Flagrant deception?

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Flagrant deception?

Acts 1:10. Two MEN, or two angels?…
ALL conservative Bible commentators ALTER the reading from MEN to ANGELS.
If the student concurred that the Book of Acts is to be inspired Scripture, why then is it MEN instead of ANGELS?
What are the implications of this type of “inspiration”?
“And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel.”

HUH? (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
huh??

Huh?? That is your big contridiction?? Wow!!! You really are illit. when it comes to the Bible thats obvious

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
How do you then correct the

How do you then correct the text? Is it two MEN or two angels? If it's two men, how could they see they were men?!... Beard?... Deep voice?!...

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:How do you then

julio wrote:
How do you then correct the text? Is it two MEN or two angels? If it's two men, how could they see they were men?!... Beard?... Deep voice?!...

Dangling bits would be my guess.  Angels don't have any of the things.  The only problem being that they were wearing white clothing, which in a biblical context is code for dudes who prefer dudes.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

julio wrote:

Dangling bits would be my guess.  Angels don't have any of the things. 

well, to be fair, the bible is silent on that matter.  that info comes from a couple wacky church fathers, i believe.  i also think kevin smith referenced it in dogma.

oh, and just to be clear, dogma was an unfunny, unoriginal, pretentious load of shit.

sorry.  i never can mention that film without adding that.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Answers in Gene

iwbiek wrote:

julio wrote:

well, to be fair, the bible is silent on that matter.  that info comes from a couple wacky church fathers, i believe.  i also think kevin smith referenced it in dogma.

oh, and just to be clear, dogma was an unfunny, unoriginal, pretentious load of shit.

Awww. 'Dogma' was hilarious.

And it was Metatron that dropped his drawers in front of Linda Fiorentino to reveal his Ken-doll privates... just after she jumped off the bed to grab her bat. If you slow-mo when she gets out of bed you get to see a white cotton panties shot.

Just sayin'

On topic: The KJV says 'men'. However, there is something deeper here if you look for it.

This is the book of filling in the gaps before modern gap-fillers took over. The original questions of "Where did he go?" and "What happened to Judas and the other disciples?" were questions that skeptics already had. I compare it to Episode III of Star Wars with Paul going over to the dark side. lol.

Every chapter in Acts should have "Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket." right at the end.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Answers in Gene

iwbiek wrote:

julio wrote:

It made me laugh. A lot.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:iwbiek

Vastet wrote:
iwbiek wrote:

julio wrote:

It made me laugh. A lot.

what?  dogma or my comment?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson