[Intro] - Troubleshooter up!

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
[Intro] - Troubleshooter up!

This is my first foray into the Rational Response Squad's forums and I wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a middle-aged, skeptical atheist, working hard at keeping my daughter from being indoctrinated into magical thinking while keeping her mind free of modern liberal foolishness.

I tend towards the classically liberal perspective and believe that too many people are overburdened by credulity or underburdened by concern.

A Statement of a problem is not an endorsement of it, nor is it the solution to it. But the solution cannot be found with the statement, for unless a problem is stated, who is to say that there is one? And if there is, what is it? I'm stating here.

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Yeah, new and fresh blood.  Come in, sit down, and tell us more about yourself.  

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums. You will find that we are only mildly radioactive.

I myself am a middle aged conservative republican atheist/nihilist. But like you see some decidedly non-traditional nut jobs on the liberal side, I see too damned many aberrations over here as well. I think that both sides would be well served by distancing themselves from the nut jobs (Anne Coulter on one side and Michael Moore on the other).

One other thing, there is a guy here who goes by the handle treat2. He will be along shortly to mess with you but whatever he does, don't take it personally. He does it to everyone. Basically, he has a sand filled vagina and no desire to buy a shovel.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
No worries, I'm an old hand

No worries, I'm an old hand on the intertubez, some of the places I've crawled around in on the web would make most people blanch.

While not a nihilist, I strive for a basic level of veracity from all people asserting positive statements irrespective of their position.

And there's no reason to take anything short of actual libel too seriously out here in the wild.

A Statement of a problem is not an endorsement of it, nor is it the solution to it. But the solution cannot be found with the statement, for unless a problem is stated, who is to say that there is one? And if there is, what is it? I'm stating here.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, welcome to the

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You'll find that we have all kinds of individuals on this little website, from the extremely intelligent and open-minded to the......not so intelligent.

I'm a moderate libertarian, working on my physics major at a university.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Hi. I'm a gay left wing fringe nut atheist.

I believe in having socialized medicine, for gays to have equal rights in everything (like marriage) and for the american automotive industry to fail because I hate their cars and I think the funding would be better spent to create good public transit. I think Michael Moore makes many valid points in some of his films, like the one for health care.

Also, I like pie. Key lime pie.

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Hi,

butterbattle wrote:

You'll find that we have all kinds of individuals on this little website, from the extremely intelligent and open-minded to the......not so intelligent.

It doesn't take all kinds, we just have all kinds right?

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Hi. I'm a gay

ClockCat wrote:

I believe in having socialized medicine, for gays to have equal rights in everything (like marriage) and for the american automotive industry to fail because I hate their cars and I think the funding would be better spent to create good public transit. I think Michael Moore makes many valid points in some of his films, like the one for health care.

Welcome! :D

Well, you're either being very sarcastic or you're functionally retarded.

But you can't be all bad, who doesn't like Key Lime Pie?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Welcome! :D

Well, you're either being very sarcastic or you're functionally retarded.

But you can't be all bad, who doesn't like Key Lime Pie?

I assure you, he's quite serious...

And since we're doing a confessional

Im a paranoid schizophrenic sociopath, whos political spectrum is all over the chart, a follower of the Khornate religion, and i love long walks on the beach...

... what? o_O i like the beach, ok? yeesh... so judgemental >.>

What Would Kharn Do?

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:I

The Doomed Soul wrote:

I assure you, he's quite serious...

And since we're doing a confessional

Im a paranoid schizophrenic sociopath, whos political spectrum is all over the chart, a follower of the Khornate religion, and i love long walks on the beach...

... what? o_O i like the beach, ok? yeesh... so judgemental >.>

I penciled in Cthulhu for the last Presidential election.

I wonder if anyone took an actual tally of the penciled in selections?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Troubleshooter wrote: I

Troubleshooter wrote:

I penciled in Cthulhu for the last Presidential election.

I wonder if anyone took an actual tally of the penciled in selections?

Because you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you have to vote for a

If you have to vote for a bad guy you may as well go all the way, eh?

Sticking out tongue

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

It doesn't take all kinds, we just have all kinds right?

Yep.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
<in a low, despondent

<in a low, despondent voice>"Hello Troubleshooter........"

Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:<in a low,

Abu Lahab wrote:

Emo?

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is no god...and

There is no god...and monogamy sucks.

Welcome Mr. Troubleshooter...

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Troubleshooter wrote:Abu

Troubleshooter wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

Emo?

Closer to Elmo than Emo.

Welcome!

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais