When is spirituality okay?

Religious_Rebel
Religious_Rebel's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-03-05
User is offlineOffline
When is spirituality okay?

Greetings!  It has been ages since I've been here and I've grown a lot.  (Namely, I've given up religion but I'm still a spiritual person.  I despise "religion" nowadays.)

 

Notice that I didn't say "when is theism, religion, etc."  Spirituality is a little different and feel free to correct me with a different word if I'm not being accurate.

So my question really is, when it it 100% okay to be spiritual?  And I mean this in the sense that a spiritual person adheres to no particular doctrine (perhaps a few choice ones that are "loving teachings", for instance) and also they think for themselves.  If anything a good word is "hopeful" for things like a loving afterlife, ultimate justice, etc.

 

I can understand the need for many of you to change the thinking of people who are irrational in their thoughts so they might better themselves.  But how is just hoping or even believing wrong?

 

I posed this question because I get the sense that many of you are so stanch in your beliefs that you would be unaccepting of something, because you (like everyone else in the world, it's proven) are not unbiased.

 

 

Sorry in advance that I'm not as much of a heavyweight contender as some of you debaters are btw.  Smiling

 

It is said the great ones catch teardrops in their hands.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Pew pew pew

ClockCat wrote:

Pew pew pew chakra blast.

 

Kaaa...may.....ha...

Quiet you! this is an issue of National Security!

 

... expecially is Doomy ever does acquire Fiery Fist Balls...

What Would Kharn Do?


Thomathy
SuperfanBronze Member
Thomathy's picture
Posts: 1861
Joined: 2007-08-20
User is offlineOffline
 ...may ...haReally, you

 ...may ...ha

Really, you didn't power up enough before that one.  You need to be at least Super Saiyan 3 to have an effect on these enemies.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

 

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? >:[

 

 


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:Does

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Does this mean i can shoot fireballs out of my hands or NOT?

 

We're been over this before... and you've never given me a straight answer...

So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.
However, if you learn astral travelling or at least lucid dreaming, you can have as many of fireballs as you want. This is the characteristic nature of astral realm, it forms itself locally, exactly according to people's desires. The quality of fireballs in the astral (dream) world depends on the quality of your imagination.


 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:WHO THE HELL

ClockCat wrote:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? >:[

... im shocked Clock, that was probably the first time you failed to amuse me with your irrelevant drivel... for shame...

What Would Kharn Do?


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Can I buy hash from you?

Luminon wrote:
So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.
However, if you learn astral travelling or at least lucid dreaming, you can have as many of fireballs as you want. This is the characteristic nature of astral realm, it forms itself locally, exactly according to people's desires. The quality of fireballs in the astral (dream) world depends on the quality of your imagination.

Can I buy hash from you?

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:So I tell you

Luminon wrote:

So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.

Ok... no fireballs... gotcha...

But, tell me... Do these Psy-Balls hurt people? are they "Super Effective"?

 

ahaha...

I think im more ashamed that i know that, then i am about speaking with Luminon

What Would Kharn Do?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

The Doomed Soul wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? >:[

... im shocked Clock, that was probably the first time you failed to amuse me with your irrelevant drivel... for shame...

 

TTGL is the best series ever! For shame!

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:ClockCat

ClockCat wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? >:[

TTGL is the best series ever! For shame!

O'really?

If it even comes close to beating some of

material, i would think about it

But i highly doubt it does ;-p

 

That, and opera-rap is just retarded...

What Would Kharn Do?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Berserk doesn't hold a candle to TTGL.

 

Berserk got really strange about 2/3rds of the way into it too. o.O

 

 

I would highly recommend you give TTGL a viewing, and Soul Eater as well.

 

Here, this will get you started.

 

 



 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
Posts: 210
Joined: 2009-05-19
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Luminon

Gauche wrote:

Luminon wrote:
So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.
However, if you learn astral travelling or at least lucid dreaming, you can have as many of fireballs as you want. This is the characteristic nature of astral realm, it forms itself locally, exactly according to people's desires. The quality of fireballs in the astral (dream) world depends on the quality of your imagination.

Can I buy hash from you?

You beat me to it.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
yeah... didnt even make it

yeah... didnt even make it all the way through... -_-

Cant stand it, next item!


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

The Doomed Soul wrote:

yeah... didnt even make it all the way through... -_-

Cant stand it, next item!

 

Best anime ever. Kamina is god if there was any.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
...Did someone say they had

...Did someone say they had a spirit problem? Well, good news:

This week I'm having a special on proton charging! Smiling

 

Oh, and I'm afraid Clock Cat is right, Doomy. TTGL is pretty much boss.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...Did

Kevin R Brown wrote:

...Did someone say they had a spirit problem? Well, good news:

This week I'm having a special on proton charging! Smiling

 

Oh, and I'm afraid Clock Cat is right, Doomy. TTGL is pretty much boss.

You assholes are gonna make me watch the whole series... arent you -_-

What Would Kharn Do?


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
cervello_marcio wrote:Gauche

cervello_marcio wrote:

Gauche wrote:

Luminon wrote:
So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.
However, if you learn astral travelling or at least lucid dreaming, you can have as many of fireballs as you want. This is the characteristic nature of astral realm, it forms itself locally, exactly according to people's desires. The quality of fireballs in the astral (dream) world depends on the quality of your imagination.

Can I buy hash from you?

You beat me to it.

He probably has shit that will teleport you to middle earth. You'll be puffing on a hooka with Frodo and Bilbo Baggins in the shire listening to Jimmy Page.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Gauche wrote:

cervello_marcio wrote:

Gauche wrote:

Luminon wrote:
So I tell you clearly, NOT in this dense-physical world.
As far as I know, there is a plenty of fun with an etheric equivalent of fireballs, which is only visible or tangible to clairvoyant people. They're called psi-balls (etheric-physical world) and they don't burn anything, clairvoyants play with them like with balloons.
However, if you learn astral travelling or at least lucid dreaming, you can have as many of fireballs as you want. This is the characteristic nature of astral realm, it forms itself locally, exactly according to people's desires. The quality of fireballs in the astral (dream) world depends on the quality of your imagination.

Can I buy hash from you?

You beat me to it.

He probably has shit that will teleport you to middle earth. You'll be puffing on a hooka with Frodo and Bilbo Baggins in the shire listening to Jimmy Page.

 

They are taking the hobbits to Isenguard!

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:They are

ClockCat wrote:

They are taking the hobbits to Isenguard!

Dont you fuckin DARE go there...

 


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Laughing out loud


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Best anime

ClockCat wrote:

Best anime ever. Kamina is god if there was any.

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Oh, and I'm afraid Clock Cat is right, Doomy. TTGL is pretty much boss.

Know what? Fuck both of you

You forced me to watch quarter of the series and the closest i can compare it is

If OnePiece raped Gundam Wing, and this is the aborted remanents...

You 2 have such terrible taste, its pathetic

 

What Would Kharn Do?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Oooo. I like BOTH those things!


treat2 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Religious_Rebel wrote:When

Religious_Rebel wrote:
When is spirituality okay?

In the presence of the Borg.

LMAO