The Conservatives are cringing at Obama September school speech

BB4_intellect
atheist
BB4_intellect's picture
Posts: 33
Joined: 2008-05-18
User is offlineOffline
The Conservatives are cringing at Obama September school speech

Have you heard about the speech on education Obama will be making in classrooms via the internet on Sept 8th? I love that the conservatives have their panties all in a wad over it.

Do you have kids in grade school, and what's your take on the speech?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:o

I think just about every president does this?

 

I remember Clinton vaguely, and Bush Jr. talking to us in school over the channel the TVs are set to in homeroom.

 

 

I don't remember what they said exactly, it was just a generic "do your best" "you represent the future" kind of thing. I'm not sure why it is being made a big deal of now...

 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:I think just

ClockCat wrote:

I think just about every president does this?

 

I remember Clinton vaguely, and Bush Jr. talking to us in school over the channel the TVs are set to in homeroom.

 

 

I don't remember what they said exactly, it was just a generic "do your best" "you represent the future" kind of thing. I'm not sure why it is being made a big deal of now...

 

You mean besides the usual "An intelligent black man wants to talk to our CHILDREN!" crap?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:You mean

jcgadfly wrote:

You mean besides the usual "An intelligent black man wants to talk to our CHILDREN!" crap?

No. Just no. Every time that someone doesn't like something about Obama, they are immediately accused of racism. Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists. There are reasons not to like him besides his being part black. The man is infuriatingly similar to Bush in all the wrong ways, and you think the fact that he is only half white is the problem with him in the eyes of his detractors?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:jcgadfly

Jormungander wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

You mean besides the usual "An intelligent black man wants to talk to our CHILDREN!" crap?

No. Just no. Every time that someone doesn't like something about Obama, they are immediately accused of racism. Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists. There are reasons not to like him besides his being part black. The man is infuriatingly similar to Bush in all the wrong ways, and you think the fact that he is only half white is the problem with him in the eyes of his detractors?

The racism is typical among the conservative ranks (especially the asses in the media).

The conservatives certainly don't hate him for maintaining Bush policies. Bush was their good Christian boy.

We don't like that Obama maintains Bush policies and doesn't go far enough with ideas that we approve of. Then again, I'm a thinking liberal. What's your reason?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
BB4_intellect wrote:Have you

BB4_intellect wrote:

Have you heard about the speech on education Obama will be making in classrooms via the internet on Sept 8th? I love that the conservatives have their panties all in a wad over it.

Do you have kids in grade school, and what's your take on the speech?

You mean the people that have been running your and your ancestor's lifes since they slaughtered 98% of native population and have been subjugating, enslaving and killing people all over the globe for a couple of hundred years with impunity? They would cringe over a speech you think?

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Most people who don't

Quote:
Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists.

Come visit Georgia, then see what you think about this.  Seriously.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:Quote:Most

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists.

Come visit Georgia, then see what you think about this.  Seriously.

 

QFT. Anywhere the conservatives are abundant in my experience, the Klan sadly isn't far behind.

 

With many conservatives in this area, there are both Klan meetings and a large number of churches. There are more churches here than valid businesses. On my walk to class, in 5 minutes I pass 9 churches. If I drive in any direction, I will pass more churches than gas stations, grocery stores, or any other kind of corner shop combined.

 

Not to mention the megachurch nearby, that was originally a Lowe's. They expanded it, now it is nearly three times the original size.

 

These people honestly think things like Obama is a muslim illegal immigrant from Kenya that is the plot of their satan to destroy the nation through socialism.

 

Yes, he faked his birth cirtificate to continue his insidious plan of winning the election to become president and trying to ensure that all americans have health care. WHICH IS TERRIBLE.


They are also convinced while he is plotting, he is the puppet of some world government and can't think for himself because he is black. I have heard them PREACH this to me. It's not like I can avoid it.


Of course, when the population is 95% white here (providing no diversity, and allowing the prejudice to remain) and the people only watch things like Pat Robertson, 700 club, Jack Van Impe, etc between their church services....then going home to watch FOX NEWS, Nascar, and drink themselves retarded....well, you can't expect a lot out of them.

 

 

 

 

I've been on the wrong end of their hate. There used to be a gay club that tried to start up, and it was burned to the ground within a year of opening. They were cheering about it in public, saying things like "Satan took his own back" and "God bless!". Kind of hard to forget things like that. Not to mention all the things I had to go through in high school.

 

I had to suffer being beaten on the bus almost every other day and called a faggot by several girls all older than me. They tormented me at school as well, between classes. No one helped me in that situation, and the administration turned a blind eye to it. I know one guy that ended up in the hospitals after students began throwing rocks at him, in front of teachers who did nothing. They didn't punish the students or even tell them it was wrong. They just looked to transfer him, since he was "the only one with problems". The concept in their heads is it is "okay" to do this kind of abuse because gays shouldn't be allowed to exist anyways. They aren't people, they are "sodomites". This is what happens in heavily conservative areas. This is why I will never live in one again. I'm not going to go through hell all over again. Once is enough.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
So you want an opinion on a

So you want an opinion on a speech that wasn't even delivered yet?

 

 

As for the critics of Obama=racists bit, sure some are most certaintly racists, and one thing I notice is that this board likes the bad company fallacy.

 

 

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:So you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

So you want an opinion on a speech that wasn't even delivered yet?

 

 

As for the critics of Obama=racists bit, sure some are most certaintly racists, and one thing I notice is that this board likes the bad company fallacy.

 

 

 

 

 

Ok - I'll amend my statement.

Some conservatives are racist (especially the media whores on Fox, et al). The rest are just too gullible to be allowed to breed.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:I

Not all conservatives are racist, but when the "conservative values" of most conservatives fall before the civil rights movement...and they wish to have an America from the 50s...

 

It is kind of inevitable.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:  I've been

ClockCat wrote:

  I've been on the wrong end of their hate. There used to be a gay club that tried to start up, and it was burned to the ground within a year of opening. They were cheering about it in public, saying things like "Satan took his own back" and "God bless!". Kind of hard to forget things like that. Not to mention all the things I had to go through in high school.

 

  I had to suffer being beaten on the bus almost every other day and called a faggot by several girls all older than me. They tormented me at school as well, between classes. No one helped me in that situation, and the administration turned a blind eye to it. I know one guy that ended up in the hospitals after students began throwing rocks at him, in front of teachers who did nothing. They didn't punish the students or even tell them it was wrong. They just looked to transfer him, since he was "the only one with problems". The concept in their heads is it is "okay" to do this kind of abuse because gays shouldn't be allowed to exist anyways. They aren't people, they are "sodomites". This is what happens in heavily conservative areas. This is why I will never live in one again. I'm not going to go through hell all over again. Once is enough.

 

  Gee whiz, it sounds like you were living in Iran.  Freaking unbelievable.

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
Oh, FFS!

Leveling the accusation of 'racism' against any criticism of BHO has the same level of legitimacy as the moslems constant cry of 'racism'. None.

I base my attitude towards him on his actions and the friends he keeps. Particularly the friends:

Rev. Wright (racist religious zealot), Bill Ayers and wife Bernadine Dohrn (unrepentant terrorists) Rashid Khalidi (terrorist enabler).

 

I couldn't care less about the color of his skin.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Leveling the

Abu Lahab wrote:

Leveling the accusation of 'racism' against any criticism of BHO has the same level of legitimacy as the moslems constant cry of 'racism'. None.

I base my attitude towards him on his actions and the friends he keeps. Particularly the friends:

Rev. Wright (racist religious zealot), Bill Ayers and wife Bernadine Dohrn (unrepentant terrorists) Rashid Khalidi (terrorist enabler).

 

I couldn't care less about the color of his skin.

    Exactly.   Skin is just decoration. To hell with identity politics.  All I'm concerned with is that our president makes the kind of decisions that benefit Americans the most.

    So far it appears that Obama has a habit of associating with some rather strident non-white racialists.  Even our black Attorney General has made some  contemptuous remarks regarding white Americans concerning race relations.  Sotomayor believes in injecting her racial identity into the political decisions that she makes.  Reverend Wright is just a f**king racist and it only took Obama twenty odd years to figure that out and publicly repudiate Wright.

   In spite of my own self-professed identity as an atheist I would not object to any President, even if  he / she were an evangelical Christian, as long as they were willing to set that affiliation aside long enough to enact non-biased, inclusive and effective policies.

    Wow, Obama is the first ( half ) black President of the United States.  Who cares ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


BB4_intellect
atheist
BB4_intellect's picture
Posts: 33
Joined: 2008-05-18
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Hambydammit

ClockCat wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists.

Come visit Georgia, then see what you think about this.  Seriously.

 

QFT. Anywhere the conservatives are abundant in my experience, the Klan sadly isn't far behind.

 

With many conservatives in this area, there are both Klan meetings and a large number of churches. There are more churches here than valid businesses. On my walk to class, in 5 minutes I pass 9 churches. If I drive in any direction, I will pass more churches than gas stations, grocery stores, or any other kind of corner shop combined.

 

Not to mention the megachurch nearby, that was originally a Lowe's. They expanded it, now it is nearly three times the original size.

 

These people honestly think things like Obama is a muslim illegal immigrant from Kenya that is the plot of their satan to destroy the nation through socialism.

 

Yes, he faked his birth cirtificate to continue his insidious plan of winning the election to become president and trying to ensure that all americans have health care. WHICH IS TERRIBLE.


They are also convinced while he is plotting, he is the puppet of some world government and can't think for himself because he is black. I have heard them PREACH this to me. It's not like I can avoid it.


Of course, when the population is 95% white here (providing no diversity, and allowing the prejudice to remain) and the people only watch things like Pat Robertson, 700 club, Jack Van Impe, etc between their church services....then going home to watch FOX NEWS, Nascar, and drink themselves retarded....well, you can't expect a lot out of them.

