2012 Movie - Why are people so fucking stupid?I c

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
2012 Movie - Why are people so fucking stupid?I c

I am concerned for humanity. Most people are just amused/think it's going to be a fun movie to watch, but some people are actually SCARED by it. Here's the trailer for the pretty but shallow new movie...

Why can't we have a realistic end of the world? Like getting sucked into the sun or something? All this conspiracy shit is soooo boring.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It looks like a cool

It looks like a cool movie. I have read some into the 2012 theories and if they happen to be true it does not sound like there is too much we can do about it. So I don't even care. Like this planet is better off with us or something. 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I cannot tell by the trailer

I cannot tell by the trailer if it's going to be just natural disasters or Armageddon, but there's definitely going to be religious undertones in the movie. Like when it shows the Sistine Chapel being split and the crack just happens to go right between God and Adam in Michelangelo's Murial. Or the statue of Jesus crumbling in Rio de Janeiro...come on, now.

I'll see it just because I loved Independence Day growing up and I thought the Day after tomorrow was decent. The story lines aren't necessarily great but I love the special effects and the suspense they build in those types of movies.

As far as 2012 goes...I don't believe in any of the predictions or even the relevance of the Mayan Calender for this date, but there are some significant things happening in the universe around that time (not even talking about planet x). There's a lot of interesting information, but I'm not worried. I still remember the panic of Y2K.

Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's entertainment

That's entertainment.

When Earth ends it won't be anywhere near as entertaining. I'm pretty sure we, humans, will have been long dead and gone by the time the sun swallows Earth. I'll be watching this when it comes out Smiling

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush

Anon O Moose
User is offlineOffline
This reminds me of the 'War

This reminds me of the 'War of the Worlds' radio incedent.  Why couldn't they just wait till after 2012 to make the movie?

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
I do agree with you though,

I do agree with you though, peppermint. It's really cheesy and possibly harmful to cash in on peoples' fears like this. There's no question on what the intent of this movie is. They might act like it's about prevention, spreading information, or even "entertainment," but it's not. The screenwriters knew there was a buzz on the internet about this date and noticed how scared people are. I almost want to avoid it in protest since these apocalyptic movies are so easily manipulative and limited of imagination, but I'm a sucker for this genre and they know it. Don't get me wrong, the first, oh...100 of these types of movies were probably warranted, but Hollywood has been milking the shit out of this type of movie for a while now. It's kind of like how they're bringing back awesome characters from the past to squeeze a few more pennies out of peoples' pockets (despite possibly ruining the integrity of the franchise).

Ah hem...

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
The last time this many

The last time this many people feared the end of the world was 9 1/2 years ago.

The movie looks entertaining though. I might go see it.

Edit: I've seen some of the translations for the predictions in the Mayan calender, and they are horribly ambiguous. It basically says stuff like, 'approximately this period in history will contain great civial unrest and conflict bla bla bla.' You can, fairly easily, put a sufficient spin on any of it to fit something that is happening in history at that time.  

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
peppermint wrote; I'm concerned for Humanity

This type of movie sells ticket's and it plays on fear,nothing new here. I'm more concerned about the impact of Global Warming and the effect that is being felt right now ( in the southern Oceans,they have already evacuated the Island of Carteret near Paupa New Guinea) and as the water rises there will be over 300 million environmental refuges.And yet hardly anyone has noticed this disaster.All of these Bullshit movies doesn't help either,people waste their time in movie theaters getting dumbed down even further.Its sad. 

Signature ? How ?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, obviously it is

Well, obviously it is going to be a visual festival. That being said, I saw the poster with the tag line before I saw the trailer. Anything about the end of the world and using the words “left behind” is a buzz kill for me.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Money is money. Why

Money is money. Why shouldn't they make this movie, knowing very well that it would sell?

If not for the line "Find out the truth" in the end, it would be perfectly fine. Smiling

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Fanas wrote:Money is money.

Fanas wrote:

Money is money. Why shouldn't they make this movie, knowing very well that it would sell?

If not for the line "Find out the truth" in the end, it would be perfectly fine. Smiling

Because the United States is already paralyzed by fear. How many times was "9/11" used as a justification for damned near everything Bush wanted to do? A justification for war with IRAQ (lol) without the consent from Congress... Hell, Giuliani basically ran his campaign for President on it. Making a horror movie is one thing, but selling fear that many consider to be real and imminent (whether it really is or not) is almost immoral. People are responsible for their own actions, but we don't live in a rational society and I think movies like this can be just as harmful as fanatical dogma. I'm sure that sounds exaggerated, but do you remember how nuts people were with Y2K? The closer we get to 2012, the worse it'll become.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
This movie should be taken

Edit.
Nevermind.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Fanas wrote:

Because the United States is already paralyzed by fear. How many times was "9/11" used as a justification for damned near everything Bush wanted to do? A justification for war with IRAQ (lol) without the consent from Congress... Hell, Giuliani basically ran his campaign for President on it. Making a horror movie is one thing, but selling fear that many consider to be real and imminent (whether it really is or not) is almost immoral. People are responsible for their own actions, but we don't live in a rational society and I think movies like this can be just as harmful as fanatical dogma. I'm sure that sounds exaggerated, but do you remember how nuts people were with Y2K? The closer we get to 2012, the worse it'll become.

Well at least you will be able to say "I told you so" after all the madness. Laughing out loud

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti

A justification for war with IRAQ (lol) without the consent from Congress...

Dude? The internet called for you and it wants it's instantly verifiable facts back. Also, the 21st century agrees.

Seriously, the vote to authorize the war was 297/133 in the house and 77/23 in the senate.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
    I will grant you

I will grant you that the war in Iraq was the biggest fuck up since the Spanish American War. Of the dozen or so different things we were given as reasons, one (the WMD) failed to be real but there were other reasons that did turn out to be correct.

War is always and automatically a bad thing. That is why people hate it and try to avoid it. Sadly, sometimes in is a necessary thing. The real question for me (and remembering that this is in hind sight) would be if this specific war was necessary.

On the balance of what we now know, I think that we might have ducked this one. At least for a while. However, Hussein was rearming at the time and remembering the mess that happened in Europe because Germany rearmed after WW1, there is at least a possibility that ducking this war could have sent us on the path to a much bigger mess later on.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
peppermint wrote:I am

peppermint wrote:

I am concerned for humanity. Most people are just amused/think it's going to be a fun movie to watch, but some people are actually SCARED by it. Here's the trailer for the pretty but shallow new movie...

Why can't we have a realistic end of the world? Like getting sucked into the sun or something? All this conspiracy shit is soooo boring.

Something can be "boring" and dangerous at the same time. I am sure like many "predictions" of "the end" that have been made in the past, this will pass too. BUT, only if we treat it as the seriously dangerous delusion it is.

There are things humanity cant control. We cant control meteors or comets or gamma rays hitting us. Meteors we have a better shot at, IF we knock of this selfish tribalism and focus on it. But the ride will end, no doubt. But humanity's problem is that it has an attitude that truth only exists when their tribe is the alpha male.

I would treat these consperiacies as serious because those who believe them have and can rise to power. Not in the sense that consperacies are real, but just like god belief, people treat them as if they were real.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps it's a self

Perhaps it's a self fulfilling prophecy. The Mayans could have know how "fucking stupid" people are. Then we'd destroy ourselves with the hysteria over the end of the world.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Dude, the consent was based

Dude, the consent was based off of faulty information. In other words, while many in the Senate and House of Representatives opposed the war initially (uhm, hello, it was a violation of international law via the UN), the President lied (claiming basically "oops" ) on the two main points listed in the resolution which was the housing of weapons of mass destruction and ties to Al Qaeda. If a body of Politic is coerced into doing something by threat of National Security when such a threat is not only incorrect but found later to be known about (a lie), you honestly think the President didn't will this War into happening? The U.N. Security Council did not authorize the invasion but war was declared, anyway. If you're going to make the argument that the United States is above the UN (which would be unfortunate) than it should leave the United Nations and face the consequences of the Coalition which might have a different say, next time.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I will grant you that the war in Iraq was the biggest fuck up since the Spanish American War. Of the dozen or so different things we were given as reasons, one (the WMD) failed to be real but there were other reasons that did turn out to be correct.

