Oxygen22
Neon8.6
Nitrogen6.6
Carbon3.5
Silicon1
Magnesium0.91
Iron0.6
Sulfur

Everything else is a reaction to a Big Bang (assuming God existed, he would have done this on accident or purpose). Now, just for argument's sake, God also made animals and people, too. Humans are extremely complicated, I'll give him that, but as far as technology goes God seems just a little bit limited.

I mean don't get me wrong, Mountains are kinda neat. So are oceans and sunsets...rocks, fish...uhhh, trees, whatever. But did God make anything as cool as this?

Kinda makes you think...is God REALLY that talented? If the bible is the word of God, are we really impressed with what he has to say? To be honest, I think Shakespeare is a little more impressive than anything he's had to say. Did destroying Sodom and Gomorrah REALLY seem like the best way of handling a situation? I mean, if you make defective product you do sometimes destroy it, only we're not perfect. What's God's excuse? I think God has been waiting for thousands of years (since the Earth is only 6,000 years old ;o ) for us to grow to the point where we can make an MP3 player SO ADVANCED, that even he can listen to it.

Also, something to think about...when you decide to raise an ant farm, don't you buy a container to put them in? Don't you feed them (ants actually get honey, fruit, vegetables, and water...not too bad)? Don't you put the ant farm in an environment where it's relatively safe? Don't you monitor it to make sure everything is ok?

Well...

WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR SUPPORT? We make our own honey, our own shelter, and you sure as hell aren't doing a good job keep us safe from weather, cancer, and each other. So in conclusion, you can make fire and stone, but we're the ones putting implants in the chests of young women you obviously fucked up on. Not impressed.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:

Ok...so God knows how to make:

Hydrogen40,000
Helium3,100
Oxygen22
Neon8.6
Nitrogen6.6
Carbon3.5
Silicon1
Magnesium0.91
Iron0.6
Sulfur

Everything else is a reaction to a Big Bang (assuming God existed, he would have done this on accident or purpose). Now, just for argument's sake, God also made animals and people, too. Humans are extremely complicated, I'll give him that, but as far as technology goes God seems just a little bit limited.

I mean don't get me wrong, Mountains are kinda neat. So are oceans and sunsets...rocks, fish...uhhh, trees, whatever. But did God make anything as cool as this?

Kinda makes you think...is God REALLY that talented? If the bible is the word of God, are we really impressed with what he has to say? To be honest, I think Shakespeare is a little more impressive than anything he's had to say. Did destroying Sodom and Gomorrah REALLY seem like the best way of handling a situation? I mean, if you make defective product you do sometimes destroy it, only we're not perfect. What's God's excuse? I think God has been waiting for thousands of years (since the Earth is only 6,000 years old ;o ) for us to grow to the point where we can make an MP3 player SO ADVANCED, that even he can listen to it.

Also, something to think about...when you decide to raise an ant farm, don't you buy a container to put them in? Don't you feed them (ants actually get honey, fruit, vegetables, and water...not too bad)? Don't you put the ant farm in an environment where it's relatively safe? Don't you monitor it to make sure everything is ok?

Well...

WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR SUPPORT? We make our own honey, our own shelter, and you sure as hell aren't doing a good job keep us safe from weather, cancer, and each other. So in conclusion, you can make fire and stone, but we're the ones putting implants in the chests of young women you obviously fucked up on. Not impressed.

Soz. I don't accept that gods exist, for argument's sake or for any other sake.

This is why Atheists can't debate Creationists when they accept that a creationist's god exists and inherently gods can do anything. The Atheist acts the fool, plays the fool, and is the fool.

See my thread on "Why Atheists can't debate Creationists"

The burden of proof is on the Theist. Leave it there.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lighten up a bit

Lighten up a bit treat2. Some of this stuff is just intended as a bit of fun.

For example, a while back, I bought a telescope that turned out to be a factory defect. Trust me on this, they are fairly delicate items and shipping damage would be distinct from factory damage.

What was wrong with it was actually unacceptable from a quality control stand point. Sort of like what god did with the world. So I guess that god must really be a Chinese QC clerk???

