The Thunderf00t - Ray Comfort discussion

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Thunderf00t - Ray Comfort discussion

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, Ray's proof of god is

So, Ray's proof of god is that we are ignorant of the beginning and end of the universe? And that we can't create things in the way that god supposedly created life (which sounds like "god must exist, because we're not as powerful as god&quotEye-wink?

I wonder if he believes in creation simply because he's one of those people who has to be right about everything, and has to know everything, as well.

There's a phrase for that in psychology. "Pompous asshat."

(Yes, I watched the video.)

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
yet he fails horribly

yet he fails horribly demonstrating that his perspective is true and the only possibility is that his version of god created the universe. Especially with the abrahamic god, there are so much evidence to the contrary of how creation folded out and how it actually was (as per the evidence that we have). Problem with Ray is that he needs to be right, he cannot or at least he acts like he cannot be wrong, that his perspective is the only correct perspective.

[edit]

yet here is the issue with ray's logic, god needs a creator to, in the end he gets the infinite regression as every creator needs a creator. If you are going to say that god doesn't need a creator that god is the exception to the rule, then the universe does not require an intelligent creator, because the evidence so far points to a natural phenomena, not a intelligent one, as life itself as far as we know is contained to one planet in the entire universe to date. The rest of the universe is pretty damn hostile to life.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loved him hated banana boy

I have seen this video before it is on Thunderf00t's video site.  Frankly I was board by it,  Ray Comfort hasn't had a new idea in 20+ years. Meanwhile IMHO thunderf00t is far too laid back for heated ( ergo entertaining) debates.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I have seen this video before it is on Thunderf00t's video site.  Frankly I was board by it,  Ray Comfort hasn't had a new idea in 20+ years. Meanwhile IMHO thunderf00t is far too laid back for heated ( ergo entertaining) debates.

Perhaps if these debates were hosted by Jerry Springer ?  ( Partial nudity and violence might liven things up. )

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:   

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Perhaps if these debates were hosted by Jerry Springer ?  ( Partial nudity and violence might liven things up. )

PZD,

I think you have a pitch for a reality TV show. I'd even fuckin' watch it.

Beautiful.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I love you guys.  Funny how

I love you guys.  Funny how when Kelly and I took him on the complaint was we were too hostile, here Thunderfoot is too laid back.  

For the record I love Thunderfoot, we worked well together on the Kent Hovind controversy.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I edited the first post

I edited the first post and posted the entire playlist.  

I also posted the video series to WOTM Watchdog: Thunderf00t with Ray Comfort