Cop beats the shit out of student.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cop beats the shit out of student.

Mr. Brown recently showed me this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt98_kjvm6w

Say you are on the review board of internal affiars of the police force and that cop is in front of you.

What do you do?

Addresss the dress code of the school?

Address why the cop was so aggressive?

Will getting rid of the dress code, help reduce police brutality?

My answers:

No it won't reduce police brutality. While that was used as a justification, it could have easily been something else, or even a legtimate rule.

I’m not saying we should KEEP the dress code, or that the dress code was rational, that is not the issue.

I’m saying that getting to the core of the issue will help reduce police brutality, rather than getting rid of every stupid little rule/law.

So I would recommend the officer to psychological counsling/evaluation and if he is determined to be psychological unfit for service, fire him. Oh and assualt charges wouldn't hurt either.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would have them address

I would have them address justifiable force, as it was very obvious the cop use far to much force, especially for the supposed infraction.

Have the officer charged for assault

address the issue of officers dealing with minor, especially those in high school settings that do not pose a serious threat to the officer, it's not like the kid had a weapon of any kind.

Of course have the officer do a psychological exam, and make sure other officers that are working at high schools take psychological exams as well.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree with the newsman who

I agree with the newsman who says that the cop clearly joined to force just so he could kick ass. If I saw that video correctly, the cop got two punches onto the face of the brain damaged teen-ager while the kid was pinned down. I have seen a few videos like this where someone isn't even breaking the law and a cop flips out and beats them up. I saw one in Texas where the police attack a man who was exiting an elevator, beat the living shit out of him and then charge him with attacking them. He was in court for the muliple felony charges leveled against him when the video of them attacking him were found and charges were dropped. Situations like that one and this one at the high school make you wonder how many times a camera isn't there and an officer beats some one up and then gets to charge then with a made up crime.

Between these kinds of police brutality videos and the fact that my local police seem to exist only to hand out frivilous traffic tickets, my trust in law enforcement has basically dwindled away to nothing.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Something about that

Something about that video seems to be odd to me. Specifically, several times, they harp on the idea that no cop would do anything like that in a school in an well to do neighborhood. That suggests that there is probably more to the story that we are led to believe.

Now I am not going to presume that I can know the underlying story that we are not being told but that having been said, a few minutes on google provides some clues that point in a different direction.

Before I get on to what I did come up with, let me state that I watched that video a few times and I simply cannot see the “brain damaged special needs student” tucking in his shirt or even attempting to. Perhaps if I DL the video and do a frame by frame, I would see more but that can come later if need be.

One interesting bit that I did find are that the “special need school” is actually a school for young people who with behavior problems who are too violent and disrespectful of authority to be allowed in the general school population. That would possibly account for why there are cops in the school in the first place.

Another point is that the community is one that is a high crime area just a couple of miles from one of the worst ghettos in the whole United States. The whole town is not a safe place to walk around alone.

Now what I can see is that this kid did not have one shirt tail untucked. Rather, he had his shirt full out in the ghetto style that is used to aid in concealing weapons. Just possibly, the school dress code was in place to make it that much harder to pack guns in school? I don't know that but I really want to hear from the administrators on that point. If that is true, it would go to the motivation of the officer for demanding that the kid follow the rules.

Then, since the video does not seem to support the idea that he was trying to comply with the request, it is possible that what really happened was that the kid refused and said “fuck you, cop” or something similar. Again, I don't have positive data on that point but if the rule is intended to make the school safe, as seems probable, the officer could have been acting out of the idea that this kid is potentially armed and dangerous.

In addition, we have no clue about the kid's actual school record. Perhaps the school official and by extension, the officer in the video already knew him to be a “bad boy” type of actor who is a known trouble maker. Perhaps he has already had weapons confiscated from him. Really, we can't know any of that.

Given all of that speculation, I choose to hold back on all but the most basic judgment until more of the facts come in.

All that I can say for now is that it does look fishy that the cop felt so little danger that he could put whatever is in his hand on the floor before acting. Further, it is grossly unnecessary for TYT to say that he put his coffee down. I don't see enough to say what was in his hand at the time. It could have been a cup of some sort but that does not say what is in the cup even if it is one.

We all know the thing about police and coffee. We also know the thing about blacks and 40 oz. Beers. Now the thing is that if someone says “the black man put down his 40 dog before acting” that would be quickly denounced as racist. Yet it is OK to say that “the officer put down his coffee”?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

All that I can say for now is that it does look fishy that the cop felt so little danger that he could put whatever is in his hand on the floor before acting. Further, it is grossly unnecessary for TYT to say that he put his coffee down. I don't see enough to say what was in his hand at the time. It could have been a cup of some sort but that does not say what is in the cup even if it is one.

We all know the thing about police and coffee. We also know the thing about blacks and 40 oz. Beers. Now the thing is that if someone says “the black man put down his 40 dog before acting” that would be quickly denounced as racist. Yet it is OK to say that “the officer put down his coffee”?

I am just going to state that cops are considered a race per se, second being in a high school setting, it looked like he was holding a cup of coffee, which many teachers probably due to, it may also be that in the report it was stated the he put down his coffee, but no, saying a cop drinking coffee isn't the least offensive because, well,  it's not a streach to say that officer was having a coffee in the morning, and further more, it's not cops n coffee, it's cops and donuts Sticking out tongue

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
What do you do?Fire the cop,

What do you do?

Fire the cop, if it is found that the attack was unprovoked open a case of assualt. If for instance the kid made some smartass remark (not saying he did) then no case of assult. but no jail time though in  either senario. The kid is fine, he just got a little beat down. Fired and maybe house arrest or a fine or something silly like that, annoying but not to serious, just like his crime.

Kids at school should were uniforms. Leting kids were whatever they want at schoold leads to problems.

Having a bad day? Just a dick. Kids make smartassed comments at him and he just snaped? could be anything.

Kids should always where uniforms at school. dress codes and police brutality are unrelated, seems a silly question

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Appears that the lil hood

Appears that the lil hood didnt take any physical action against the porker...

Something verbal? most likely... the Cop (hell he's not even a cop, just a security guard at a junker school) should indeed be charged with assault and fired.

Fuck the kids "learning disability"

Fuck the dress code

Fuck the Hold

Just garbage to muddy the story, Cop assaulted a Minor without just provocation, end of story

What Would Kharn Do?

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Say you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Say you are on the review board of internal affiars of the police force and that cop is in front of you.

What do you do?

The only thing to discuss within the internal affairs investigation would be the police officer's behavior.  The dress code isn't the reason for the man's inability to remain civil. Someone that reacts to a young person's defiance to a rule like that, may have a problem and should not be dealing with children (or people) until he or she goes through some sort of anger management class. I really want to know what happened in that man's life that day that made him react the way he did. Perhaps a bad day? Or maybe the kid lipped-off to him?  

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

It's a police officer. About every school has them. Some schools have metal detectors. It is increasingly common, and has nothing to do with the schools themselves..but rather "for the children's safety".

Unfortunately this is one of the easy assignments they give cops that misbehave in a lot of places. Like a "desk job" it puts them out of the way while letting them keep a job. 

Also, I can't help but notice several other students in the video with shirts untucked. Like the stripe shirt kid. Who the cop walks past, to brutalize this kid.

It doesn't matter what the kid said to him, if anything at all. An adult, let alone one in charge of keeping the peace, has no right to battery of a minor. Especially not one they are supposed to be looking after.

I'm willing to bet he was upset over being placed on school-duty, and wanted to take out his frustration on something. 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.