Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool, cosmological argument

Cool, cosmological argument for dummies.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
The energy of the universe

The energy of the universe we can see is nothing, compared to it's unseen part. Only 4% of the matter and energy in the universe is visible, and we dare to draw any conclusions from it?
Well, I dare, because that ratio was already expressed in esoteric cosmology, well before the concept of dark matter appeared. For various sources, that's decades, centuries or millenia in advance of modern science.
But as for the video, all the fuss of God vs. Universe, it seems to me like a conflict over definition. It will be no different, no matter how do we call it. It will do what it always did, create, persist, and destroy.

Even if we decide call the universe God, it won't mean that Jahweh is any more real, or that Dawkins is any less condescending dick. So I have to ask, what are the scientific implications for calling the universe God? Can any useful theory or equation be based on it, which will allow us to have free energy, control over matter, and interstellar travel?

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

Luminon...why do you post here?

I see you do it again and again..it can't be a mistake at this point.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Luminon...why

ClockCat wrote:

Sh**#&%!t, again? I've got to ask the web designer to broaden the Super tracker thing.. There's type, title, replies, author and last post, but there is nowhere written in what section of the forum it is. Sometimes I just forget to look at the top of page. (specially when I'm all immersed in reading at the bottom) All right, I step out.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Pro tip: At the bottom of the original post, it gives a hint about what forum you are in as well as the next topic in that forum.

Like at this moment, the OP in this thread is

‹ NO THEISTS ALLOWED TO POST IN THIS FORUM Would you allow your children to attend church? ›

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually, that Video is a

Actually, that Video is a better explaination for the existance of "Galactus" from the Fantastic Four comics... and even if one were to aquiesce to this flawed logic, nowhere does it suggest a "god" who either loves us, or remotely gives a shit about us, rather Earth would be just another planet in "his" collection...neither does the eternal god/energy suggest why he would have a son and allow him to be nailed to a hunk of wood for our sins...

This rund hole /square peg phenomenon is typical whenever theists try to make science fit into their fairy tale.

However I will admit this much, there is a lot of science that we (and me in particular) don't yet understand.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

peppermint wrote:

Very strange physics in that universe. I wonder which universe they are talking about?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who's the girl doing the eye

Who's the girl doing the eye rolling?

She's hot.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why there's an elephant in

Why there's an elephant in the classroom is what's intriguing me!

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:ClockCat

Luminon wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Sh**#&%!t, again? I've got to ask the web designer to broaden the Super tracker thing.. There's type, title, replies, author and last post, but there is nowhere written in what section of the forum it is. Sometimes I just forget to look at the top of page. (specially when I'm all immersed in reading at the bottom) All right, I step out.

If it's any consolation, I hate the fucktards that point it out just 'cause.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.