Dawkins vs O'Reilly

 ...It's funny that, even on his own program, O'Reilly cannot manage to do any better than a bumblebee against a freight train. 

 

Honestly, if anything, I think that this goes to prove Dr. Dawkins's argument against entering into 'debate' with these folks. The only thing that was actually accomplished here was O'Reilly throwing some more red meat to the crowd; everyone intelligent enough to understand why none of 'ol Bill's arguments were logically sound is also already intelligent enough to know that this 'argument' is already settled. 

...Also, why is Fox so obsessed with 'fascism' these days? Anything that anyone does or has done in the past that Roger Ales dislikes is now 'fascist', from nationalized medication to teaching proper science to not being a white person. I mean, cripes, apparently Bill'O doesn't even understand the difference between fascism and censorship (which is what he was actually setting up a strawman for at the end), or so we're led to believe.

I guess Nazi rhetoric just resonates with contemporary conservatives (and gee whiz, I wonder why that would be?)

 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10595
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
The ultimate irony: attack

The ultimate irony: attack facism by promoting facism, until you have facism.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Hey Kevin where the hell you

Hey Kevin where the hell you been?  You think you can just leave us for 2 months and we'll take you back?  (i kid i kid)

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Hey Kevin

Sapient wrote:

Hey Kevin where the hell you been?  You think you can just leave us for 2 months and we'll take you back?  (i kid i kid)

 

 

 

Do we have to?

 

 

 

 

 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Do we

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Do we have to?

Can you become born-again please?  We need something better to do.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:o

Sapient wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Do we have to?

Can you become born-again please?  We need something better to do.

 

 

Ow

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Sapient wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Do we have to?

Can you become born-again please?  We need something better to do.

Listen buddy, it is because of you and this site that Pineapple was infected with your pesky reason. Now you go bitching about not having chewtoys. Tisk Tisk.........

As far as the video, I don't think it amounts to "throwing red meat" to the masses. I think Dawkins handled it well by staying calm and treating O'Crappy like a child throwing a tantrum.

There was a time when people wouldn't even defend evolution, and now to keep up with science you DID hear O'Crappy try to jump on the bandwagon by saying, "I don't think my belief conflicts with science"

We are forcing idiots like this to backpedal. Once we get them to concede that scientific method has merit, they have to play on our turf where their myth cannot compete.

The battle will not be won in a 5min or ten min segment. But the air time will cause many too investigate Dawkins and atheists and knowing how much our voice has exploded in the past 8 years, I do think this helps.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3328
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
i don't need to watch

i don't need to watch this.  i can clearly imagine everything that was said.  o'reilly is a human piece of garbage and listening to him only gets my blood pressure up.

what really gets to me aren't even his views: it's the fact that he tries to pull off this hard-ass act (see his famous argument with geraldo).  i mean, come on, he's a soft, middle-aged TV presenter who's addicted to coke.  just because you can stand up and scream and get red in the face doesn't make you a tough guy, billy-boy.

i'm sure dawkins was admirably calm and diplomatic as usual, but i wouldn't be able to stand it.  i would challenge the motherfucker to a fight and keep publicly hounding him on the issue until he gave in, then kick his pasty mick ass (i say that as a fellow celt) just to take the wind out of his sails.  at least that would open up plenty of opportunities for ridicule later on for those guests of his less polite than dawkins.

hell, civil or criminal charges would be worth it.  i don't have any children or significant assets to speak of, and i really do hate this rat bastard that much.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
I suppose O'Reiley thinks

I suppose O'Reiley thinks he's right because he shouts more than Dawkins...


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Kevin R Brown wrote:

 ...It's funny that, even on his own program, O'Reilly cannot manage to do any better than a bumblebee against a freight train. 

Honestly, if anything, I think that this goes to prove Dr. Dawkins's argument against entering into 'debate' with these folks. The only thing that was actually accomplished here was O'Reilly throwing some more red meat to the crowd; everyone intelligent enough to understand why none of 'ol Bill's arguments were logically sound is also already intelligent enough to know that this 'argument' is already settled. 

