Ironic?

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ironic?

I notice a lot of religious advertisments on this website. Why does such an anti-religious website put them up? Just curious. 

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: I

marshalltenbears wrote:

I notice a lot of religious advertisments on this website. Why does such an anti-religious website put them up? Just curious. 

I frequent a site that is clearly anti-islam and they chuck up muslim dating sites and whatnot.

I think you'll find it's generated by the hosting company. Or it's god fucking with us.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ad-hosting company + google

Ad-hosting company + google engine = very... very bad things...

Just the mention of Fat Chubby Gay dating, will net you Fat Chubby Gay dating websites...

(Seriously...)

Theres a limit on how many ads can be blocked, so... shit outa luck -_-

What Would Kharn Do?

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Its for the money. The site

Its for the money. The site gets money and religious orginizations wasts theirs on ineffective ad placement. So it's win-win for atheists.

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Its for the money. The site

Its for the money. The site gets money and religious orginizations wasts theirs on ineffective ad placement. So it's win-win for atheists.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote: Just

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Just the mention of Fat Chubby Gay dating, will net you Fat Chubby Gay dating websites...

(Seriously...)

You did that on purpose and you damned well know it.  You also beat me to the punch, except that I was going to call for fake bestiality ads myself.  Just how many sites do you think carry mrhands.mpg anyway?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Just how many sites do you think carry mrhands.mpg anyway?

This has me intruiged... do explain ^_^

What Would Kharn Do?

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
 i figured that they just

i figured that they just did it for ad revenue. Why not let them help pay for the site. 

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: i

marshalltenbears wrote:

i figured that they just did it for ad revenue. Why not let them help pay for the site. 

Well, they dont have much control of it... but that IS the irony

What Would Kharn Do?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab

Abu Lahab wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

I frequent a site that is clearly anti-islam and they chuck up muslim dating sites and whatnot.

I think you'll find it's generated by the hosting company. Or it's god fucking with us.

Scratch "us". We meant "them".

Uhhh...

Scratch "We". We meant "them".

Uhhh...

Didn't we just say that?

Fuck it. "We" is "them".
Got it?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Stosis wrote:Its for the

Stosis wrote:

We know.

Uhhh.....

We meant "they".

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: i

marshalltenbears wrote:

Finally!

We got it right! Yea!

(We mean they, of course.)

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Just to be clear, here's

Just to be clear, here's how it works:

Google-Ads is supposed to provide you with revenue by putting up ads that reflect the tastes of your audience, based on information you provide them as well as the content of individual pages.  That's why all the threads about dating and marriage come up with ads for dating sites and such.

In Google's infinite wisdom, they have a ban-cap of 200.  That means we can only block 200 advertisers from showing up.  Unfortunately, there are about 10,000 Christian ads for every 1 atheist ad, so there's no way to block all the Christian ads.  We can only block the 200 most annoying ones.

In most cases, these ads are about click-throughs and purchases associated with the site, not just views, so we're actually not making any money off all the Christian ads.  Go Google!  However, the income that we do get is significant enough that it's still worth the annoyance.

If you're interested in helping us out with your online purchases, the easiest thing to do is the Amazon one.  If you click through us to get to Amazon (left sidebar), a portion of anything you purchase during that visit will be donated to us.  Win-win, as somebody said.  You get what you were going to buy anyway, and we get a little bit of the money from the purchase.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

marshalltenbears
User is offlineOffline
 Now it is all clear to

Now it is all clear to me. 

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Just how many sites do you think carry mrhands.mpg anyway?

This has me intruiged... do explain ^_^

JFGI.

He died a ferw hours later from the event.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well their brilliant

Well their brilliant marketing strategy worked... after having seen a Christian advertisment here at RRS I immediatly ran out and bought myself a Jesus bobble-head for my dashboard...

...as per the religion Matrix...