 

 

 

 

I've been on the wrong end of their hate. There used to be a gay club that tried to start up, and it was burned to the ground within a year of opening. They were cheering about it in public, saying things like "Satan took his own back" and "God bless!". Kind of hard to forget things like that. Not to mention all the things I had to go through in high school.

 

I had to suffer being beaten on the bus almost every other day and called a faggot by several girls all older than me. They tormented me at school as well, between classes. No one helped me in that situation, and the administration turned a blind eye to it. I know one guy that ended up in the hospitals after students began throwing rocks at him, in front of teachers who did nothing. They didn't punish the students or even tell them it was wrong. They just looked to transfer him, since he was "the only one with problems". The concept in their heads is it is "okay" to do this kind of abuse because gays shouldn't be allowed to exist anyways. They aren't people, they are "sodomites". This is what happens in heavily conservative areas. This is why I will never live in one again. I'm not going to go through hell all over again. Once is enough.

I live in Texas. And I'm gay. I know how you feel.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
BB4 perhaps you could move

BB4 perhaps you could move to Austin or Dallas.  Both of these cities have  large populations of liberal progressives who couldn't care less if you were gay. For example Dallas has a private high school called Walt Whitman Community School  that was established to provide a more relaxed social environment for gay / transgender students.   Here's a link.  http://www.whosoever.org/v2i5/gip.html

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:The racism is

jcgadfly wrote:

The racism is typical among the conservative ranks (especially the asses in the media).

Can you site any examples? Because the fact that Obama is black is first brought up by leftists(this post for example). Anyone opposed to Obama's policies is automatically accused of racism. This is because you can not defend is policies with rational arguments, so you have to play the race card and use white guilt to put in place an irrational economic system.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:The

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

The racism is typical among the conservative ranks (especially the asses in the media).

Can you site any examples? Because the fact that Obama is black is first brought up by leftists(this post for example). Anyone opposed to Obama's policies is automatically accused of racism. This is because you can not defend is policies with rational arguments, so you have to play the race card and use white guilt to put in place an irrational economic system.

 

I did amend this claim to read "some conservatives". Apologies fpr the broad brush - here are your examples.

Glenn Beck has been open about Obama "not liking white people"

Limbaugh to black caller - "Take that bone out of your nose and call me again,"

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1147 - plethora of O'Reilly racist slurs

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/01/23/sean_hannitys_racial_divide_its_only_racist_if_a_democrat_says_it.php

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Leveling the

Abu Lahab wrote:

Leveling the accusation of 'racism' against any criticism of BHO has the same level of legitimacy as the moslems constant cry of 'racism'. None.

I base my attitude towards him on his actions and the friends he keeps. Particularly the friends:

Rev. Wright (racist religious zealot), Bill Ayers and wife Bernadine Dohrn (unrepentant terrorists) Rashid Khalidi (terrorist enabler).

 

I couldn't care less about the color of his skin.

Ayers and Dohm? You mean the terrorists in the group that made bombs that only damaged themselves?

Why is it that Obama catches hell for being seen with former terrorists and GWBush, et al  get a pass for making profitable deals with current terrorists?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Limbaugh to

jcgadfly wrote:

 

Limbaugh to black caller - "Take that bone out of your nose and call me again,"

And Limbaugh has never insulted a white caller with whom he did not agree? If he treated blacks differently than he does whites, then maybe you could call him racist. He has a black conservative fill in for him many days. He has praised the work of many black conservatives.

The real racists are the whites and blacks that accuse any black person that takes a conservative political view of being an uncle Tom or not really representing blacks.

http://www.popmatters.com/books/reviews/j/judging-thomas.shtml

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ayers and

jcgadfly wrote:

Ayers and Dohm? You mean the terrorists in the group that made bombs that only damaged themselves?

 

Richard Reid didn't cause any damage (to cite but one) should we discount his attempt?

 

To me it still speaks volumes that a person would be associated with them.

 

Google some of their quotes.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:jcgadfly

Abu Lahab wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Ayers and Dohm? You mean the terrorists in the group that made bombs that only damaged themselves?

 

Richard Reid didn't cause any damage (to cite but one) should we discount his attempt?

 

To me it still speaks volumes that a person would be associated with them.

 

Google some of their quotes.

I notice that you disregarded Bush's partnership with current terrorists during his time in office - it was nothing major, really. Just screwed the country.

Why are we talking about a President having a working relationship with someone who was an active "terrorist" when said President was eight years old?

Of course, the term "terrorist" often depends on who said person was working for.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Hambydammit

ClockCat wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:
Most people who don't like Obama aren't racists.

Come visit Georgia, then see what you think about this.  Seriously.

 

QFT. Anywhere the conservatives are abundant in my experience, the Klan sadly isn't far behind.

 

With many conservatives in this area, there are both Klan meetings and a large number of churches. There are more churches here than valid businesses. On my walk to class, in 5 minutes I pass 9 churches. If I drive in any direction, I will pass more churches than gas stations, grocery stores, or any other kind of corner shop combined.

 

Not to mention the megachurch nearby, that was originally a Lowe's. They expanded it, now it is nearly three times the original size.