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Regrettably, I think you

Treat2...

Regrettably, I think you misunderstood the fact this entire thread was a joke and meant to be hyperbolic. A few obvious points were made, but if I wanted to seriously make a case against God or Theists I would.

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Treat2...

Regrettably, I think you misunderstood the fact this entire thread was a joke and meant to be hyperbolic. A few obvious points were made, but if I wanted to seriously make a case against God or Theists I would.

Your delicious plate of pasta will continue to feed the troll, don't worry about defending yourself.

Funny post though. We don't even have to use the example of the stealth bomber, take a look at our own design! We're not exactly "creations" to be proud of. Why do we have wisdom teeth? An extra kidney? The appendix for that matter... Whoever made us didn't have a lot of practice.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Granted but since we were

Granted but since we were supposedly made in his own image, all of the imperfections obviously come from the template.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
bad ideas, get worse

cervello_marcio wrote:

Treat2...

Your delicious plate of pasta will continue to feed the troll, don't worry about defending yourself.

Funny post though. We don't even have to use the example of the stealth bomber, take a look at our own design! We're not exactly "creations" to be proud of. Why do we have wisdom teeth? An extra kidney? The appendix for that matter... Whoever made us didn't have a lot of practice.

It gets worse Cervello how about running the sewage disposal system throu the pleasure center, commen sense says don't run an open sewer throu a play ground but god doesn't and then their is the "intelligent design" of the human eyeball. With a 90% failure rate the eyeball may be the worst design of all,  would an "intelligent" designer build a car or house the fell apart 90% of the time?   With god's rate of success give me an "idiot designer"  any day.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
On that note, we also

On that note, we also eat, drink, breathe and talk through the same hole. I don't know how many people choke to death each year but even one choking death is evidence that the plan was not well thought out.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
designed...........but no intelligence.

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

On that note, we also eat, drink, breathe and talk through the same hole. I don't know how many people choke to death each year but even one choking death is evidence that the plan was not well thought out.

Gene did you realize the humans are born with the same innabillity as other primates: to choke on food.  Up untill age 4 to 6 months  humans can eat all the steak and spagetti they want, after that the voice box moves upward and suddenly we are humans,  and the only animal that can choke on food;  oh lucky us!!!!!!!  Could someone tell me (an engineer) how this design is "intelligent" ?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

jread
SuperfanTheist
jread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Answers in

Jeffrick wrote:

Gene did you realize the humans are born with the same innabillity as other primates: to choke on food.  Up untill age 4 to 6 months  humans can eat all the steak and spagetti they want, after that the voice box moves upward and suddenly we are humans,  and the only animal that can choke on food;  oh lucky us!!!!!!!  Could someone tell me (an engineer) how this design is "intelligent" ?

This little bit of information blew my mind.

The implication that we should put Darwinism on trial overlooks the fact that Darwinism has always been on trial within the scientific community. -- From Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth R. Miller

Chaos and chance don't mean the absence of law and order, but rather the presence of order so complex that it lies beyond our abilities to grasp and describe it. -- From From Certainty to Uncertainty by F. David Peat

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Honestly, I never heard

Honestly, I never heard that one before. I think that we need experimental proof. So let's find someone who has a newborn and doesn't mind us feeding it steak.

On a related note, I had an eye exam last Friday and I forgot to ask the doc if our retinas are really mounted backwards. If true, that would be relevant data on the matter of the eye being proof of design. I may see him again on Friday when I pick up my new glasses, so if I get lucky, I can ask him then.

Also, three cheers for health insurance. I have developed something called presbyopia. My options were trifocals, three pairs of glasses of progressive lenses. Hence the reason why it takes a week to get glasses made. They have to make lenses specific to the three prescriptions. The fucking things cost $600, of which I paid $219.

I have no clue what kind of a god would allow presbyopia to exist but I do know that blue cross is clearly better than god.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

I must admit this REALLY is an intelligent design...

my evidence?

Imagine if Rosie o'doneld could eat, breath, and TALK... all at the same time *shiver*

If god exists, he really saved us here

What Would Kharn Do?