...Also, why is Fox so obsessed with 'fascism' these days? Anything that anyone does or has done in the past that Roger Ales dislikes is now 'fascist', from nationalized medication to teaching proper science to not being a white person. I mean, cripes, apparently Bill'O doesn't even understand the difference between fascism and censorship (which is what he was actually setting up a strawman for at the end), or so we're led to believe.

I guess Nazi rhetoric just resonates with contemporary conservatives (and gee whiz, I wonder why that would be?)

Should you ever write a book and agree to increase your and publisher's earning with a promotional tour keep in mind you have NO say over where you appear or who you talk to or in what forum.

His richarddawkins.net is a pro-atrocity, pro-judaism, pro-Israel forum so he has no complaint about being thrown in with his fellow fascists. Not only was I expelled for being anti-fascist but so also was Just Moshe.

But keep the first paragraph in mind. Book tours are for the promotion of sales and nothing else. I have no problem with people making a buck. More power to them. But lets not raise them above making a buck.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Kevin R

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Kevin R Brown wrote:

 ...It's funny that, even on his own program, O'Reilly cannot manage to do any better than a bumblebee against a freight train. 

Honestly, if anything, I think that this goes to prove Dr. Dawkins's argument against entering into 'debate' with these folks. The only thing that was actually accomplished here was O'Reilly throwing some more red meat to the crowd; everyone intelligent enough to understand why none of 'ol Bill's arguments were logically sound is also already intelligent enough to know that this 'argument' is already settled. 

...Also, why is Fox so obsessed with 'fascism' these days? Anything that anyone does or has done in the past that Roger Ales dislikes is now 'fascist', from nationalized medication to teaching proper science to not being a white person. I mean, cripes, apparently Bill'O doesn't even understand the difference between fascism and censorship (which is what he was actually setting up a strawman for at the end), or so we're led to believe.

I guess Nazi rhetoric just resonates with contemporary conservatives (and gee whiz, I wonder why that would be?)

Should you ever write a book and agree to increase your and publisher's earning with a promotional tour keep in mind you have NO say over where you appear or who you talk to or in what forum.

His richarddawkins.net is a pro-atrocity, pro-judaism, pro-Israel forum so he has no complaint about being thrown in with his fellow fascists. Not only was I expelled for being anti-fascist but so also was Just Moshe.

But keep the first paragraph in mind. Book tours are for the promotion of sales and nothing else. I have no problem with people making a buck. More power to them. But lets not raise them above making a buck.

 

Jews and Palestinians - a race war that only involves one race.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ubuntuAnyone wrote:I suppose

ubuntuAnyone wrote:

I suppose O'Reiley thinks he's right because he shouts more than Dawkins...

This is where I see most people of all political stripes missing the point. O'Reilly is not a journalist, and neither is Olberman. They may have journalism backgrounds and or degrees, but they are BOTH paid to attract viewers in order to buy the products advertised during their time slot.

I may lean toward Olberman's views, but I do not delude myself to thinking that his job is to merely report. BOTH of them are opinion columnists, not journalists.

The term "News Channel" is a joke. Opinions in media have replaced simple reporting, and has been passed of as fact.

News media today is not about reporting. It is cheerleading, it is Jerry Springer crap. If they would simply tell the truth about what they do, I would have no problem with "Opinion". But what all these outlets do is mix 2 mins of news every 15 mins and blurr opinion to make it seem like reporting.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3136
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
I kind of got the impression

I kind of got the impression that O'Reilly doesn't really believe. He's "just throwing in with Jesus". So basically he just taking Pascal's wager. So I guess he assumes that if Jesus exists, that he will be rewarded for correctly pretending to believe. I don't why Dawkins even debates him, he's insane.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Im sad

This clip makes me sad, sad their are so many people who agree with Bill enough to keep him paid, and sad that anyone this far gone simply misses the issue entirely and cant be saved.  This does indeed make me very sad.   