 

These people honestly think things like Obama is a muslim illegal immigrant from Kenya that is the plot of their satan to destroy the nation through socialism.

 

Yes, he faked his birth cirtificate to continue his insidious plan of winning the election to become president and trying to ensure that all americans have health care. WHICH IS TERRIBLE.


They are also convinced while he is plotting, he is the puppet of some world government and can't think for himself because he is black. I have heard them PREACH this to me. It's not like I can avoid it.


Of course, when the population is 95% white here (providing no diversity, and allowing the prejudice to remain) and the people only watch things like Pat Robertson, 700 club, Jack Van Impe, etc between their church services....then going home to watch FOX NEWS, Nascar, and drink themselves retarded....well, you can't expect a lot out of them.

 

 

 

 

I've been on the wrong end of their hate. There used to be a gay club that tried to start up, and it was burned to the ground within a year of opening. They were cheering about it in public, saying things like "Satan took his own back" and "God bless!". Kind of hard to forget things like that. Not to mention all the things I had to go through in high school.

 

I had to suffer being beaten on the bus almost every other day and called a faggot by several girls all older than me. They tormented me at school as well, between classes. No one helped me in that situation, and the administration turned a blind eye to it. I know one guy that ended up in the hospitals after students began throwing rocks at him, in front of teachers who did nothing. They didn't punish the students or even tell them it was wrong. They just looked to transfer him, since he was "the only one with problems". The concept in their heads is it is "okay" to do this kind of abuse because gays shouldn't be allowed to exist anyways. They aren't people, they are "sodomites". This is what happens in heavily conservative areas. This is why I will never live in one again. I'm not going to go through hell all over again. Once is enough.

I've always wandered what a life of a Dexter-type would be like, but never wanted to do it to ordinary people. Your country is like made for a Dexter-vacation. You have to give me more info Smiling

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:The

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

The racism is typical among the conservative ranks (especially the asses in the media).

Can you site any examples? Because the fact that Obama is black is first brought up by leftists(this post for example). Anyone opposed to Obama's policies is automatically accused of racism. This is because you can not defend is policies with rational arguments, so you have to play the race card and use white guilt to put in place an irrational economic system.

 

I swear to satan, you're like the anti-me. Are you telling me that the mainstream media is not propagating hate based on race, sexual orientation and poliltical views? What do they have to do for you to consider them racist? Come out and say "F*** ALL BLACKS, MEXICANS AND YELLOW PEOPLE"? It's basically what they are saying without directly saying it.

I have a huge problem with Obama, but no one has called me a racist. I have a huge problem with Ted Haggard, but no one calls me a gay-hater. I look at your country just briefly and it is obvious that your media, political cadre, educational institutions, legal system, pretty much everything is heavily biased against minorities and that almost all criticism is right on target.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 

 

Limbaugh to black caller - "Take that bone out of your nose and call me again,"

 

And Limbaugh has never insulted a white caller with whom he did not agree? If he treated blacks differently than he does whites, then maybe you could call him racist. He has a black conservative fill in for him many days. He has praised the work of many black conservatives.

The real racists are the whites and blacks that accuse any black person that takes a conservative political view of being an uncle Tom or not really representing blacks.

http://www.popmatters.com/books/reviews/j/judging-thomas.shtml

 

So when Clarence Thomas voted against affirmative action (after benefiting from it) he was really representing blacks? The review you cites lists him as a sheltered individual,out of touch with what was around him. No wonder GHW Bush liked him. One protected child liking another one.

As for Limbaugh insulting white callers, yes he insults them but he doesn't use such slurs against them. Maybe it was the drugs?

I do have a question about the "black conservative". I've always wondered how much of their conservatism is genuine and how much is "go along to get along".

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:I look at your

ZuS wrote:

I look at your country just briefly and it is obvious that your media, political cadre, educational institutions, legal system, pretty much everything is heavily biased against minorities and that almost all criticism is right on target.

  Interesting observation.  Yet for decades ( and long before the current economic recession )  millions of immigrants from Mexico, Central America, South America, Cuba, South East Asia, Africa, etc  voluntarily risked their lives to come and make the United States their home.  It seems that they can't wait to leave behind the experiences  of their own native culture   ....why would they endure such risks ?   ...... just so that they can come here and wallow in the rampant racism and injustice ?

 

 

  The United States is not a totalitarian police state. Everyone is free to leave this nation at their whim.  If someone feels that their future fortunes are more favorable somewhere else, then please, pack your shit and get out.

 

 

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:ZuS

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ZuS wrote:

I look at your country just briefly and it is obvious that your media, political cadre, educational institutions, legal system, pretty much everything is heavily biased against minorities and that almost all criticism is right on target.

  Interesting observation.  Yet for decades ( and long before the current economic recession )  millions of immigrants from Mexico, Central America, South America, Cuba, South East Asia, Africa, etc  voluntarily risked their lives to come and make the United States their home.  It seems that they can't wait to leave behind the experiences  of their own native culture   ....why would they endure such risks ?   ...... just so that they can come here and wallow in the rampant racism and injustice ?

