Smack that Saturn ass.

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Smack that Saturn ass.

I finally talked my fiance into getting an Atheist sticker to put on our car. He was a bit hesitant as like many smaller cities (when compared to S.F. and L.A.) there are a lot of religious folk driving around here. There are also a lot of... how to put it... "intellectually challenged" people who try to read what you have on your car then fly into oncoming traffic at 40 mph. Can't say I've ever witnessed it personally, but it's been close a few times. But I digress, I finally told him (and this is exactly how it went) "if the crazy Bible-thumpers and those damn Mormons can walk around with an air of superiority about them, then I want my own damn sticker to figuratively kick them in the ball sack!"

I have a personal thing against the Mormons. I just don't like the Mormons. Mmkay?!

Gawd! I digress *again*, my fiance thought about getting the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" sticker that he lovingly pressed onto his bass guitar, donning the Bible and Koran. I told him that since I often go out by myself with his son in tow, I'd rather not wind as the "Missing" segment on the 6 o'clock news. We settled on "Evolve" -- with the two Darwin ichthys around it -- "the other fish doesn't have a leg to stand on."

Before he had to go to work that day, I gently rubbed that sticker on the right way. There was no a *single* air bubble. Oh yeah, it was hot.

Fast forward to 11pm when my fiance is supposed to clock off work. 11:20 rolls around, and I figure he was talking to a buddy at work. 11:45 and he's at the store (he have a 24-hour place). 12:30 and I'm kicking myself for that stupid sticker. The thoughts running through my head were this: "I don't know if Sam is working at the bar tonight. If he is, he wouldn't get off until 1:30 so they're probably just talking. Yeah. That's it. But what if some crazy Christian asshat  saw him getting into his car and beat the Flying Spaghetti Monsters out of him. Oh gawd, who's gonna watch the kid while we search for his half dead body!?"

*rolls eyes*

10 minutes later, he came home, I told him of my paranoid sticker ranting (which is very unlike me), and he had a good laugh. This was about a month ago now, and so far, all I've noticed is that people tend to tailgate me a bit more than usual. That's alright people, get a good look at it. Go on... then heed the advice!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Silly_Mommy wrote:Gawd! I

Silly_Mommy wrote:

Gawd! I digress *again*, my fiance thought about getting the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" sticker that he lovingly pressed onto his bass guitar, donning the Bible and Koran.

As a fellow bass (and synth) player, I need to see a pic of this sticker.  If you do that much for me, I will post pics of my gear for your BF to consider...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Gee, a 12 minute

Gee, a 12 minute turnaround.  That is not normal for either you or the RRS.

Anyway, I need to make good here.

Here is a Hartke HA 5500 head (500 watts) and a Genz Benz NEOX 2z12 cab.

This is the same but with a Casio VZ10M rack mount synth (sort of like a DX7 on steriods) sitting under my Yamaha 16/4 mixer.  The two basses are (tobacco) a Peavey Millenium 5 BXP with Elixer Nanoweb strings and an early 90's Japanese Fender with flatwounds.

The keyboards are (from top down) A Korg X5 (small batch released just ahead of the X5D Rompler), A Roland Controller for driving the VZ10M and a Roland JP-8000

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
 http://i33.photobucket.com/

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/MalpineWalis/DSCF0009.jp

This is my Schecter Custom 5 35 inch neck, A boss ME 50B effects unit, (sadly) a silver face Fender Bassman amp and a brown face Groove Tubes Trio pre-amp ad I forget what the box under it was.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've got a Rickenbacker

I've got a Rickenbacker 4004CII in natural finish.  With the bubinga fingerboard, doncha know.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
 I will pass along the

I will pass along the pictures and information as I stared and it and thought, "Cool, cool."

As for my "turnaround" I admit that I was a bit neglectful of RRS for while. I frequent a parenting message forum which features and Atheist board. It is endlessly active throughout the day, and they always have a board called "The Debate Team" which often has a 1-2 second turnaround at it's most active.

I wish RRS were a little closer to that activity level. I've been trying to actively recruit people from all over the 'Net... Atheists/Agnostics/Freethinkers/etc, that is! 

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry. Working atheist. My

Sorry. Working atheist.

My van doesn't have anything. I live in Tennessee and the spouse would demand equal space anyway.

Here's Sapient's old car:

http://evolvefish.com/photos/SapientsCar.jpg

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.