What would you say to god?

marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
What would you say to god?

 If it turns out that we nonbelievers were wrong about the whole thing, what would you say to god? Let us assume that it is the christian god that we get to met. What questions would you ask?

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
How drunk were you when you

How drunk were you when you invented the platypus?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
I think i would probably

I think i would probably just laugh at him, then go see what Satan was up to...


hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
Posts: 219
Joined: 2008-04-02
User is offlineOffline
Probably something to the

Probably something to the effect of, "WTF are gnats for asshole?!"


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
I would say, "for a God who

I would say, "for a God who needs so much praise and adoration, you'd think you wouldn't be so secretive about your existence."


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
I would tell him ''If you're

I would tell him ''If you're so smart, why the fuck did you put that snake there? You fucked us over, asshole!''

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:I would tell

SSBBJunky wrote:

I would tell him ''If you're so smart, why the fuck did you put that snake there? You fucked us over, asshole!''

 

On that line, what the fuck was the tree doing there in the first place?  Assuming that god is omnipowerful, the tree only has a point if he wants the apple to be eaten.  OTOH, if he did not want the tree but had to put it in somehow, why not put it in an inaccessible place like the top of a mountain or something?

 

No, he put it right in the middle of everything, where it was easy to get to.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
Good point, and what's even

Good point, and what's even more disturbing, is if he knows what's coming then he put it there with the intention on us eating the apple and casting us out of paradise. Which also means, he knew he would have to sacrifice his son to later save us. That's gotta be an interesting dinner-side conversation up in Heaven between Jesus and God...

"So God, you created mankind knowing you would later have to crucify me all so you could pretend humans have free will, even though they obviously don't because you can see into the future and knew what choice they would make, when instead they could have just skipped the entire "mortal existence thing" and enjoyed paradise immediately? Are you stupid?"

That's assuming God and Jesus aren't the same entity up in Heaven (I never really understood the Trinity concept). I just assumed God has multiple personalities and Jesus is one of them.

So essentially, God didn't give up his "only begotten son," but instead murdered him. Yep, that's right. When you can see what's coming you're not exactly letting go but putting into motion.

But forget all of that, if you have the powers of God, sacrificing your son doesn't even make sense when there's an infinite amount of better ways to solve the problem. This entire discussion pisses me off, I'm done.

 


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3804
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Don't Christians just annoy

Don't Christians just annoy the hell out of you too? 


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Why do atheists and

Why do atheists and religious people both think that they are better than each other and in the process demostrate how big dicks they all are?

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: If

marshalltenbears wrote:

 If it turns out that we nonbelievers were wrong about the whole thing, what would you say to god? Let us assume that it is the christian god that we get to met. What questions would you ask?

 

Greetings Marshall,

Sorry but it's just not possible that we're wrong. There is no such critter as god. It's just not possible.
While I enjoy fantastic tales, I don't think it's healthy to entertain fantasy role playing games where theology is concerned. Theology of any odor is cancerous and evil and shouldn't be played with.

Respectfully,
Lenny

"The righteous rise, With burning eyes, Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies, To beat and burn and kill"
Witch Hunt from the album Moving Pictures. Neal Pert, Rush


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
i'm not a theist. It was

i'm not a theist. It was just a question for fun.


Subdi Visions
Bronze Member
Subdi Visions's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2007-10-29
User is offlineOffline
:)

I understand you're not a theist. Smiling


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Subdi Visions wrote:Theology

...

 

 

 

 


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote: If

marshalltenbears wrote:

 If it turns out that we nonbelievers were wrong about the whole thing, what would you say to god? Let us assume that it is the christian god that we get to met. What questions would you ask?

What were you thinking?

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
Posts: 225
Joined: 2009-06-03
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Why do atheists

ZuS wrote:

Why do atheists and religious people both think that they are better than each other and in the process demostrate how big dicks they all are?

I find it odd that someone with a faceless (lol), flex-pic would have any room to comment on the bravado of other people. Especially while using such an avatar on a religious forum, but I'll just assume you're either a woman who's attracted to hot guys or a guy who's attracted to hot guys, since any other reasoning would imply either a superficial narcissistic identity, or deceit as you pass off someone else's body as your own.

To answer your question, religous people think they are better because they believe they are correct. While they might not feel superior directly, they do feel like theists from other religions are incorrect, giving them free reign to patronize other people. This doesn't account for all religous people (since not everyone falls into the generalization you absurdly asked about) but it's fairly accurate.

Atheists think they're better than believers because they usually are. I think the vast majority, as a whole, are more rational, more intelligent, and probably better in bed. Again, this is in congruence to your generalization, but I feel it's fairly accurate.

 


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:...Oh

manofmanynames wrote:

...

Oh come now... dont be shy! What would you say. ^_^


manofmanynames (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

*BAM*

Stupid crap erased.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
While we're off on flights

While we're off on flights of fancy, what if you found out the bottom half of the Mona Lisa was a beaver shot?

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
guess what?

Gauche wrote:

While we're off on flights of fancy, what if you found out the bottom half of the Mona Lisa was a beaver shot?

         Originally Da Vinci wanted to paint Mona Lisa La Gioconda in the nude , but Mona said "No Leo,   keep your pants on or I'' m  leaving the room."

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Conor Wilson
Posts: 451
Joined: 2008-01-07
User is offlineOffline
What I'd say would be:

"Couldn't you see to it that just one form of Christianity had its act together?  Just one?  Was that too much to ask?"

 

Conor


spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
Posts: 1018
Joined: 2008-10-24
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears wrote:What

marshalltenbears wrote:

What would you say to god?

I would probably ask him "What the hell is the point? Why the fuck would you create all these people knowing full well most would end up facing eternal hellfire? Are you really that much of an asshole?"

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace


A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

marshalltenbears wrote:
If it turns out that we nonbelievers were wrong about the whole thing, what would you say to god? Let us assume that it is the christian god that we get to met. What questions would you ask?

You are a lot different that all those assholes were saying about you.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:<

Why do you hate me so? :<


djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
Posts: 564
Joined: 2007-04-13
User is offlineOffline
how about "piss off"? 

how about "piss off"?

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Why did you allow Molly

Why did you allow Molly Klass and Adam Walsh to be butchered under your watch, not to mention 6 million Jews. Do you enjoy watching humans get tourtured?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Why did you

Brian37 wrote:

Why did you allow Molly Klass and Adam Walsh to be butchered under your watch, not to mention 6 million Jews. Do you enjoy watching humans get tourtured?

 

Because it was entertaining? and yes... yes i do...

 

 

... oh wait, you meant god >.> ... crud...

What Would Kharn Do?


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Define yourself.

Define yourself.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Why do atheists

ZuS wrote:

Why do atheists and religious people both think that they are better than each other and in the process demostrate how big dicks they all are?

When you were a kid, and were told by someone that Santa wasn't real, you probably thought they were a dick at the time, until you found out they were right and are glad now that at your age, you don't still believe such a silly story.

WE DO NOT FYI think we are better than Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists ect ect ect. Atheists do not have x-ray vision. We can't stop bullets with our bare chests. We cant fly with a mere cape.And we fart and shit and will die, just like any believer.

You can certainly look back on the Ancient Egyptians and their belief that the sun was a thinking being and rightfully put that in the category of myth? Why should current claims of the fantastic be given any less scrutiny than that which you use to reject Ra being the Sun god of the Egyptians?

Do you really believe that virgins can be knocked up by beings with no body or penis, or no second set of DNA? Do you really believe that an immaterial invisible brain floats around in the stars and manipulates and meddles in the affairs of humans and has Satan mess with our neurons making us do naughty things? Do you really believe that this invisible super brain whispers in humans ears telling them they have special rights over all others? Do you really believe that this invisible super brain in the stars will give you virgins?

Why should I be called a dick for saying "that is absurd"? Maybe they are being dicks to themselves by their own willful ignorance and intellectual cowardice in not considering that they are wrong?

If I said "The sky is purple"(and I really believed it)

And you responded, "That is bullshit, the sky is blue"

Are you being a dick for telling me the truth?

I thank people who correct my errors. If they didn't I wouldn't learn and would remain believing in false things.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15645
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Why do atheists

ZuS wrote:

Why do atheists and religious people both think that they are better than each other and in the process demostrate how big dicks they all are?

And what makes you think atheists don't criticise the claims other athiests make?

I have myself, as an atheist, ran into other atheists that believe that the Transporter from "Star Trec" is a possibility and THAT is an absurd claim, even if it came from an atheist.

And politically correct atheists scare the shit out of me because they don't realize, being surrounded by theists, that if they ask the government to force believers not to make fun of us, the believers will want the same, thus being in the majority, would fill the courts and jury pools and lawmakers and would get to decide what is or is not offensive.

I don't care what you believe, I care about what you can prove. I doubt anyone in their right mind would go to work and keep going if after their pay period passed and the boss didn't pay them, they'd blindly be hopefull that maybe someday they'd get paid.

I don't care if you are an atheist or a theist. If the claims you make are absurd, I am going to tell you they are absurd. Or do you like people lying to you? I don't.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Tube crunch or transistor

Tube crunch or transistor fuzz?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Brian37 wrote:

I have myself, as an atheist, ran into other atheists that believe that the Transporter from "Star Trec" is a possibility and THAT is an absurd claim, even if it came from an atheist.

 

 

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~wilkins/writing/Assign/topics/Q-trans-prl.pdf

 

What I've seen so far is the possible future capability of destroying the original copy in conversion into photons to store the information. So if it becomes possible to recreate it at the scale of a human, which would require more computing power than anything we have today combined, it would kill the person each and every time it was used. Then possibly be able to recreate them.

 

While it does seem it may be feasible, it doesn't sound like it would be very pleasant. It certainly would require a lot more knowledge than we have today. The only practical use for this that I could see us having is communications and computation purposes, which is what it appears is the goal as IBM is fervently researching it.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Fanas
Posts: 249
Joined: 2008-03-27
User is offlineOffline
I'd ask him to make a rock

I'd ask him to make a rock so heavy, that he couldn't lift it. Smiling


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3804
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Pretty much goes like this...

 

 


WBFL
Posts: 37
Joined: 2008-03-09
User is offlineOffline
How can he logically exist?

How can he logically exist? And if he didnt care about logic, why create it?


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
If the acumen of life's

If the acumen of life's experience turns out to be wrong, and there actually is a "Gawd" ...then all I would have to say to him would be:

 

"Thanks for War and Disease, Asshole"


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
 what does it mean when the

 what does it mean when the little folders turn red?


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
marshalltenbears

marshalltenbears wrote:

 what does it mean when the little folders turn red?

The topic hit a certain # of posts and became either a large topic or a hot topic... or some such

What Would Kharn Do?


marshalltenbears
marshalltenbears's picture
Posts: 223
Joined: 2009-02-19
User is offlineOffline
ok, got it.  

ok, got it. 

 


Zaq
atheist
Zaq's picture
Posts: 269
Joined: 2008-12-24
User is offlineOffline
Handshake

I would introduce myself and offer to shake his hand.


Stosis
Posts: 327
Joined: 2008-10-21
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

marshalltenbears wrote:

 what does it mean when the little folders turn red?

The topic hit a certain # of posts and became either a large topic or a hot topic... or some such

These questions are for god, not you...


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't say anything.

I wouldn't say anything.


spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
Posts: 1018
Joined: 2008-10-24
User is offlineOffline
Fanas wrote:I'd ask him to

Fanas wrote:

I'd ask him to make a rock so heavy, that he couldn't lift it. Smiling

LOLOLOLOL That'll show his omnipotent ass!

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

I'll just assume you're either a woman who's attracted to hot guys or a guy who's attracted to hot guys

Actually I'm a ridicilously hot guy attracted to hot women, but do go on Smiling

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

since any other reasoning would imply either a superficial narcissistic identity, or deceit as you pass off someone else's body as your own.

Not at all superficial, narcissistic to a degree. I tire of ad hominem, let's see what else u got.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

To answer your question, religous people think they are better because they believe they are correct. While they might not feel superior directly, they do feel like theists from other religions are incorrect, giving them free reign to patronize other people. This doesn't account for all religous people (since not everyone falls into the generalization you absurdly asked about) but it's fairly accurate.

Atheists think they're better than believers because they usually are. I think the vast majority, as a whole, are more rational, more intelligent, and probably better in bed. Again, this is in congruence to your generalization, but I feel it's fairly accurate.

Seems to me that both "groups" define themselves as correct and better-than-those-guys, which really doesn't say anything about what they are. Maybe they are not distinct groups at all, but a single big group of assholes prone to identifying themselves as correct and better-than-those-guys? That would certainly account for your reservation to my generalisation, since the not-included religious people would just not belong to this big ball of religious atheistic assholes.

Did I just call you an asshole? That depends really, do you believe to be correct and better-than-those-guys?

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
D:

ZuS wrote:

Actually I'm a ridicilously hot guy attracted to hot women, but do go on Smiling

 

You are just as attractive as treat is.

 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13133
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
The possibility seems so

The possibility seems so remote that it's like trying to imagine most supernatural shit. I can only go for a day or twos worth of questions before I have to start making shit up. Provided of course that his highnessness granted me that much (one logically assumes that infity would grant such a minor thing) before throwing me into the fire where I kill Satan and prepare my defenses for Doomed's arrival. As for what questions I'd ask, I'd know if it happened. Thinking about it has the potential to ruin a good mood.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:ZuS

ClockCat wrote:

ZuS wrote:

Actually I'm a ridicilously hot guy attracted to hot women, but do go on Smiling

 

You are just as attractive as treat is.

 

I"m surprised that no one else noticed this burn.  BURN!  BUUUUUUURN!


 

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


bill zebub
Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-07-21
User is offlineOffline
I will second that motion.

Keep up the good work. Atheists, unfortunately, are the only ones who "get it". Is it only me, or do others get real annoyed at the way these zealots try to justify all their bullshit? Not one shred of proof of anything, just some bizarre notion that they believe, therefore it exists.

I have seen posts where the zealots ask how atheists can have any concept of morality since we believe in evolution. That has to be the most faulty logic (or lack of logic altogether) that I have come across so far. I am fairly new to this and a proud atheist. I am comforted by the knowledge that I am not alone in the thinking that religion is poison.

I keep an open mind and if I come across a snake who tells me that I better go to church then I just might go. Until then...

 

 

 


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
who is your daddy and what

who is your daddy and what does he do?