 

 

  The United States is not a totalitarian police state. Everyone is free to leave this nation at their whim.  If someone feels that their future fortunes are more favorable somewhere else, then please, pack your shit and get out.

 

 

Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:ZuS

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ZuS wrote:

I look at your country just briefly and it is obvious that your media, political cadre, educational institutions, legal system, pretty much everything is heavily biased against minorities and that almost all criticism is right on target.

  Interesting observation.  Yet for decades ( and long before the current economic recession )  millions of immigrants from Mexico, Central America, South America, Cuba, South East Asia, Africa, etc  voluntarily risked their lives to come and make the United States their home.  It seems that they can't wait to leave behind the experiences  of their own native culture   ....why would they endure such risks ?   ...... just so that they can come here and wallow in the rampant racism and injustice ?

 

 

  The United States is not a totalitarian police state. Everyone is free to leave this nation at their whim.  If someone feels that their future fortunes are more favorable somewhere else, then please, pack your shit and get out.

 

 

Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Then who'd

jcgadfly wrote:


 Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

    You know, I just had a gut feeling when I typed that last sentence that it would inspire someone to quote that bumper sticker slogan. 

    Still, I could liken the situation I referenced to an atheist who keeps attending church services and then complains to the pastor about being prosyletized.   Or, someone who buys a home next door to a major airport and then complains about the noise.  Basically if you find your circumstances intolerable then either adapt to it or leave.  Does that sound unreasonable ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 

 Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

    You know, I just had a gut feeling when I typed that last sentence that it would inspire someone to quote that bumper sticker slogan. 

    Still, I could liken the situation I referenced to an atheist who keeps attending church services and then complains to the pastor about being prosyletized.   Or, someone who buys a home next door to a major airport and then complains about the noise.  Basically if you find your circumstances intolerable then either adapt to it or leave.  Does that sound unreasonable ?

So why are you asking the people who want to fix the situation to leave? Racism is not really a situation to adapt to.

Why abandon a fixable problem?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

  So why are you asking the people who want to fix the situation to leave? Racism is not really a situation to adapt to.

Why abandon a fixable problem?

 

   Well I guess my perception of human nature is "skewed".  BTW, if problems are fixable then why would it be neccessary to leave your native country ?   Wouldn't it make sense to remain in your country of origin and try and "fix" the problem there first ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

 

 Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

    You know, I just had a gut feeling when I typed that last sentence that it would inspire someone to quote that bumper sticker slogan. 

    Still, I could liken the situation I referenced to an atheist who keeps attending church services and then complains to the pastor about being prosyletized.   Or, someone who buys a home next door to a major airport and then complains about the noise.  Basically if you find your circumstances intolerable then either adapt to it or leave.  Does that sound unreasonable ?

So why are you asking the people who want to fix the situation to leave? Racism is not really a situation to adapt to.

Why abandon a fixable problem?

 

   Well I guess my perception of human nature is "skewed".  BTW, if problems are fixable then why would it be neccesarry to leave your native country ?   Wouldn't it make sense to remain in your country of origin and try and "fix" the problem there first ?

Indeed, we have better tools to use now than earlier in world history.

Sometimes, it is easier to just say "fuck it" and leave as you seem to be advocating where racism is concerned.

Not for sure why you're for that, though.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
   Sorry, but I have very

   Sorry, but I have very little faith in human nature regarding the eradication of racist attitudes among various groups.  I believe tribalism ( or the High School Lunch Room Principle ) is almost an emotional reflex among humans.   You won't fix it.

   Laws against oppression ?   Hey, I'm fine with that.  

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:I swear to satan,

ZuS wrote:

I swear to satan, you're like the anti-me. Are you telling me that the mainstream media is not propagating hate based on race, sexual orientation and poliltical views?

 

The mainstream media plays to non-thinking boobs. So it's in their interest to play propaganda to either for leftists that demand entitlements or rightists that demand entitlements. So problems never get solved just people get more indoctrinated in whatever political philosopy they have. That's why people on the left are exactly what they claim people are right are and visa versa.

ZuS wrote:

What do they have to do for you to consider them racist?

  

 

Do what you do and just go along with left wing propaganda without thinking about what's really go on, stereotype anyone that disagrees with you as racist.

ZuS wrote:

Come out and say "F*** ALL BLACKS, MEXICANS AND YELLOW PEOPLE"? It's basically what they are saying without directly saying it.

  

And what are you saying without saying it? That blacks and latinos can't make it in this world without help from white liberals? They can't compete in corporate America and start their own businesses. Therefore, they need to be dependent on government handouts and AA. Sounds like you assume they are inferior and therefore need to be handicapped their whole lives.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:So when

jcgadfly wrote:

So when Clarence Thomas voted against affirmative action (after benefiting from it) he was really representing blacks?

I thought judges where supposed to represent the constitution. You know 'equal protection'.

 

jcgadfly wrote:

The review you cites lists him as a sheltered individual,out of touch with what was around him. No wonder GHW Bush liked him. One protected child liking another one.

Well the Bushes were race baiters as well and they did pick him for his color. The bushes are phonies as well.

jcgadfly wrote:

I do have a question about the "black conservative". I've always wondered how much of their conservatism is genuine and how much is "go along to get along". 

So you think it's a good strategy for blacks to go through life angry and assuming that most whites except a few enlightened liberals are racist? They should never try to suceed in corporate America or start their own busneess because whitey just wants to keep them down. So, their only hope for a decent life is government handouts like 'free' healthcare.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

 If racism isn't an issue then why do almost all the conservatives want to go back to a time before the civil rights movement?

 

If you cling to 50's values, then racism kind of goes hand in hand, along with sexism and homophobia.

 

Not to mention buying into propaganda from that time period about ideologies. "Socialism BAD! Communism BAD! You aren't a TRAITOR are you? You must be UNAMERICAN!"

 

It must be easy to ignore the fact that there has never been a communist country on earth, and EVERY SINGLE DEVELOPED NATION in the world has socialist programs.

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

 

 

 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:So

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

So when Clarence Thomas voted against affirmative action (after benefiting from it) he was really representing blacks?

I thought judges where supposed to represent the constitution. You know 'equal protection'.

 

jcgadfly wrote:

The review you cites lists him as a sheltered individual,out of touch with what was around him. No wonder GHW Bush liked him. One protected child liking another one.

Well the Bushes were race baiters as well and they did pick him for his color. The bushes are phonies as well.

jcgadfly wrote:

I do have a question about the "black conservative". I've always wondered how much of their conservatism is genuine and how much is "go along to get along". 

So you think it's a good strategy for blacks to go through life angry and assuming that most whites except a few enlightened liberals are racist? They should never try to suceed in corporate America or start their own busneess because whitey just wants to keep them down. So, their only hope for a decent life is government handouts like 'free' healthcare.

1. Yep, equal protection under the law. Why did Clarence want to remove it? Or do you really not think programs are available for whites who need them?

2. On that we agree.

3. No, I think education is needed all around. I also don't know that blacks go through life angry - I think that's a white stereotype created to keep the sheep scared so that corporate America won't hire a black person or so it would be more difficult for minorities in general to start small businesses.

4. Many more whites will benefit from single payer health care. Since you aren't a fan of "socialism", I look forward to your giving up Social Security and Medicare.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Not to

ClockCat wrote:

 Not to mention buying into propaganda from that time period about ideologies. ...( snip ) You aren't a TRAITOR are you? You must be UNAMERICAN!"

 

  Yeah, it sucks when those evil, stuck-in-the-fifties, conservatives take a cheap shot like that.  I mean Jesus !     Oh BTW could you perhaps remind our very progressive liberal Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi , and the liberal House Majority Leader, Steny Hoyer to refrain from using the same tactics when publically referring to opponents of Obama's Health Care Plan ?

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

 Not to mention buying into propaganda from that time period about ideologies. ...( snip ) You aren't a TRAITOR are you? You must be UNAMERICAN!"

 

  Yeah, it sucks when those evil, stuck-in-the-fifties, conservatives take a cheap shot like that.  I mean Jesus !     Oh BTW could you perhaps remind our very progressive liberal Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi , and the liberal House Majority Leader, Steny Hoyer to refrain from using the same tactics when publically referring to opponents of Obama's Health Care Plan ?

On this we agree. However, calling Reid, Pelosi and Hoyer progressives is like calling Kent Hovind a forward thinking intellectual.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: If racism

ClockCat wrote:

 If racism isn't an issue then why do almost all the conservatives want to go back to a time before the civil rights movement?

If you cling to 50's values, then racism kind of goes hand in hand, along with sexism and homophobia.

 

I'm not a conservative. In fact most conservatives think I'm leftist radical because I'm atheist(I don't believe in God given rights), I don't believe in private ownership of land and other natural resources, and I don't believe in the right to breed. For this I'm called a communist.

My political philosophy is basically anti-political. To me, politics is all about people bitching about what their entitled to have that they didn't earn. Conservatives claim god grants them land and the right to appropriate resources for their own profit. Leftists claim they are entitled to appropriate other peoples incomes and earned property to get free handouts from the government. They both claim people are entitled to breed and have others take care of their offspring for free.

I believe in liberty but I don't believe in entitlements. I believe in keeping what you earn but not appropriating what you didn't earn through honest labor. So I have my on beliefs that are neither conservative or liberal.

 

 

ClockCat wrote:

Not to mention buying into propaganda from that time period about ideologies. "Socialism BAD! Communism BAD! You aren't a TRAITOR are you? You must be UNAMERICAN!" 

 

But the pendulum has swung too far. So now, if one opposes Obama's policies one is considered racist. I'd prefer progressing to a time when Obama's policies are judged on how rational they are. Which would mean actually considering how they are to be paid for.

The problem with communism and socialism is that they must be forced on people through violence or the threat of violence. Communists must kill and steal the property of 'capitalists'. Socialists just want to send the taxman around to tax everyone to death.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:4. Many more

jcgadfly wrote:

4. Many more whites will benefit from single payer health care. Since you aren't a fan of "socialism", I look forward to your giving up Social Security and Medicare.

