Do Catholic priests masturbate a lot?

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline

I heard this “story” of a lady confessant asking the priest inside the confessionary to forgive her masturbating habits not knowing that the priest was doing it all the time while hearing confession. Don’t know if it’s true.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where do you think the

Where do you think the expression 'flogging the bishop' came from?

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline

Q: Do Catholic priests masturbate a lot?

A: Compared to whom?

Oh, and I would hazard a guess that the answer is "No", that's what the priests have altar boys for.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Compared to nuns, bishops,

Naturally compared to nuns, bishops, cardinals and the very popes of all time! [Jesus & disciples, too?]

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure they masturbate

I'm sure they masturbate just as much as the rest of us. Some might do it more that once a day while others might only do it once or twice a week. I'm sure some don't masturbate at all but then again there are normaly people who don't either.

They're human too and we all do these things. Personally I don't see how they could keep sane without masturbation or sex. I can't even see myself living without either or how they could have never at least tried it.

sanying (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
do catholic priests masturbate?

The Vow of Chastity pressure-cooks up their sexual desires! Confession 'purifies' them. Therefore Catholic priests are Champion Masturbators!

For the same reasons, they are Champion Fornicators with men, women and, last but not least: altar boys!  They have been at it for two thousand years,  only the Internet Age has exposed them!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Priests

Are men. I think you can safely say celibacy would be doing their fucking heads in same as it does to every married guy.

I think in Australia there was a poll done which showed many priests have girlfriends and a good number are secretly married or in long term relationships.

It's a dumb rule the vatican introduced in the 1600s, probably as a cost cutting measure.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Almost Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Are men. I think you can safely say celibacy would be doing their fucking heads in same as it does to every married guy.

I think in Australia there was a poll done which showed many priests have girlfriends and a good number are secretly married or in long term relationships.

It's a dumb rule the vatican introduced in the 1600s, probably as a cost cutting measure.

It was long before the 1600's and the reason was that the church {The Pope} did not want his power to disapate because mere priests bequithed their parrishes (church property) to their children.   Official celibacy ment NO LIGITIMATE heirs to church property.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

It was long before the 1600's and the reason was that the church {The Pope} did not want his power to disapate because mere priests bequithed their parrishes (church property) to their children.   Official celibacy ment NO LIGITIMATE heirs to church property.

Thanks for straightening that out Jeffrick - I knew it had something to do with money...note to self...google before firing from hip...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck