My humble conribution

arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
My humble conribution

 Please learn about me at http://www.angeloftruth.  I am 67 years ahead of you on the subject of this site and a hard core skeptic of all things because of the discovery of the sea of lies that we are engulfed in 24/7.  I am also a skeptic of myself and cordially invite critiques and analysis of all that I say.  So far as my views into the future that I have been afforded throughout my life, I was warned two months ago that I was in grave danger of dying, and am writing this with great difficulty wearing a neck brace after breaking my neck, back, ribs. teeth, right arm and hand one month ago where I came within a millimeter of dying in  a fall.  Read my site, be amused, be angered, be informed, ...whatever... I am all about truth, facts, and reality and immune to insults.

arthur king, the voice of god


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote:I'm

arthur king wrote:

I'm considering expanding it into a book.

Please consider suicide first.


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 Are you a prime example of

 Are you a prime example of the intellect that is to be found here?  I was invited to join.  Would you like to know who invited me so you may kill her?  What do YOU consider to be YOUR contribution to this site?  Most atheists I have encountered have had superior IQs.  What are YOU doing here?????????

arthur king, the voice of god


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: Are you

arthur king wrote:

 Are you a prime example of the intellect that is to be found here?  I was invited to join.  Would you like to know who invited me so you may kill her?  What do YOU consider to be YOUR contribution to this site?  Most atheists I have encountered have had superior IQs.  What are YOU doing here?????????

Although you didn't quote me I'll assume you addressed that set of questions to me.

 

I personally couldn't give a fuck who invited you, they are not the one posting self-delusory bollocks.

 

Why so many questions? Doesn't god give you all the answers?

 

arthur king wrote:
...and immune to insults.

 

Ahem........

 

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: Are you

arthur king wrote:

 Are you a prime example of the intellect that is to be found here?  I was invited to join.  Would you like to know who invited me so you may kill her?  What do YOU consider to be YOUR contribution to this site?  Most atheists I have encountered have had superior IQs.  What are YOU doing here?????????

 

Its like hes talking to me about my imaginary post!

What Would Kharn Do?


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 Don't judge me until you

arthur king, the voice of god


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: Don't

 

Sorry, self plugging just makes me more judge'y

What Would Kharn Do?


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 ...and your purpose here?

 ...and your purpose here? ...to trip everyone who walks into the door?  Whose side are you on?  ...a theocratic fifth columnist. eh?  Only religionists are so single minded...

arthur king, the voice of god


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: ...and

arthur king wrote:

 ...and your purpose here?

 

Entertainment

 

arthur king wrote:

...to trip everyone who walks into the door?  

Only if theres a staircase behind it

 

arthur king wrote:

Whose side are you on?  

... my own?

What Would Kharn Do?


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 ...looks like the

 ...looks like the possibility of information exchange and debate is rather remote here, like the inside of a church.

 

Sad waste.

arthur king, the voice of god


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3719
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: Don't

I think people would mock and insult you even more after they read those.

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: ...looks

arthur king wrote:

 ...looks like the possibility of information exchange and debate is rather remote here, like the inside of a church.

 

Sad waste.

Read a few of the RSS links, have a quite few moments on your own then come back and debate.

All you've done so far is throw up a couple of nonsensical links and expect panty-wetting converts.

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time!

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 "I think people would mock

 "I think people would mock and insult you even more after they read those."

 

Not news to me.  I have endured christian brick bats, live ammo, and firebombs.  BTY, they love firebombs the most, a practice they started tens of centuries ago when they once legally burned people alive in public demonstrations of the power and tyranny of the church.

 

You must be a hard core christian 'believer'.  I find christian saboteurs lurking in all of these so-called 'atheist' sites, and most 'liberal' groups and sites.  They are easy to ID.

 

arthur king, the voice of god


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 "All you've done so far is

 "All you've done so far is throw up a couple of nonsensical links and expect panty-wetting converts."

 

So far, this looks like a christian spoof site where they try to suck in atheists and start the prcess of making christian managed slaves of them.  Where are the atheists?  Is anybody here but you door-guard tyrocratic trolls????? 

 

arthur king, the voice of god


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 RSS???

 RSS???


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
I'm not spending my valuable

I'm not spending my valuable time further critiquing your pathetic, self-delusory site.

 

You are either mentally ill, in which case I can't help you, or you're taking the piss, and you don't need any help.

Door-guard tyrocratic troll? Hardly, just giving you feedback.

 

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: RSS???I

arthur king wrote:

 RSS???

I sincerely apologize, I meant RRS, but as I'm busy I posted before I spell-checked.

 

 

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3719
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote:You must

arthur king wrote:

You must be a hard core christian 'believer'.

 

I'm an atheist.