 

I already have to plan on them not being around when I'm old. We all know they are both going broke, just a big pyramid scam. But I still have to pay for it.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:ClockCat

EXC wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

 If racism isn't an issue then why do almost all the conservatives want to go back to a time before the civil rights movement?

If you cling to 50's values, then racism kind of goes hand in hand, along with sexism and homophobia.

 

I'm not a conservative. In fact most conservatives think I'm leftist radical because I'm atheist(I don't believe in God given rights), I don't believe in private ownership of land and other natural resources, and I don't believe in the right to breed. For this I'm called a communist.

My political philosophy is basically anti-political. To me, politics is all about people bitching about what their entitled to have that they didn't earn. Conservatives claim god grants them land and the right to appropriate resources for their own profit. Leftists claim they are entitled to appropriate other peoples incomes and earned property to get free handouts from the government. They both claim people are entitled to breed and have others take care of their offspring for free.

I believe in liberty but I don't believe in entitlements. I believe in keeping what you earn but not appropriating what you didn't earn through honest labor. So I have my on beliefs that are neither conservative or liberal.

 

 

ClockCat wrote:

Not to mention buying into propaganda from that time period about ideologies. "Socialism BAD! Communism BAD! You aren't a TRAITOR are you? You must be UNAMERICAN!" 

 

But the pendulum has swung too far. So now, if one opposes Obama's policies one is considered racist. I'd prefer progressing to a time when Obama's policies are judged on how rational they are. Which would mean actually considering how they are to be paid for.

The problem with communism and socialism is that they must be forced on people through violence or the threat of violence. Communists must kill and steal the property of 'capitalists'. Socialists just want to send the taxman around to tax everyone to death.

 

It should never have been a pendulum in the first place. Rich whites just couldn't keep their thumbs off the scales.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:


 

 Then who'd be around to clean up the mess made by the "love it or leave it" types?

 

    You know, I just had a gut feeling when I typed that last sentence that it would inspire someone to quote that bumper sticker slogan. 

    Still, I could liken the situation I referenced to an atheist who keeps attending church services and then complains to the pastor about being prosyletized.   Or, someone who buys a home next door to a major airport and then complains about the noise.  Basically if you find your circumstances intolerable then either adapt to it or leave.  Does that sound unreasonable ?

Given the history of US destruction and plundering of the central and south america, that does not only sound unreasonable, but uneducated and borderline retarded.

If Bill O'Reily used it, it's not an argument, it's a sound byte. This should be obvious to anyone older than 12. He makes arguments by explicitly ignoring 200+ years of historical record. When you do the same, you earn yourself the title of a blathering idiot. Ok?

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Sounds like you

EXC wrote:

Sounds like you assume they are inferior and therefore need to be handicapped their whole lives.

There is no such thing as handicapped, just having the table tilted so far that you can't even see what's on it.

My grandfather fought fascists in the second world war, I might have to fight them in the third. And they are not in Iran. You just keep hanging on to your Mein Kampf by Milton Friedman.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:  Given the

ZuS wrote:

  Given the history of US destruction and plundering of the central and south america, that does not only sound unreasonable, but uneducated and borderline retarded.

    Bring me up to speed regarding these claims.  What programs of destruction do you refer to ?  I don't claim to be a historian but I believe Mexico, Central America, South America were colonized by European nations. 

   No doubt there is an American presence throughout the entire western hemisphere as we are no longer isolationists.

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I'm not a

EXC wrote:

I'm not a conservative. In fact most conservatives think I'm leftist radical because I'm atheist(I don't believe in God given rights), I don't believe in private ownership of land and other natural resources, and I don't believe in the right to breed. For this I'm called a communist.

My political philosophy is basically anti-political. To me, politics is all about people bitching about what their entitled to have that they didn't earn. Conservatives claim god grants them land and the right to appropriate resources for their own profit. Leftists claim they are entitled to appropriate other peoples incomes and earned property to get free handouts from the government. They both claim people are entitled to breed and have others take care of their offspring for free.

I believe in liberty but I don't believe in entitlements. I believe in keeping what you earn but not appropriating what you didn't earn through honest labor. So I have my on beliefs that are neither conservative or liberal.

 

  For the most part I agree whole heartedly.  I believe that in North America both political parties aim to place all citizens on a leash.  Left or Right... it still boils down to conform to their ideals or be punished.

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:ZuS

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ZuS wrote:

  Given the history of US destruction and plundering of the central and south america, that does not only sound unreasonable, but uneducated and borderline retarded.

    Bring me up to speed regarding these claims.  What programs of destruction do you refer to ?  I don't claim to be a historian but I believe Mexico, Central America, South America were colonized by European nations. 

   No doubt there is an American presence throughout the entire western hemisphere as we are no longer isolationists.

I realize that current generations consider Michael Jackson's death to be the relevant history. I am not a historian either, so give me 24 hours to gather references. It's 00:30 here and I get up in 7 hours.

In the mean time you can google why Mexicans celebrate Saint Patrick's Day to this day; whose bills Venezuela has been paying in large notes lately and why; look up who this guy Pinochet was and who supported him from beginning to end; take a look at what happened to Argentina, Guatemala, Haiti and a dozen other small places of "economic miracles" during the second half of the last century. Relate it to Mr. Pinochet, see how it fits, eventually google Chicago boys. You can especially look up this little episode with Nicaraguan contra, check out who Noriega was and who supported him. While you read on him, check out his school too - School of The Americas - look at their base of support and their program.

Maybe later we can move out of south america and talk about whose guns spread the blood and brains of hundreds of thousands in small insignificant places like East Timor.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
   America has blood on

   America has blood on it's hands ?  Well you won't find any disagreement from me.  I am not here to be an apologist for all the bullshit things that my government has done throughout history.  What do you expect me to say  ....I'm sorry ?  So what ?

      Jesus Christ dude, we get it....the United States is the evil oppressor.  Really, we have a free press here,  all of our transgressions are a matter of public record and I don't need you to spell it out for me.   I already know the score.

   ( PS, why don't you Google Unit 731 ?  It was a Japanese house of horrors during WW 2 where autopsies were performed upon live POW's  in order to study the effects of chemical and biological weapons upon human victims.  The Japanese doctor, Shiro Ishii, who supervised these atrocities was granted immunity from war crimes by our government because we wanted to obtain the information so that we could use it to advance our own knowledge regarding the use of such weapons.  Pretty nifty, hunh ? )

 

 Anyway here's a video which might inspire you....                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1BFpi2W98&feature=related

 

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

   America has blood on it's hands ?  Well you won't find any disagreement from me.  I am not here to be an apologist for all the bullshit things that my government has done throughout history.  What do you expect me to say  ....I'm sorry ?  So what ?

I merely responded to your 'argument' a la Rush Limbaugh: "if you don't like it here, go back where you came from". Mexicans are where they came from, half of it is just called Texas now. As for the rest of the south america, I don't see why they should not all be US citizens - US has been runing their governments and resources worse than China runs everything outside Hong Kong.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
, we get it....

No, I don't think so. But I might interest you in Bill O'Riley's line of defense once whoever he's debating points out that nothing he says is actually true. He starts talking about geopolitics and how you really don't want to challenge him there, because, you know, all these sharades he puts up on TV are really not what he thinks but an expression of his ingrained realism and deep understanding of international politics. He is basically an imbecile and you might want to keep a list of things he uses as arguments just to never accidentally repeat any of them in public.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3681
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:ProzacDeathWish

ZuS wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

   America has blood on it's hands ?  Well you won't find any disagreement from me.  I am not here to be an apologist for all the bullshit things that my government has done throughout history.  What do you expect me to say  ....I'm sorry ?  So what ?

I merely responded to your 'argument' a la Rush Limbaugh: "if you don't like it here, go back where you came from". Mexicans are where they came from, half of it is just called Texas now. As for the rest of the south america, I don't see why they should not all be US citizens - US has been runing their governments and resources worse than China runs everything outside Hong Kong.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
, we get it....

No, I don't think so. But I might interest you in Bill O'Riley's line of defense once whoever he's debating points out that nothing he says is actually true. He starts talking about geopolitics and how you really don't want to challenge him there, because, you know, all these sharades he puts up on TV are really not what he thinks but an expression of his ingrained realism and deep understanding of international politics. He is basically an imbecile and you might want to keep a list of things he uses as arguments just to never accidentally repeat any of them in public.

  Wow, dude I used to take you seriously but you have really just become a joke to me at this point.  Instead I now see that you are little more than a narcissistic ( see ZuS avatar ), arrogant, condescending, Che Guevara wannabe.  Trust me, your shrill, insulting rants grow tiresome, then annoying, and then people will just begin to ignore you.

    Instead of wasting your time here preaching, why don't you join up with some of your like-minded revolutionaries and take over a US Embassy or something ?  Good luck with that...

  

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

  Wow, dude I used to take you seriously but you have really just become a joke to me at this point.  Instead I now see that you are little more than a narcissistic ( see ZuS avatar ), arrogant, condescending, Che Guevara wannabe.  Trust me, your shrill, insulting rants grow tiresome, then annoying, and then people will just begin to ignore you.

    Instead of wasting your time here preaching, why don't you join up with some of your like-minded revolutionaries and take over a US Embassy or something ?  Good luck with that...  

You do learn fast. Bill O'Riley starts by talking shit, then trys backing out and with his back to the wall starts yelling and muting if at all possible whom ever he is debating. It's basically just a rant void of any argument.

But speaking of Che, any wannabe trying for that role model is either in some Gitmo-like institution, a grave, or on his way to one of those two places. I didn't even mention Cuba and Columbia yet, did I?

You should rephrase: 'If you don't like it here, ah well... No matter where you are or who you are, people runing my life will rob you and kill you if they want to - and same goes for me.'

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.