A few questions about Jesus

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
Posts: 327
Joined: 2007-01-16
User is offlineOffline
A few questions about Jesus

 

Luke 24:39-45 (New International Version)

Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

 

Okay, so my question is this. If Jesus was not a ghost, how did he walk through that door in another Bible verse? 

And what does eating that fish have to do with anything? How does that prove that he was Jesus?

And if he wasn't a ghost, doesn't that mean that he was a walking corpse? Why would a walking corpse pick up a piece of fish and eat it? 

And if he appeared to people after he rose from the dead to prove that he was the real son of God, why doesn't he do that now? Why did he stop doing that? Wouldn't it keep a lot of people from burning in hell if he still appeared to people like he used to?

And when he ascended into heaven and sat at the right hand of God, was that fish still in his gut or did he go to the bathroom just before he ascended into heaven?

What happened to the fish?

 

Rick

 

 

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?


treat2 (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Just for that, you're going

Just for that, you're going straight to hell!


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliateSilver Member
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel wrote:Okay, so my

RickRebel wrote:

Okay, so my question is this. If Jesus was not a ghost, how did he walk through that door in another Bible verse? 

Was it that he walked through the door or was the door open and he walked through..

RickRebel wrote:

And what does eating that fish have to do with anything? How does that prove that he was Jesus?

I would guess that is why Jesus taught (in Matthew) Peter how to fish? Jesus knew he would be back later for a fish dinner. (Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime) Of course the fish could be a symbol of faith and those who don't fish don't reap the reward....oh hell, what was the question again?

RickRebel wrote:

And if he wasn't a ghost, doesn't that mean that he was a walking corpse? Why would a walking corpse pick up a piece of fish and eat it? 

He was a rarely spoken about 'thinking zombie' ~ he did this to lull his audience into a false sense of calm so he could later eat their brains (I mean the stories he told those folks after coming back from the dead...geesh! They had to be brainless)

RickRebel wrote:

And if he appeared to people after he rose from the dead to prove that he was the real son of God, why doesn't he do that now? Why did he stop doing that? Wouldn't it keep a lot of people from burning in hell if he still appeared to people like he used to?

Because those of the Jewish faith were right--the son of man hasn't made it here yet. (now if they would stop believing in a god and realize there is no miracle Jesus coming ... our numbers would increase)  Eye-wink

RickRebel wrote:

And when he ascended into heaven and sat at the right hand of God, was that fish still in his gut or did he go to the bathroom just before he ascended into heaven?

What happened to the fish? 

Rick

Jesus took a massive dump before ascension and said: "behold! I give to you a symbol of my everlasting love - place these on all modes of transportation from now until I return!"

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
Posts: 143
Joined: 2009-01-03
User is offlineOffline
I noticed a guy the other

I noticed a guy the other day who had the little fish sticker on his car. Directly underneath it there was a sticker that said "horn broken-watch for finger". Ahhh Christian brotherly love.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."


RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
Posts: 327
Joined: 2007-01-16
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Was it that he walked through the door or was the door open and he walked through..

 

 

The Bible doesn't actually say that Jesus walked through a closed door. It just says that the doors were locked and suddenly Jesus appeared. So he either walked through a locked door or he was already in the room hiding under a table or something. Who knows.

But since Jesus was always running around trying to convince everybody that he wasn't a ghost, I bet appearing in a room when all the doors were locked probably didn't help his case any.

 

 

The Bible says:

 

John 20:19-25 (Contemporary English Version)

The disciples were afraid of the Jewish leaders, and on the evening of that same Sunday they locked themselves in a room. Suddenly, Jesus appeared in the middle of the group. He greeted them and showed them his hands and his side. When the disciples saw the Lord, they became very happy.

 

 

 

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?