Quote:
They are easy to ID.

 


But, all the people you've identified as Christian spies so far have been atheists.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote: But,

butterbattle wrote:

 

But, all the people you've identified as Christian spies so far have been atheists.

 

He has a rare gift.....and one he hasn't manage to master.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 "I'm not spending my

 "I'm not spending my valuable time further critiquing your pathetic, self-delusory site."

 

Please itemize that which you see as self delusory.  I assume that you have not actually read any of it.  Your demeanor is exactly that of the clandestine christian fanatical troll.  You cannot give feedback if that which you have no knowledge.

 

arthur king, the voice of god


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 butterbattle, are you the

 butterbattle, are you the only thing I am going to find here?  Do you try to dead-end every new poster?  Christians are famous for denying and trying to prevent diversity, and that seems to be your schricth.  I bring comfort and substance for atheists, and you reply with hysterics.  How is your membership growing? ...or is it?????

 

arthur king, the voice of god


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 "I think people would mock

 "I think people would mock and insult you even more after they read those."

 

Yes, christians are quite taken aback by it...

 

arthur king, the voice of god


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: "I'm not

arthur king wrote:

 "I'm not spending my valuable time further critiquing your pathetic, self-delusory site."

 

Please itemize that which you see as self delusory.  I assume that you have not actually read any of it.  Your demeanor is exactly that of the clandestine christian fanatical troll.  You cannot give feedback if that which you have no knowledge.

 

Your assumtion is incorrect, but I did read enough to invalidate any further research.

[edit]No, not getting drawn in. Goodbye.

 

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3719
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote:

arthur king wrote:

 butterbattle, are you the only thing I am going to find here?

No. Peruse the other active threads, and you'll find lots of interesting material, much more conversation than you'll find in this thread. Many posters probably consider it a waste of time to respond to you.

Quote:
Do you try to dead-end every new poster?

I'm not sure what that means. I simply write what I think.

Quote:
Christians are famous for denying and trying to prevent diversity, and that seems to be your schricth.

How?

Quote:
I bring comfort and substance for atheists, and you reply with hysterics.  How is your membership growing? ...or is it?????

A man that claims to be the voice of God does not bring me comfort; it makes me want to bang my head on a wall. You definitely don't bring much substance either. 

In "Evolution and the Christian lies about it," you wrote:

Quote:
Mankind has now brought the evolution of life on Earth to an end by taking physical, logical control of it.

This is incorrect. Organisms are still reproducing with variation; ergo, evolution is still happening. Mankind has not brought evolution to an end. Indeed, mankind itself will evolve.

In "The ten commandments and their support of slavery," you started pulling assertions out of thin air. The OT does support slavery, but this has absolutely nothing to do with some of the commandments. For example, you wrote:

Quote:
5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

You shall never escape the fact that you are a member of the servant race, that you are born into it and can never change by disavowing your birth lineage. You are a heredetary slave of the land, a serf, from which you will never escape. You must replace the value of your father to the landlord when he dies with yourself.

When the commandment states, honor thy mother and father, that's what it means. Your drivel about servant race, etc. is a complete non sequitur that has nothing to do with the commandment. The same is true of several of the other commandments that you critiqued.   

What else? Oh, "Who am I and why do I claim to be the voice of God?" is a great example.

Quote:
When I was about four years old, I started having what I thought was imaginary 'conversations" with some unknown entity.

It was imaginary.

Quote:
This unknown 'entity' told me that I had been selected for special purposes, that I would be cared for and protected and taught all that I needed to know all the days of my life. He furthermore told me that I would always have all that I ever wanted. He showed me images of what I would look like when I grew older. He said that he was not from my imagination, and that he would provide proof of who he was every time we had a 'conversation' by telling me something that would happen in the future, and when that event happened, I would know that it was not my imagination making things up.

No, he didn't.

Quote:
From then until now, every prediction that he has made to me has come true.

No, they haven't or they were so vague that it was inevitable. There's no way for anyone else to verify this anyways.

Quote:
By the time I was 14 I knew all about lasers and how to build a nuclear weapon.

Uuuhh, no you didn't.

Quote:
You would die rather than violate your ethics, so now I can tell you the rest of the story.

Hahaha, that's so stupid.

Quote:
I passed the test, now I am rich and spreading the word. I started putting money in mutual funds, and every fund I picked paid huge dividends. Another 'gurdian angel' popped up in 1991 and caused me to make piles of money for the next several years.

If you're rich, why don't you have a better website?  

Quote:
To use the internet to spread the truth about god, and the universe, and humanity around the world and help destroy that tyrannical organization known as 'religion'.

You're doing a crappy job of it. How many hits to you get per month? 50?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 arthur king

 arthur king wrote:

 

 butterbattle, are you the only thing I am going to find here?

