Should Atheists commit to Terrorism?

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Should Atheists commit to Terrorism?

DISCLAIMER TO THE F.B.I WHO MIGHT BE READING THIS: 100% hypothetical, I love mankind, America, and the F.B.I. ;o

I can see only three possible outcomes for out future in regards to theism:

1. Religion slowly dies away.

2. We kill each other. Boom.

3. THROUGH killing each other, we unite and reshape humanity without religion.

I would hope number 1 is the most likely outcome, but I was wondering if people sped up the process for number 3, if that might save us from number 2. Now, you could say it might speed up number 2, but I think that depends on how you do it. Let's consider the details:

- NO ACTS OF TERRORISM would be in the name of ATHEISM. In fact, they would be masked as one of the major religions. The last thing Atheism needs is religious people uniting against it.

- Limiting human casualities would be a priority. Now of course, people would have to die to send forth a message, but (as bad as this sounds) keeping the number high enough for outrage, but low enough to avoid retribution would be the goal.

- Targets would have to create a sense of futility and frustration. For example, when terrorists bomb UN stations, that's expected and doesn't really shape the minds of those in the country. However, blowing up a church in the same country while claiming to be terrorists FROM that country could cause those living there to speak up and fight back. People at this level wouldn't be able to do any MAJOR damage like nuclear holocaust, but they would be able to dissolve the efforts of terrorist cells in their respective countries.

- Targets in countries like the United States would be very similar. Say for example, abortion clinic bombings. The citizens would be made to believe it was from fundamentalist christian networks instead of islamic radicals. Now, unlike arabic countries, the terrorist threat is imaginary here. Meaning, the people in the United States wouldn't have to fight back against specific militants but instead against religious parties. Since no one group would specifically be blamed, it would lead to verbal discourse and a loss of interest in the church. It's possible christian leaders or their members could become targets for retaliation in isolated incidents, but I don't think so. If you keep the number smaller in the United States than say Pakistan, I think people could actually live with the losses without feeling obligated to commit violence. After all, we watch the news every day and see small numbers of people getting killed domestically while barely flinching.

- The number and locations of the attacks would be planned, but appear sporadic. No need arising suspicion of a secular terrorist network. The terrorist networks would infilitrate the media in all outlets (have people inside for spin control) to help send the message home without deviation.

- In congruence with the efforts of these terrorists, respected worldly nonbelievers like Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris would speak up not against religion SPECIFICALLY, but the violence associated with irrationality and faith-based society. Careful attention to detail would be prudent. No mention of atheism, ever. It's important to remember that people are naturally atheistic and that labels make targets.

- Lastly, the act of KILLING people doesn't necessarily have to be the method used in this attack. I mention it, because it seems to be what best communicates worldwide. Not to sound cheesy, but if you could use landmarks (like in V for Vendetta) or strategical attacks on important logistical facilities (like when the pentagon was attacked during 9/11) that would obviously be the best course of action.

Let it be known, I hate violence but we shouldn't ignore the reality that countless lives have been lost FOR NOTHING. You could easily write a history book with ONLY the details of murder, rape, pillaging, intolerance, and suffering that we've committed on ourselves. CAN we enlighten people through understanding? I hope so, but if our primal instincts are too overbearing for reason, does this really sound THAT ridiculous? That classic adage, "the pen is mightier than the sword," will certainly be put to the test in our near future.

Thoughts?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:  Words are

ClockCat wrote:

Words are important.

Eh... mines still better

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:The Flying

ClockCat wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

I hope you're sitting down for this, but when I'm typing late at night on a website that will most likely be taken down very soon, I don't care about minor spelling errors. Next.

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

Lol, surely I'm not the only poster here who knows what has gone down on this site...

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/RRS

I just feel sorry for subscribers who have been dumping money into the "site."

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

ClockCat wrote:

I hope you're sitting down for this, but when I'm typing late at night on a website that will most likely be taken down very soon, I don't care about minor spelling errors. Next.

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

Lol, surely I'm not the only poster here who knows what has gone down on this site...

encyclopediadramatica is lol.

But really, I don't see anything about the forums being taken down.

I think you believe things you read on the internet too much. Even if what is on there is true, it doesn't make any difference to me. I use the forum, that is it. I could care less about any of the owner's personal activities.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

I think you believe things you read on the internet too much. Even if what is on there is true, it doesn't make any difference to me. I use the forum, that is it. I could care less about any of the owner's personal activities.

No no no...I only posted that link because it has most of the information on it. I already understand that they put their own spin on the opinions on the page and some of the information. However, everything that's on that site about the RRS can be found in lots of locations. Google any of the information.

Lol... http://gallys.scorevideos.com/flvs/KaseyGrant_24792/011?nats=1226731:cf:scorevideos&page=main.php

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

No no no...I only posted that link because it has most of the information on it. I already understand that they put their own spin on the opinions on the page and some of the information. However, everything that's on that site about the RRS can be found in lots of locations. Google any of the information.

Lol... (not posting the link)

...and this is important to me how? Where do you see the forums being taken down soon? How does what they do in their personal lives matter to me?

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

...and this is important to me how? Where do you see the forums being taken down soon? How does what they do in their personal lives matter to me?

Uhm, I don't think you get it. I don't care what happens in their personal lives, what I'm saying is if they're the driving force behind the site and they're no longer here, someone has to pay the server fees. The forums are part of the website. What are you missing?

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

..eh what?

taken down very soon?

Uhm, I don't think you get it. I don't care what happens in their personal lives, what I'm saying is if they're the driving force behind the site and they're no longer here, someone has to pay the server fees. The forums are part of the website. What are you missing?

$3000 was donated just before I joined the forums (on the front page). The ads should be enough with that to keep the forums running for a long time.

It's not like these forums take a huge amount of bandwith.

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:$3000 was

ClockCat wrote:

$3000 was donated just before I joined the forums (on the front page). The ads should be enough with that to keep the forums running for a long time.

It's not like these forums take a huge amount of bandwith.

Lol, according to sources the majority of the money raised didn't even go towards the site, but towards financing certain people. But yes, it doesn't take a lot to keep a site like this running. However, the "Rational Response Squad" without the "Squad" is just a leftover forum. Whatever admins that are still here are probably just milking what assets they can until they have to sell the site, which may or may not stay the same. Don't get me wrong, I listened to the broadcasts of the RRS and I enjoyed it. The people here seem awesome, but there's nasty rumors supported my lots of sources. We're just burning fumes right now. When's the last time you even saw Sapient post?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was thinkin about live'ing

I was thinkin about live'ing up this conversation... but then i thought to myself...

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
FBI reading That is funny

FBI reading Laughing out loud That is funny Smiling To the FBI - I am unstable, sociopathic, murderous terrorist. So come and get me, if you can. Sticking out tongue

I have a big fear - government, the cold meddling with our lives bitch.Government is meddling with our lives and it will only get worse and religion is one of control tactics.

Anyway I find the whole concept, of handful of chosen people juggling with the lives of the whole, a really scary one. It simply does not ensure freedom of the people. So if I knew that by killing a few innocent peoples I could end this, then I would surely sacrifise them and myself. Terrorism is not a purely religious phenomenon and I bet that every single person in the world has something for which they would kill and die without regret.