Oh, after that was debunked the focus immediately got changed to liberating the Iraqi people. As if that was the REAL reason we went there in the first place. It might be convenient to just say we failed or that we guessed wrong, but there is obvious deceit and our President should have been arrested.

War is always and automatically a bad thing. That is why people hate it and try to avoid it. Sadly, sometimes in is a necessary thing. The real question for me (and remembering that this is in hind sight) would be if this specific war was necessary.

Of course it wasn't necessary, it wasn't even the right country to attack. What I find comical is how Iraq was such an immediate and dangerous threat to our National Security because of WMD's, yet North Korea is...what? An ally? And if liberating the Iraqi people was the MAJOR FOCUS (don't pretend like that wasn't milked by the Press Secretary) than how about liberating people in countries that DON'T have a standing army that opposes us? It's ok to help the Iraqi people but let Africa starve and die from Aids (not even JUST talking about wartorn countries)?

On the balance of what we now know, I think that we might have ducked this one. At least for a while. However, Hussein was rearming at the time and remembering the mess that happened in Europe because Germany rearmed after WW1, there is at least a possibility that ducking this war could have sent us on the path to a much bigger mess later on.

Yeah there's "threats" all over the world. I guess we should declare war on all of those threats...just in case.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Note: I am NOT a liberal.

Note: I am NOT a liberal. I'm very much conservative. I just don't agree with injustice. The War with Iraq was just a waste of money and lives, and claiming ignorance in the aftermath isn't good enough. If a country is that ignorant in it's information, it should have its rights of declaring war stripped by the international community. This has a lot to do with why I didn't vote for McCain, because he claimed multiple times that we would not leave Iraq until we "won." Absolutist bullshit like that should not be tolerated.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's see how much faith

Let's see how much faith these fundamentalists really have...if they *really* believe the world will end, they should be extra charitable as the end gets closer...I'd be willing to relieve any Christians of their beachfront Condo, and their Convertable BMW...It'll look good on their eternal resume'

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline

Note: I am NOT a liberal. I'm very much conservative. I just don't agree with injustice. The War with Iraq was just a waste of money and lives, and claiming ignorance in the aftermath isn't good enough. If a country is that ignorant in it's information, it should have its rights of declaring war stripped by the international community. This has a lot to do with why I didn't vote for McCain, because he claimed multiple times that we would not leave Iraq until we "won." Absolutist bullshit like that should not be tolerated.

Well I didn't vote for obama or mccain, but so far obama has not done anything different than mccain would have. I just don't trust any of them when they make money from both sides of the war. 

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:The

marshalltenbears wrote:

Well I didn't vote for obama or mccain, but so far obama has not done anything different than mccain would have. I just don't trust any of them when they make money from both sides of the war. 

Well Obama's plan at fixing the economy isn't about erasing our debt, but cutting down the amount we'll generate for the next 4-8 years. We're going to be economically fucked for a while no matter who's in the White house. For all we know, McCain could have sent more troops and tried to blitzkreig a victory in Iraq. He's a good man, but I don't think he would help build an alliance with the rest of the world like Obama will. I don't trust old people, especially if he's so old he makes other old people seem young. And no matter how good McCain is, there's NO WAY I'm voting for Sarah Palin as Vice President. Say what you will about McCain, but she's a certifiable moron. Even the moderators in the debates or interviews kept looking at her with a "WTF?" look on their faces.  This isn't even a stab at women, I think Hillary would have done fine. Palin is a joke.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Granted, Caribou Barbie

Granted, Caribou Barbie probably cost McCain the election. I would have preferred pretty much anyone to her. For that matter, McCain would not have been my first choice. Some combination of Huckabe / Romney would have been more to my liking on fiscal grounds. However, they are both religious nut jobs but one must take what is offered.

For the record though, given that we still have the PATRIOT act in effect, I am glad that Hillary lost.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
I was going to vote for Ron

I was going to vote for Ron Paul but I knew from the beginning he wouldn't go all the way.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:On the balance of

Quote:

"Re-Arming"? With what, exactly? The scrap metal he managed to salvage from the burnt out wreckage that he was left with after the 1st Persian Gulf war? Sticking out tongue

He was not 're-arming'. To quote your beloved magicians, that's Bullshit. Nobody was selling Hussein weapons; what he had was what he had purchased from you guys during the Iran/Iraq conflict. He was also not in any position to go on the offensive any time in the foreseeable future; the Ba'athists had essentially zero regional allies and considerably divided support in Iraq itself.

The only sensible reason given for the attack (nuclear arms build-up) was a total fabrication; the rest of the 'reasons' were piss-poor excuses ("Saddam was killing Iraqis!" "...Oh? And what are you doing, now that you're occupying the country?" "...Shuddup.&quotEye-wink. The actual reasons are now just plain obvious: securing oil reserves and flexing the sadistic urge to put bullet holes in arabs. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline

I was going to vote for Ron Paul but I knew from the beginning he wouldn't go all the way.

That is because he had actual solutions to problems, not just fancey slogans. I think most americans are too stupid and get bored to easily when they listen to him. To bad Ron Paul couldn't have used "YES We Can" before obama. And if anyone wants to get rid of the income tax and the IRS then they have my vote.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I intend to watch it.

I intend to watch it. Prepared for the sad ending where Humanity somehow survives the apocalypse......again.....

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
A side note: the intro of

A side note: the intro of this trailer is wrong.  The Maya weren't the world's oldest human civilization.  City-building and agriculture had been going on in the Middle East for up to several thousand years before the Maya got around to it. Not that "old" means the mythology is true.

</rant>

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kavis wrote:A side note: the

Kavis wrote:

A side note: the intro of this trailer is wrong.  The Maya weren't the world's oldest human civilization.  City-building and agriculture had been going on in the Middle East for up to several thousand years before the Maya got around to it. Not that "old" means the mythology is true.

</rant>

This also bothered me greatly. The mayans were still hunting and gathering when great cities were being built in Mesopotamia, India and China.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
theotherguy wrote:This also

theotherguy wrote:

This also bothered me greatly. The mayans were still hunting and gathering when great cities were being built in Mesopotamia, India and China.

Yeah, there weren't even any people there until natives of Asia, most likely, migrated to the Americas via Alaska. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Nobody

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Nobody was selling Hussein weapons; what he had was what he had purchased from you guys during the Iran/Iraq conflict.

Yeah. Not like anyone was talking about that during the first Iraq war:

Bill Hicks wrote:

During the Persian Gulf War, those intelligence reports would come out: “Oh, Iraq? Incredible weapons. Incredible weapons.”

“How do you know that?”

“Well. Ha ha. Ah, we looked at the receipt. But as soon as that check clears, we’re going in.”

My wife's family lives in Wasilla, and knows the Palin family. She is just as dumb as she appears. She's entirely incoherent when speaking, just as he is on TV. She also appears to suffer from narcissistic personality disorder to a greater degree than G. W. Bush.

The strange thing is, I suspect she'll be able to warp reality to her own POV. I can imagine millions of disillusioned soccer moms lining up to vote for her in 3 years. That's what scares me most about 2012.

And I'm definitely going to see this movie. It looks like it'll be one long candy-bar of a visual treat, with terrible dialogue, excruciating camera work, and lots and lots of simulated explosions.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

ragnarok
High Level Donor
ragnarok's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Day After The Day After Tomorrow

I'm going to watch this film for the damage and destruction and the titillation that provides, but actually calling it a 'good' movie would be a stretch.  I had a lot of fun watching The Day After Tomorrow, but the insipid dialogue and shameless product placements for Apple et al really bugged me.  Surprised they didn't have a disaster toy set with little fully pose-able Dennis Quaids.  This movie looks like it's in the same vein, and if we take it too seriously we'll pop a vein.  People who get scared about this stuff are going to get scared by a lot of other stuff, like cheese molds or something equally as ridiculous.  Just weather the storm folks, it'll blow over.  Until then, 'Dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge.'

I have little poignant or anecdotal to share in this space, but I'm glad I wrote something that made someone like you waste their time reading it. HAVE SOME.