 

No. Peruse the other active threads, and you'll find lots of interesting material, much more conversation than you'll find in this thread. Many posters probably consider it a waste of time to respond to you.

 

So they all believe the christian bullshit eh?

 

Quote:
Do you try to dead-end every new poster?

 

I'm not sure what that means. I simply write what I think.

 

I'm peeking in and see nothing but closed minded trolls. 

 

Quote:
Christians are famous for denying and trying to prevent diversity, and that seems to be your schricth.

 

How?

 

You are 100% negative without giving any consideration to what I present.

 

Quote:
I bring comfort and substance for atheists, and you reply with hysterics.  How is your membership growing? ...or is it?????

 

 

 

A man that claims to be the voice of God does not bring me comfort; it makes me want to bang my head on a wall. You definitely don't bring much substance either. 

 

So, you believe the whole christian bag of lies?

 

In "Evolution and the Christian lies about it," you wrote:

 

Quote:
Mankind has now brought the evolution of life on Earth to an end by taking physical, logical control of it.

 

This is incorrect. Organisms are still reproducing with variation; ergo, evolution is still happening. Mankind has not brought evolution to an end. Indeed, mankind itself will evolve.

 

Mankind has superceded evolution by inventing ways to bypass natural evolution which takes many decades.  We can accomplish genetic modifications almost instantly.  

In "The ten commandments and their support of slavery," you started pulling assertions out of thin air. The OT does support slavery, but this has absolutely nothing to do with some of the commandments. For example, you wrote:

 

Quote:
5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

 

You shall never escape the fact that you are a member of the servant race, that you are born into it and can never change by disavowing your birth lineage. You are a heredetary slave of the land, a serf, from which you will never escape. You must replace the value of your father to the landlord when he dies with yourself.

 

When the commandment states, honor thy mother and father, that's what it means. Your drivel about servant race, etc. is a complete non sequitur that has nothing to do with the commandment. The same is true of several of the other commandments that you critiqued. 

 

The "commandments" was an important element of the social glue that held judaeism together.  The Romans used it for the same purpose in maintaining the loyalty of the slaves (serfs) to their lords, and to their own separate culture from which they could not escape.  The Romans used imposed poverty, ignorance, and terror to control the slaves, and this became part of the terror.

 

What else? Oh, "Who am I and why do I claim to be the voice of God?" is a great example.

 

Quote:
When I was about four years old, I started having what I thought was imaginary 'conversations" with some unknown entity.

 

It was imaginary.

 

Quote:
This unknown 'entity' told me that I had been selected for special purposes, that I would be cared for and protected and taught all that I needed to know all the days of my life. He furthermore told me that I would always have all that I ever wanted. He showed me images of what I would look like when I grew older. He said that he was not from my imagination, and that he would provide proof of who he was every time we had a 'conversation' by telling me something that would happen in the future, and when that event happened, I would know that it was not my imagination making things up.

 

No, he didn't.

 

...but he has kept his word... I started life looking at a mule's ass 12 hours a day and had my own home, a Porsche, and a private plane by age 25, have lived my life with a truly trophy wife, and can have anything I want by simply wishing for it, which can be very dangerous.  I had to quit 'wishing'.  

 

Quote:
From then until now, every prediction that he has made to me has come true.

 

No, they haven't or they were so vague that it was inevitable. There's no way for anyone else to verify this anyways.

 

I have learned over the years that the only way to predict the future is to tap in on the plans of others, or gain controlling influence over them.

 

Quote:
By the time I was 14 I knew all about lasers and how to build a nuclear weapon.

 

Uuuhh, no you didn't.

 

...and just how do you know that?  I proposed uses for a laser in 1952 and determined that if it was used to build an outer-space power plant that it would effect global warming adversely.   

 

Quote:
You would die rather than violate your ethics, so now I can tell you the rest of the story.

 

Hahaha, that's so stupid.

I told you that  was a skeptic, even of myself.

 

 

Quote:
I passed the test, now I am rich and spreading the word. I started putting money in mutual funds, and every fund I picked paid huge dividends. Another 'gurdian angel' popped up in 1991 and caused me to make piles of money for the next several years.

 

If you're rich, why don't you have a better website?  

 

Quote:
To use the internet to spread the truth about god, and the universe, and humanity around the world and help destroy that tyrannical organization known as 'religion'.

 

You're doing a crappy job of it. How many hits to you get per month? 50?

 

All of this is just my explanation for my ambition to do what it is that I do, and you cannot know how true any of it is.  Anyway, it is unimportant, the history of capitalism and christianity is what is the real subject here. The internet is still in it's developmental stages.  Don't need greet wealth for a site.  I'm still experimenting, and all of this is part of the experiment.  I so far have caused others to spend an unknown amount of money to try to censor me.  Should I write a book?  I have already determined that I need to include lots more details about how I arrived at my conclusions.

