Debunking bible prophecies

Coprolal1an
Coprolal1an's picture
User is offlineOffline
Debunking bible prophecies

So, I've got someone trying to argue with me, telling me about how China has bragged about having a 200,000,000 man army (nevermind that it's army is only 3 millions :/, but he retorted that China 'bragged about having it') and that the bible says the 'kings of the east' (revelations books 8/9) will lead the force into israel (I also pointed out that one million men would be plenty considering Israel has under 200,000 soldiers and China has a huge airforcee) and that this will set the stage for a world war.  Anyone else know any sites or sources that adress debunking this specific 'prophecy'?  The original quote I'm debunking is:

Quote:

Rev 8:1-2 is the beginning of the passage describing end times events, and the period of time surrounding Armageddon (or Har Megido, the Valley of Megido, a real place in northern Israel and strategically the only place for a large mobile army to travel through in the region). This description continues into Chapter 9. Note in Ch 9 Vs 16 it talks about a 200 million man army... China has boasted it can field a 200 million man army. The passage also describes all-out nuclear war, among other things, with 1/3 of the worlds population being killed at one time. Remember this was being described 2000 years ago by someone who had never seen man fly, let alone a nuclear missle. Pretty accurate descriptions, though... This has been preached on many times before.

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sounds like he has been

Sounds like he has been listening to John Haggie. 

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Coprolal1an wrote:
So, I've got someone trying to argue with me, telling me about how China has bragged about having a 200,000,000 man army (nevermind that it's army is only 3 millions :/, but he retorted that China 'bragged about having it') and that the bible says the 'kings of the east' (revelations books 8/9) will lead the force into israel (I also pointed out that one million men would be plenty considering Israel has under 200,000 soldiers and China has a huge airforcee) and that this will set the stage for a world war.  Anyone else know any sites or sources that adress debunking this specific 'prophecy'?  The original quote I'm debunking is:
Quote:

Rev 8:1-2 is the beginning of the passage describing end times events, and the period of time surrounding Armageddon (or Har Megido, the Valley of Megido, a real place in northern Israel and strategically the only place for a large mobile army to travel through in the region). This description continues into Chapter 9. Note in Ch 9 Vs 16 it talks about a 200 million man army... China has boasted it can field a 200 million man army. The passage also describes all-out nuclear war, among other things, with 1/3 of the worlds population being killed at one time. Remember this was being described 2000 years ago by someone who had never seen man fly, let alone a nuclear missle. Pretty accurate descriptions, though... This has been preached on many times before.

I'm sorry. What is there to debunk?

About two decades ago the bad guy in this was Russia. Now that believers no longer swallow that bullshit the doomsayers now sucker in a new generation of idiots by claiming it is China. Before Russia it was someone else. After China it will be someone else. The unchanging element will be those who sucker ignorant assholes into the next "TRUE" explanation of the prophecy.

Real simple, prophecy is nonsense. All "correct" prophesies are reported after the fact. A few decades ago a woman in DC, Jeanne Dixon I think her name was, was widely credited with predicting the future. ALL research into the claims of prediction found there was no such prediction.

All claims of correct are written after the fact. All it takes to get a following is to claim to have predicted something after the event has occurred. People want to believe in it. Prophecy is not limited to bible stories. It was a profession in the good old days. It is still scam profession for present day astrologers.

So what is it you think is worthy of a serious discussion?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml