MAD TV - Ruppy Murdock's personal SNL

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
MAD TV - Ruppy Murdock's personal SNL

The title says it all.

The program is nauseating. Strictly for Repugnants.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Linky Mc Linkage???????

Linky Mc Linkage???????

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You're better off not

edit - removed by t2

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You're better off not

edit - removed by t2

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You're better off not

You're better off not knowing where it is, but it's on one of his commercial public networks, someday, sometime.

Twice was enough. I didn't commit the channel day and time to memory.

If you want to see it, google for that stuff.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
I don't know about the

So we are now discussing time travel.

It is my assertion that all of the paradoxes that have come up in stories, while they may make for a good tale, are really only literary devices. Further, I assert that it is not possible to do things that create a problem with time travel.

For example, the classic is if you were to kill your grandfather before he married your grandmother, would you have never been born and therefore you cant have gone back in time to kill him?

The first problem with this is the assumption that prior to the modern era, nobody ever fucked before they got married. The reality of the matter is that teenagers fuck.

Now, a hundred years ago, if a chick missed her period, that meant that they had to get married. Preferably in less than nine months but if that was not possible, then polite society would retreat behind a maxim that “first children are often premature”.

The second problem being that there is more adultery going on than most people care to admit. If adultery was something that was quite rare, then the number of babies who were not the children of the nominative father would also be rare.

As it happens, we know from the public records of divorce cases that when the man alleges adultery and gets a court ordered paternity test that about 1:5 children are not fathered by the husband of the wife.

So what can we conclude from the above?

Well, let's say that you did go back and kill gramps. Whoppee!!!1!1! You killed some dude. However, if you did do that, then you could not have caused a paradox because you did the deed.

Since it is certainly possible that you did not kill the right person or f you did get the right guy, you were late for the job, then there is sufficient room for the reason why this so called paradox is not really a problem.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

It is my assertion that all of the paradoxes that have come up in stories, while they may make for a good tale, are really only literary devices. Further, I assert that it is not possible to do things that create a problem with time travel.

For example, the classic is if you were to kill your grandfather before he married your grandmother, would you have never been born and therefore you cant have gone back in time to kill him?

The first problem with this is the assumption that prior to the modern era, nobody ever fucked before they got married. The reality of the matter is that teenagers fuck.

Now, a hundred years ago, if a chick missed her period, that meant that they had to get married. Preferably in less than nine months but if that was not possible, then polite society would retreat behind a maxim that “first children are often premature”.

The second problem being that there is more adultery going on than most people care to admit. If adultery was something that was quite rare, then the number of babies who were not the children of the nominative father would also be rare.

As it happens, we know from the public records of divorce cases that when the man alleges adultery and gets a court ordered paternity test that about 1:5 children are not fathered by the husband of the wife.

Well, let's say that you did go back and kill gramps. Whoppee!!!1!1! You killed some dude. However, if you did do that, then you could not have caused a paradox because you did the deed.

Since it is certainly possible that you did not kill the right person or f you did get the right guy, you were late for the job, then there is sufficient room for the reason why this so called paradox is not really a problem.

lolwat?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Well, if the sand

Well, if the sand filled vagina wants to provide a link, then we can discuss that.

The problem is that he refuses to buy a shovel and he pulled a “Just Fucking Google It” move. So he gets to lose his own topic for something else.

If you want to talk about time travel, that is fine. If you want to talk about something else, that is also fine. A cat is fine too.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
I painted my nails today.

I painted my nails today. Now this isn't earth shattering news for most but for me~a big deal. I am normally not "girly" like that.

They look pretty good~

If I were to go bak in time to 10 years ago me and tell myself to enjoy a manicure, would I paint my nails more often in present time?

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm a cat. 

I'm a cat.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I'm a

Hambydammit wrote:

I'm a cat.

Hello Hamby.  Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Ben Dover.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I'm a

Hambydammit wrote:

I'm a cat.

Somewhere/time I open the box. I can't stand halfsies.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Grandpa was fucking around and he never really liked you anyway.

Meanwhile, your medical history is now in question. We always wondered why you tan so well.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi gang!!!

I would like to know how this thread got sided from Rupert Murdoch's version of Saterday Night Live to  time travel and knocking off your grandpa?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Linky Mc Linkage???????

Shit for brains,

Have you ever heard of
time zones, local program
channels?

If you're interested in seeing
the show, pull down your pants and blow yourself a you abnormally do.

BTW. If you can find something else to screw,
other than granny, you won't find so
much garbage in the pussy.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Hey! If there are any

Hey! If there are any mods around, can I get a custom rank of Shit for Brains?

That would be good comedy under the science freak rank.

Anyway, treat2, if you have something that you would like us to discuss, it would be polite if you would actually give us some idea what the subject is. Apart from that, you basically cannot even try to start a thread without it turning into something else.

BTW: My cat likes to sit in the bathroom sink. However, I don't fuck him.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 My cat gets mad at me when

My cat gets mad at me when I stay away for too long.  After about 16 hours alone, he shits on the floor in my dart lane, regardless of how his litter box looks.

He's a codependent son-of-a-bitch, really.

I guess it could be worse.  He doesn't piss.  There are few things in the world worse than cat piss.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Launch of Space Shuttle

Launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour Scrubbed Again

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Well shit, that sucks.

Well shit, that sucks.

OTOH, I have the same software that is used to train real pilots (Xplane) and I have landed the shuttle safely without a heat shield. It is bare knuckle exciting for about four hours but it can happen. You have to whip around the earth a couple dozen tines in the process and avoid bouncing off the atmosphere while doing so but it can be done.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I would like to know how this thread got sided from Rupert Murdoch's version of Saterday Night Live to  time travel and knocking off your grandpa?

Just some dancing Borgets. LMAO

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Do you guys realize that

Do you guys realize that the first space shuttle mission was in 1977?

Beyond the fact that we're talking about 32 years, that's really a remarkably old design for something as tech dependent as space travel.  I'm no expert in this field, but it seems to me that through the early years of the space race, there were almost constant modifications and design improvements, both on the manned capsules themselves, and the propulsion systems that got them into space.

Sure, I know the shuttles have improved their computers and tweaked the propulsion systems in 30 years, but we're still talking about basically the same design.

What I wonder:  Is the design the same because it's too costly to start from scratch and design a better one, or because it's about as good as it gets for the missions the shuttle performs?

Books about atheism

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm... funny what a

Hmmm... funny what a little research will do.  I see that the shuttle program is scheduled for termination in 2010.  (Ironic... 2010... seems like I saw a movie about that...)

Anybody privy to what's coming down the pipe?

Books about atheism

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Well shit, that sucks.

OTOH, I have the same software that is used to train real pilots (Xplane) and I have landed the shuttle safely without a heat shield. It is bare knuckle exciting for about four hours but it can happen. You have to whip around the earth a couple dozen tines in the process and avoid bouncing off the atmosphere while doing so but it can be done.

You forgot to take your Stelazine, pea-brain.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Hmmm...

Hambydammit wrote:

Hmmm... funny what a little research will do.  I see that the shuttle program is scheduled for termination in 2010.  (Ironic... 2010... seems like I saw a movie about that...)

I take it you like the taste of spam?

I'm happy to supply it, Sweet-cheeks.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
So, are you going to

So, are you going to tell us what you would like us to discuss or not?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 On a completely different

On a completely different note, I believe the CGI muppet song added to the Jabba the Hutt scene in Return of the Jedi is the most useless scene in all of movie history.

Books about atheism

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Well, if the sand filled vagina wants to provide a link, then we can discuss that.

The problem is that he refuses to buy a shovel and he pulled a “Just Fucking Google It” move. So he gets to lose his own topic for something else.

If you want to talk about time travel, that is fine. If you want to talk about something else, that is also fine. A cat is fine too.

DID SOMEBODY SAY CAT?!

oh....that last one is not as cute as the others. awkward.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
eh... since everyone else is

eh... since everyone else is trolling

and the only sure way, to kill a Crocoduck is...

What Would Kharn Do?

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: On a

Hambydammit wrote:

On a completely different note, I believe the CGI muppet song added to the Jabba the Hutt scene in Return of the Jedi is the most useless scene in all of movie history.

No I am going to have to say the any scene with Jar Jar binks was completely useless and a waste of time.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:No I am going to

Quote:
No I am going to have to say the any scene with Jar Jar binks was completely useless and a waste of time.

Though I agree with you that Jar Jar is completely useless, I give the nod to the big-mouthed pop-blues muppet for the simple reason that Lucas didn't even try to make it seem like the scene added anything to the movie.  In the original, there was already music, and the girl already got sent down to the Rancor.  Lucas didn't take any of it out.  He just had Jabba say, "Dude... that was gnarly... do it again, man!"   Then -- 2 minutes or so of CGI stupidity.

At least with Jar Jar, Lucas makes the attempt to justify the stupidity.  Jar-Jar does things.  He leads them to the Gungan city.  His antics sometimes inadvertantly change the course of the action -- sometimes drastically.  It's a silly, annoyingly trite, and even insulting at times, but if you held a gun to Lucas' head (Oh... sweet dreams!) he'd be able to justify Jar Jar's presence as a function of plot.

The pop-blues monster is just there to show off.

Books about atheism

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Hmmm...

Hambydammit wrote:

ORION

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:ORIONAha.  I've

Quote:
ORION

Aha.  I've seen something about this on TV.  I tend not to believe anything I see on TV, so I must have just dismissed it.  It's pretty ironic that we're going back to something that looks like the lunar module... sort of.

Books about atheism

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah. I'm pretty sure the

yeah. I'm pretty sure the Soviets never stopped using their base design.  It's more affordable than sending a giant plane into space.  It also seems so much safer than a shuttle, which is weird 'cause it looks like it crawled out of the 1970's.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:Hambydammit

Thomathy wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

ORION

Also in the pipe is the Russian Kliper and the SpaceX Dragon

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Speaking of time travel, has

Speaking of time travel, has anyone here seen the movie Primer? I watched it today. It was written by an engineer with a degree in mathematics and the whole movie was made for $7,000. I'm not a physics major (yet), so I didn't understand some of the jargon, but it was a very well written movie. 

My Brand New Blog - Jesu Ad Nauseum.
God of the Gaps: As knowledge approaches infinity, God approaches zero. It's introductory calculus.