 

arthur king, the voice of god


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3719
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
arthur king wrote: So they

arthur king wrote:

So they all believe the christian bullshit eh?

No, most of them are atheists.

arthur king wrote:
I'm peeking in and see nothing but closed minded trolls.

If open-minded means believing that you're the voice of God without evidence, then virtually everyone you find on the Internet will be closed-minded. Sorry.

arthur king wrote:
You are 100% negative without giving any consideration to what I present.

What exactly am I supposed to consider here?

butterbattle wrote:
A man that claims to be the voice of God does not bring me comfort; it makes me want to bang my head on a wall. You definitely don't bring much substance either.

arthur king wrote:
So, you believe the whole christian bag of lies?

No, I'm an atheist. We've already gone over this.

arthur king wrote:
Mankind has superceded evolution by inventing ways to bypass natural evolution which takes many decades.  We can accomplish genetic modifications almost instantly.

We now have the technology to modify genes, but our understanding of the human genome, as well as most other organisms, is hazy at best. Our knowledge pertaining to what gene codes for what is still insufficient.

Either way, my point still stands. Organisms are still evolving; humans have not stopped the process of evolution. Also, since evolution is just change in genetic material, new species produced by artificial selection is still evolution.

arthur king wrote:
The "commandments" was an important element of the social glue that held judaeism together.  The Romans used it for the same purpose in maintaining the loyalty of the slaves (serfs) to their lords, and to their own separate culture from which they could not escape.  The Romans used imposed poverty, ignorance, and terror to control the slaves, and this became part of the terror.

I mostly agree, but your interpretation of the fifth commandment is still a non sequitur.

arthur king wrote:
...but he has kept his word... I started life looking at a mule's ass 12 hours a day and had my own home, a Porsche, and a private plane by age 25, have lived my life with a truly trophy wife, and can have anything I want by simply wishing for it, which can be very dangerous.  I had to quit 'wishing'.
 

Did you wish for anything else?

arthur king wrote:
...and just how do you know that?  I proposed uses for a laser in 1952 and determined that if it was used to build an outer-space power plant that it would effect global warming adversely.
 

If everything you've told me is true, then your name should hold some weight. Do you have a wikipedia article?

arthur king wrote:
All of this is just my explanation for my ambition to do what it is that I do, and you cannot know how true any of it is. Anyway, it is unimportant, the history of capitalism and christianity is what is the real subject here. The internet is still in it's developmental stages. Don't need greet wealth for a site. I'm still experimenting, and all of this is part of the experiment. I so far have caused others to spend an unknown amount of money to try to censor me. Should I write a book? I have already determined that I need to include lots more details about how I arrived at my conclusions.
 

 

I agree with most of your main points regarding Christianity. However, I disagree with much of what you wrote regarding socialism and capitalism because I'm a moderate libertarian. I support a mostly capitalistic economic system with some socialistic elements. Some government oversight of business. Personal freedom + economic freedom. To me, many idealistic economic and political systems look good on paper, but fail miserably when put into practice due to the imperfections of human nature. Of course, this is simply my opinion and does not represent the views of this website. This is simply an atheist site without any political affiliation, so you're going to run into all kinds of people. 

Anyways, I recommend that you do not write a book. No offense, but I think that if your book sells at all, it will be because people read it just for the entertainment value. I mean, come on, voice of God? Eh...

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


arthur king
Posts: 50
Joined: 2009-06-19
User is offlineOffline
 "No, I'm an atheist. We've

 "No, I'm an atheist. We've already gone over this."

 

Much of what you say indicates that christian bullshit is the basis of much of what you 'believe'. ie: that god cares about what you do as an individual, there are default rights and wrongs (ie: sins) when the true definirion of 'sin' is human freedom. 

 

"...uses for a laser in 1952..."

The first ruby laser was not invented until 1959.  It did not even have a name until then.

 

Human slavery is toiling to make someone else rich.

Capitalism is taking from the poor and giving to the rich (causing others to work for your wealth)

Republicanism is a false front for capitalism.

Christianity is the slave control and enforcement organization for the capitalist slave system.

Christianity and republicanism are two sides of the same coin. 

Socialism is a system invented by christianity for the slaves to live by so they would expect not any help or compensation from the Roman aristocracy.  It was continued by the Bolsheviks because the Russian slaves were brain damaged by christian terror and could not be re-programmed for democracy and personal freedom

"Cheistianity" is the current day name for the Roman Empire.

All of the revolutions of the past 230 years were uprisings against the christian church.  We led them all.

 

...there is more... lots more

 

arthur king, the voice of god