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Yeah,

butterbattle wrote:
Yeah, there weren't even any people there until natives of Asia, most likely, migrated to the Americas via Alaska.

To be fair, they couldn't have migrated later than about ten thousand years ago via the Bering bridge, and there's evidence of human habitation in the area dating to around 14,000 years ago.  It's not like they were rowing boats to Alaska when Hammurabi laid down the law. 

Still, when the trailer starts off with something that's simply untrue, and then goes on with hand-wringing eschatological hysteria, it pisses me off.

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline

I considered voting for him. I seemed to side with him the most politically.

But he's just as much a religious sack of potatoes as the rest of 'em. He has made personal statements about the "oppression of Christians" and the "war on Christmas." He has a general lack of understanding and/or respect for non-Christians and the secular community, and I just know that that would have somehow impacted his politics, especially when it came to issues like gay marriage, etc. My initial vote originally went to Clinton, and it still would have had she been the nominee, but once it was McCain and "You betcha!" versus Obama and "his best pal Peter [Biden]!" I knew that I had to vote for Obama. (Sorry, Family Guy joke for the latter. )

Silly_Mommy
BloggerSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
 I don't think it's been

I don't think it's been mentioned here, but in an interview with the director of the film (I believe) he stated that he actually doesn't believe in any of the 2012 hype but merely made a film based off people's real conspiracies because it, essentially, would make money.

At least the guy was honest!

Shizen
Shizen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hollywood. The movie's being

Hollywood. The movie's being produced for money, not to inform people of any kind of truth. I'll probably watch it, for the sake of entertainment.

By the way, were the Mayans able to predict how their own civilization would end? That would have been more useful for their welfare, now wouldn't it?

Awaken.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Penn & Teller to the rescue

Maybe not rescue but they did a Bullshit ep. on it a week or so ago.

At least they found a Mayan and asked about it. She never heard of it.

Myself I think people claiming to still be real Mayans today are like those who claim to be witches from the Celts, idiots in their own right.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shizen wrote:Hollywood. The

Shizen wrote:

Hollywood. The movie's being produced for money, not to inform people of any kind of truth. I'll probably watch it, for the sake of entertainment.

By the way, were the Mayans able to predict how their own civilization would end? That would have been more useful for their welfare, now wouldn't it?

That's kind of the problem. They didn't get their own destruction right, so why would we listen to them?

Oh, and 2012 is when their calendar ended because that's how they made them. This is sort of like assuming that the world is going to end every 12 months because your calendar runs out.

No, really.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Shizen

HisWillness wrote:

Shizen wrote:

That's kind of the problem. They didn't get their own destruction right, so why would we listen to them?

Oh, and 2012 is when their calendar ended because that's how they made them. This is sort of like assuming that the world is going to end every 12 months because your calendar runs out.

No, really.

Just for fun I double click the time in the bottom right to bring up the calender to see where it ends. Apprently it goes to 2099 and then goes back to 1980. What does this mean? On new years evil 2099 the world will be sent back in time to 1980. Its true, the calender says so.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline

I cannot tell by the trailer if it's going to be just natural disasters or Armageddon 

Chuck Norris sneases

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

And if none of those turned out to be "correct", we would just keep guessing until we hit something that looks borderline plausible. Well, at least borderline plausible to a complete cretin, that way we would convince Americans. Your reasoning is unparalleled - with you on our side, reality will never hold us back again!

War is always and automatically a bad thing, but some times it's necessary? Then it must be good some times for something, since otherwise it would not be necessary for anything in particular. Also, people hate war and try to avoid it, yet it's continuously fought. Must be because it's necessary all the time, and therefore good for something all the time. It must be necessary beacause of all those invented correct reasons you mentioned earlier.

On the other hand, you might just be full of shit that has been compressed into you during the 7PM news and a random presidential monologue.

You are right.. We should consider nuking half the world; imagine how big conflicts we can avoid with that kind of a war. We are lucky to have few bright minds like yours among us. The fewer the better.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are you kidding I love

Are you kidding I love apocalyptic films! It's the fun of seeing everyone get destroyed I could care less about the religious undertones.