Another person shoved pamphlets in my door.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

"You are invited to ______________ church service at.."

I get maybe 200 or 300 of these a year, advertising about 30 different churches in the area. On top of this, I get more laminated pamphlets shoved in my school box, telling me things like "Jesus can fill the hole in your life"(Baptist Campus Ministries) or "God loves you" (Campus Crusade for Christ) or some other random crap. It's not like I'm being singled out, when I step outside I see the same things crammed in every door..and the ones at my school are not to any name, but put in every box.

My question is, why do these people go so far out of their way to deposit trash everywhere? Do they hate the world that much?

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
hate?

What they seem to realy hate is that people do not have the exact same opinions as they do and go out of their way to change everyone else's ideals to their own.  It's called Mendencia paranoia, I believe.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

What they seem to realy hate is that people do not have the exact same opinions as they do and go out of their way to change everyone else's ideals to their own.  It's called Mendencia paranoia, I believe.

Killing a tree is the same as killing a person to the believer, as long as it is done in the intrest of gaining club members,

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Christian idiot pamphlets are being push on me!

The only thing that I can say is for you too get some Atheist pamphlets printed up and hand them out to these Idiots who push their trash on you.PS. I printed some wallet size cards that reads JC not for me.com Compliments of___________. you fill in what you want,I write in Common Sense,Logic and Science. and if anyone ever tries to push some nonsense on me ,I tell them that I got something for them,and I hand them a card.

Signature ? How ?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Cool idea. Promise them

Cool idea.

Promise them enlightenment,
classes, and the opportunity to make lots of great friends too! (Don't forget to collect a nominal fee when they come callin'.
)

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's what local businesses

It's what local businesses do to expand their customer base.
In my area the pamphlets tend to be for takeway outlets rather than churches but it's the same principle.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Another

ClockCat wrote:

If you catch them doing it kick them in the nuts/vagina. Do it enough and they won't have the desire to save your soul anymore.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett wrote:ClockCat

spike.barnett wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

If you catch them doing it kick them in the nuts/vagina. Do it enough and they won't have the desire to save your soul anymore.

You forgot:

2. ??????

and

3. PROFIT!!!!!

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:"You are

ClockCat wrote:

I get maybe 200 or 300 of these a year, ...

Where the hell do you live, Vatican City?

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

I get maybe 200 or 300 of these a year, advertising about 30 different churches in the area. On top of this, I get more laminated pamphlets shoved in my school box, telling me things like "Jesus can fill the hole in your life"(Baptist Campus Ministries) or "God loves you" (Campus Crusade for Christ) or some other random crap. It's not like I'm being singled out, when I step outside I see the same things crammed in every door..and the ones at my school are not to any name, but put in every box.

My question is, why do these people go so far out of their way to deposit trash everywhere? Do they hate the world that much?

200-300 a year is enough that you can have these people charged with littering.

They think by doing what they perceive is good works, saving you, they will get  better seating in the afterlife.

Hate is not their motivation, building notches with their fantasy god is.

The more converts they get they probably think the more likely the god will overlook all of the sins and evil they have done.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

They just gave you all the information you'll ever need, for taking revenge... so why are you bothering us? git crackin!

What Would Kharn Do?

StupidPillBill
User is offlineOffline
I get that too

I make my own leaflets that I distribute on the windshield wipers of cars in church parking lots. Nothing is funnier than when the service lets out and 200 people all gasp in horror at the same time as they stand by their cars and read. Plus, the church has to clean it's own parking lot. Use hemp paper so you aren't killing rainforests and redwoods just to piss off christians. Here is a link to two such leaflets they posted up on this agnostic church website. http://uctaa.net/articles/misc/images/godfaithmoney.jpg

http://uctaa.net/articles/misc/images/foundingfathers.jpg

Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. -George Washington

Cheeky Chimp
User is offlineOffline
The only people that do it

The only people that do it here in New Zealand is the JWs. I so HATE Christians who think they can spread their propaganda without expecting to get anything put against their name...

Why not make something up like saying that they're stealing your human nights by expecting you to take them at face value and swallow their shit without another word?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

They are clearly practicing and learning to sell the product. Be happy they are only learning.

When you graduate and have a place of your own the real professionals will be doing the same time for soap, life insurance, and feminine hygeine products. (I never realized how many different products women needed until they started advertising. I boggles the mind what women were like before they were invented.) You may come to wish for the good old days when you didn't have to pay to keep your woman hygenic.

How I miss thee, oh Gor!

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky

SSBBJunky wrote:

spike.barnett wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

You forgot:

2. ??????

and

3. PROFIT!!!!!

Dammit. I knew I was forgeting something.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

You may come to wish for the good old days when you didn't have to pay to keep your woman hygenic.

...Somehow I don't think this will be an issue for me

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:A_Nony_Mouse

ClockCat wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

You may come to wish for the good old days when you didn't have to pay to keep your woman hygenic.

Ha!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Says the man with skin moisterizor

(be honest Clock, you probably have more hygene products then all the straight men on this forum put together)

What Would Kharn Do?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

I do love my lavender baths.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
oh stereo-types... what i

oh stereo-types... what i wouldnt do without you...

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:I do love my

ClockCat wrote:

Please oh please don't tell me that the scent of lavender takes you to your special place, cuz if it does, I have someone for you to meet.....and sure she might be bat shit crazy at times (do not give her alcohol....sounds like a good idea but no it's not) and sure she's cute and all......with a mental disorder I just can't quite pick out but we called her lavender girl due to her love of.....LAVENDER, and the reason I cannot stand the smell of it anymore.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Duh!

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ClockCat wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

You would deny your boyfriend's right to be a woman and have babies if he could and to be hygenic? The People's Front of Judea will be dropping by to have words with you.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

latincanuck wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

Please oh please don't tell me that the scent of lavender takes you to your special place, cuz if it does, I have someone for you to meet.....and sure she might be bat shit crazy at times (do not give her alcohol....sounds like a good idea but no it's not) and sure she's cute and all......with a mental disorder I just can't quite pick out but we called her lavender girl due to her love of.....LAVENDER, and the reason I cannot stand the smell of it anymore.

Vanilla is my favorite scent. I don't like overpowering fragrences though, and anything I use I use sparingly. I don't mind if other people smell it, but they should have to be right up against me to be able to.

I think body sprays on the main market should be killed off. I don't think I can tolerate walking past another person that emptied a can of AXE on themselves before going into public.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

The Flying Spag...
Science Freak
The Flying Spaghetti Monster's picture
User is offlineOffline
You should try attending

You should try attending some of these services. Make a total ass out of yourself and disrupt what's going on, and when approached about your behavior simply let them know that their oppressive (literally, history does not favor Christians) and unwanted advertising can potentially attract the wrong types of people. Local businesses might put advertisements on the visor of your car, but they don't do house calls bothering you (except very rare occasions by girls scouts or avon), or leave their business schedules on your fucking door knocker.

Seriously? Why should you or any one of us feel bad about ruining service for these institutions when they hide behind an imaginary father figure to get tax breaks and tap the resources of hard-working, and often underpaid, Americans? They pretend to be free of sin and almost godly with their charity and "kind spirits," while looking down at other people who question their motives or make life more inconvenient for them. This is a free country and we have the right to tell these people, "We don't want your God, we don't want to hear you talk about your fantasies, and we certainly don't want to be bothered at home with your bullshit!"

There's this thing called a "Steeple." Yeah, we know where to find a church. We don't need directions.

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Someone just knocked on my

Someone just knocked on my door 10 minutes agó wanting to hand out pamphlets, and since I'm only 15 he asked for my parents. They were out back by the pool so I just said to him ''Í'm an atheist'' and I closed the door on him. His face was priceless...