Go Musavi! Go!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go Musavi! Go!

By all reasonable poll estimates, it looks like Hossein Musavi is poised to sweep th election from Ahmadinejad in Iran. To say the least, this is excellent news (Musavi is hardly a saint, but he is very moderate as far as middle eastern leaders go and is a solid step in the right direction for Iran).

This will likely be the most exciting elections in recent years, ever. I'm no so naive as to think that Ahmad won't at least attempt to cheat his way to victory, but with his waning political support lately, I'm dubious he could pull it off successfully.

Go get that bastard, Masavi! Those ballots are as good as yours! Smiling

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
... 1 question What odds...

... 1 question

What odds... would... oh lets say... Vegas, give on Musavi being assassinated before or after the election results are in?

What Would Kharn Do?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
kevin R brown wrote:Go Musavi ! Go !

I only can say that for the sake of the people of Iran,that a new leader can help Iran's standing in the world.Power to the People ! 

Signature ? How ?

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Countdown till someone

Countdown till someone shows up to defend Ahmadinejad for his courage in standing up to imperialistic powers in the west begins now.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Countdown till someone

Quote:
Countdown till someone shows up to defend Ahmadinejad for his courage in standing up to imperialistic powers in the west begins now.

No doubt I'll be proven wrong, but I'm dubious of that. One of Hossein's primary selling points is that he is not weak on western influence (though his other is that he is not entirely hostile to the outside world); for example, your courageous gunning down of Iran Air 655 his party has said it will be seeking an apology and compensation for (not that I expect they'd get either. Nothing says, 'Made in the USA' like a pile of dead civilians nobody will take accountability for).

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
He's handing out potatoes in

He's handing out potatoes in exchange for votes, so he must be a little worried at least.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:He's

Anonymouse wrote:

He's handing out potatoes

Potatoes are good.  All Iran needs to do is can the religious crap and the ayatollah.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:Anonymouse

Thomathy wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

He's handing out potatoes

Potatoes are good.  All Iran needs to do is can the religious crap and the ayatollah.

Heh, sorry, I meant the other guy, Ahmadinejad, is handing out potatoes for votes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6382829.ece

I keep hearing how he's done lots of things for the poor in his country, but if he can still buy them with spuds, he probably didn't do all that much.

Unfortunatly, he's probably going to win.