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3136
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:This

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

This clip makes me sad, sad their are so many people who agree with Bill enough to keep him paid, and sad that anyone this far gone simply misses the issue entirely and cant be saved.  This does indeed make me very sad.   

What keeps him on the air is the insanity of leftists and socialists which is just as bad as any religious conservative. All he need do is point out how ridiculous is the socialist agenda and the lack of freedom we would have, then he looks like a genius in comparison. Limbaugh and O'Reilly could not exist if the left didn't throw them red meat all the time.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:NoMoreCrazyPeople

EXC wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

This clip makes me sad, sad their are so many people who agree with Bill enough to keep him paid, and sad that anyone this far gone simply misses the issue entirely and cant be saved.  This does indeed make me very sad.   

What keeps him on the air is the insanity of leftists and socialists which is just as bad as any religious conservative. All he need do is point out how ridiculous is the socialist agenda and the lack of freedom we would have, then he looks like a genius in comparison. Limbaugh and O'Reilly could not exist if the left didn't throw them red meat all the time.

Someday I'm going to have to meet these socialists you find in this country. Most of the people I run into (even Obama and the people the media touts as leftists or liberals) are only very slightly left of center.

Or do you define socialist as anyone to the left of Mussolini?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:What keeps him on

EXC wrote:

What keeps him on the air is the insanity of leftists and socialists which is just as bad as any religious conservative. All he need do is point out how ridiculous is the socialist agenda and the lack of freedom we would have, then he looks like a genius in comparison. Limbaugh and O'Reilly could not exist if the left didn't throw them red meat all the time.

Red meat ?

Like the very existence of the netherlands ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVxDNJ6RZQw

"The way they do statistics in the netherlands is different.."

Yeah, he looks like a genius alright.


Sailorlal
Sailorlal's picture
Posts: 11
Joined: 2009-07-13
User is offlineOffline
Is O'Reilley reallya coke

Is O'Reilley reallya coke head? I know he has interesting extracurricular sexual interests....


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3136
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Most of the

jcgadfly wrote:

Most of the people I run into (even Obama and the people the media touts as leftists or liberals) are only very slightly left of center.

If you look at Obama's quotes and associations before running for president, there is no doubt he's a socialist. He still wants to use the tax system to redistribute wealth. But you can't get elected unless you run close to the middle and pander to people on both sides. So there is a large percentage of people like Obama that are closet socialists.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
I've never met anyone as

I've never met anyone as rediculous as this man.  I'm from Vancouver so the religious crazies are much diluted and dont have hit tv shows.  I travelled thru Australia/Thailand and met people from all countries including many Americans.  Im yet to meet someone this cartoonishly moronic, or moronic enough to fully agree with someone like this.  So I wonder, where are all these people that view men like this as inteligent and actually take them serious.  Thier has to be millions and millions of em, it boggles my mind.  And again im filled with sadness at the thought of millions of people buying this guys book.

 

 

   


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
I think we all have to raise

I think we all have to raise our glass to Dawkins' classy performance of passive teaching.  I dont know if i could stay as calm talking to a baffoon of this caliber.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Most of the people I run into (even Obama and the people the media touts as leftists or liberals) are only very slightly left of center.

If you look at Obama's quotes and associations before running for president, there is no doubt he's a socialist. He still wants to use the tax system to redistribute wealth. But you can't get elected unless you run close to the middle and pander to people on both sides. So there is a large percentage of people like Obama that are closet socialists.

 

See, unlike you, I've looked at his actual quotes and associations and not the Limbaugh interpretations of them as you seem to be stuck in. Obama is well on his way to being another Bill Clinton - the best Republican president the country has ever had.

So, is everyone to the left of Mussolini a socialist in your eyes?

 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Ken G.
Bronze Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2008-03-20
User is offlineOffline
A F<>KING MORON

Plain and Simple,Bill'O is a asshole !!! enough said. 

Signature ? How ?


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
I don't

I don't understand why theists think they should be able to teach their theology in the science classroom. I could understand them making an argument to include their book of lies in a literature class. Science should all be fact based.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3136
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:So, is

jcgadfly wrote:

So, is everyone to the left of Mussolini a socialist in your eyes? 

It would seem to me that people that people that want little freedom and massive redistribution of wealth by an all powerful government are more like Mussolini than myself. There is right wing fascism and left wing fascism. The only difference is the group of people they represent. How is a labor union any different than a corporate monopoly? How is the right to drill for oil any different than a welfare entitlement?

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
Fascism/racism = Trump

Fascism/racism = Trump card.

Played by a person holding a losing hand.

 

The verbal equivalent of covering your ears with your hands and shouting "La, la, la, la, I can't hear you!"

 

O'reilly is a religious zealot with a loud voice.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3136
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:O'reilly is

Abu Lahab wrote:

O'reilly is a religious zealot with a loud voice.

My impression was that he doesn't really believe in God or Jesus("I'm throwing in with Jesus"). At best he's only believing because of Pascal's wager. If you ever saw his 'fucking' outburst, it's kind of hard to believe he really believes. He is like most people, he's religious when it's convenient.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13591
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:NoMoreCrazyPeople

EXC wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

This clip makes me sad, sad their are so many people who agree with Bill enough to keep him paid, and sad that anyone this far gone simply misses the issue entirely and cant be saved.  This does indeed make me very sad.   

What keeps him on the air is the insanity of leftists and socialists which is just as bad as any religious conservative. All he need do is point out how ridiculous is the socialist agenda and the lack of freedom we would have, then he looks like a genius in comparison. Limbaugh and O'Reilly could not exist if the left didn't throw them red meat all the time.

What are you talking about? There is nothing "leftist" about pointing out abuse of power. The mega business class has BOTH parties in it's pocket.

Do not make this out to be an either or. I am old enough to see how affordable life was, compared to today where you have to practically work 24/7 just to break even. I am lucky in that I have support my mother has given me. Most people are not that lucky.

I am for the free market. But that free market comes with the responsibility of self introspection and self regulation. If those who have don't want the middle or poor demanding government protecting them from pick pockets, then they shouldn't act like pic pockets.

I have no problem with what an individual wants, whatever that is. But the rich in this country treat the middle and poor class as losers who don't matter. Without the middle and poor classes these jaded pricks would have no one to buy their products.

It should not cost $50 per pill. Housing and education should not require you to become an indentured slave to dept.  There was a time when the ratio gap was manageable allowing all to have balance in their lives.

There is no reason why life should be about being a slave to dept. There is no reason why the highest paid in America need all of what they make. If they don't want government stepping in telling them what to do, then they should take responsibility and look at themselves and know the difference between what they want, vs what they actually need.

Raping the public for every dime they can get will not sustain our economy in the long run. Wall Street and banks have behaved badly and have no one to blame but themselves.

I have no sympathy for jaded people. It is one thing to want to live in a  mansion, if that is what floats your boat. But to complain that you cant afford two, when most of the world's population would be lucky to have a metal or wooden box to live in, cry me a fucking river!

I live in a trailer. I make slightly over minimum wage. Lots of people around the world would look at what I have and consider it a palace. I consider myself lucky.

Rush and O'Reilly only care about ratings, and could give a shit less about the middle class or poor. If you swabbed their mouths you'd find samples of Wall Street sperm.

They deserve every attack they get. They are dinosaurs and more and more people are seeing them for the fascists they claim not to be.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:So,

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

So, is everyone to the left of Mussolini a socialist in your eyes? 

It would seem to me that people that people that want little freedom and massive redistribution of wealth by an all powerful government are more like Mussolini than myself. There is right wing fascism and left wing fascism. The only difference is the group of people they represent. How is a labor union any different than a corporate monopoly? How is the right to drill for oil any different than a welfare entitlement?

 

Again, I'm wondering who you're talking about. What you're describing is closer to anarcho-capitalism and libertarianism than the current reality.

Left-wing fascism? Who told you that, Rush or Hannity? There is no such thing as left wing corporatism because so few left-wingers run corporations.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Abu Lahab

EXC wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

O'reilly is a religious zealot with a loud voice.

My impression was that he doesn't really believe in God or Jesus("I'm throwing in with Jesus&quotEye-wink. At best he's only believing because of Pascal's wager. If you ever saw his 'fucking' outburst, it's kind of hard to believe he really believes. He is like most people, he's religious when it's convenient.

 

Read any of his books, you'll change your mind.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3328
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:EXC

Abu Lahab wrote:

EXC wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

O'reilly is a religious zealot with a loud voice.

My impression was that he doesn't really believe in God or Jesus("I'm throwing in with Jesus&quotEye-wink. At best he's only believing because of Pascal's wager. If you ever saw his 'fucking' outburst, it's kind of hard to believe he really believes. He is like most people, he's religious when it's convenient.

 

Read any of his books, you'll change your mind.

that wouldn't convince me.  writing a book is when he has all the time he needs to weigh his words carefully and say anything he needs to to sound legit to the religious right.  in fact, judging from the amount of time he spends on television and his obvious stupidity, i wouldn't be surprised if part or all of his books are ghost-written.

i always recall an older interview he had with dawkins where he blatantly says something like, "i practise christianity because it's good for ME, it helps ME."  (i didn't add the caps for emphasis, he really did emphasize ME that much when he made the remark--check youtube.)  most religious nuts are not in it for the self-help aspect.  joel osteen or amr khalid don't inspire too many suicide bombers.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


bluescat48
bluescat48's picture
Posts: 25
Joined: 2007-12-09
User is offlineOffline
O'Reilly

 

 

Of course O'Reilly thinks he's right, what raving lunatic doesn't?


Big E
Big E's picture
Posts: 129
Joined: 2009-11-05
User is offlineOffline
www.youtube.com/watchNot

www.youtube.com/watch

Not sure if that posted correctly. Kill Bill O'reilly by East Coast Avengers.

 


Dogma Hater
Posts: 29
Joined: 2009-11-10
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:His

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
His richarddawkins.net is a pro-atrocity, pro-judaism, pro-Israel forum so he has no complaint about being thrown in with his fellow fascists. Not only was I expelled for being anti-fascist but so also was Just Moshe.

I am not questioning what you're saying, as I haven't visited the message board there (though I have visited the site).  What you say may very well be the case, but I really am shocked if Dawkins is pro-Israel, since Israel is very pro-fundy Christian.  Dawkins has done plenty of good work ridiculing theistic scum who also happen to support Israel, like Ted Haggard.  Are you sure that Dawkins and others at his board just don't have the mere appearance of being pro-Israel when they criticize radical Muslims in Europe for the negative impact that they have on the secular culture there, and when they criticize Muslims who commit violent acts?  Another reason that I am surprised by what you're saying here is because of the following excerpt from page 27 of The God Delusion:  "Unlike Jews, however, who are notoriously one of the most effective political lobbies in the United States, and unlike evangelical Christians, who wield even greater political power, atheists and agnostics are not organized and therefore exert almost zero influence. [emphasis mine]"  The word "notoriously" carries negative connotations, so it seems, from that sentence, that Dawkins isn't fond of the unconditional support that the United States gives Israel.  I am not either, and I would be disappointed if Dawkins belonged to a pro-Israel clique of Atheists, as I generally like Dawkins (I even met him in person in 1997).  If you have actual quotes that support what you're saying, I would very much like to see them.