:3

OMG THAT IS HOT.

I want I want I want....

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm addicted to the TED

I'm addicted to the TED talks, so I already saw that one. Also, not to be a total downer, but that falls into the " ... when it works" category. As in, it's great ... when it works.

I thought Paul Roemer's talk on turning Guantanamo Bay into a "charter city" was more mind-blowing (in terms of inflammatory or radical thought). Or Willie Smits restoring an entire area of rainforest. Gadgetry can't compete with that kind of thing for me. In the former, you have an economist with a point (you're blowing my mind) and in the latter, the guy restored a freaking rainforest.

"But look! I can project something on your t-shirt!"

Yeah.

PS - don't take the above as an endorsement of Romer's ideas. Economists still live in a fantasy world where corporations are magically friendly and value equals happiness.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those would be so annoying

Those would be so annoying if they were to ever come out. God who cares about that additional info when buying toilet paper, and the day I trust amazon is the day i die. Its just something else that people will expect you to buy and that "you can no longer live without them"

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Those would be

Tapey wrote:

Those would be so annoying if they were to ever come out. God who cares about that additional info when buying toilet paper, and the day I trust amazon is the day i die. Its just something else that people will expect you to buy and that "you can no longer live without them"

You mean like a Blackberry? Christ. People expect me to have one of those and I don't even have a cellphone.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
It comes down to

It comes down to applications really, I mean something like this could have benefitial applications in security, in construction, even in presentations as well.
As for backberries, for me they are fantastic, but that's because it helps me in my job and travels (for work of course). Then there r people that get it just to have the latest toy

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

I don't know anyone in person that doesn't have a cellphone.

I also hardly know anyone that has a house-phone. What do they call it? A "landline"?

Anyway, more mobility is always a good thing.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:I don't know

ClockCat wrote:

I also hardly know anyone that has a house-phone. What do they call it? A "landline"?

Not when it makes you look like such a douche. Ever seen someone talking with a wireless headset? This device will be heavy in the douche factor. look at how you take a picture, i mean come on!

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:ClockCat wrote:I

Tapey wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Not when it makes you look like such a douche. Ever seen someone talking with a wireless headset? This device will be heavy in the douche factor. look at how you take a picture, i mean come on!

Again I have to say that it depends on who is using it, is it the person that just wants the latest gadget or the person who uses it for work (and in the case of those residing in areas that require that you use hands free equipment while driving), personally I love my Jawbone II, why? Because when I am on a ladder or pulling wires, or wiring up devices I can continue to work while talking to my business partner, a client or tech support. Plus the thing works amazing in areas our loud noise (ok not a jackhammer type noise but reguard office or street noise). However I agree with the douche factor if you don't need it, or just walking down the street.