Oh damn... more evidence that atheists are... AWESOME!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh damn... more evidence that atheists are... AWESOME!

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi/results/rankings.php

Yes, kiddos, the Global Peace Rankings are out again, and guess who comes in as the most peaceful nations in the world.

(Jeopardy Theme Plays)

That's right!  It's the atheist countries!  Here's your list of the most peaceful countries in the world:

New Zealand  New Zealand 1 1.202   Denmark  Denmark 2 1.217   Norway  Norway 2 1.217   Iceland  Iceland 4 1.225   Austria  Austria 5 1.252   Sweden  Sweden 6 1.269   Japan  Japan 7 1.272   Canada  Canada 8 1.311   Finland  Finland 9 1.322   Slovenia  Slovenia 9 1.322   Czech Republic  Czech Republic 11 1.328   Ireland  Ireland 12 1.333   Luxembourg  Luxembourg 13 1.341   Portugal  Portugal 14 1.348   Belgium  Belgium 15 1.359   Germany  Germany 16 1.392   Qatar  Qatar 16 1.392   Switzerland  Switzerland 18 1.393   Australia  Australia 19 1.476   Chile  Chile 20 1.481   Oman  Oman 21 1.520   Netherlands  Netherlands 22 1.531   Singapore  Singapore 23 1.533   Slovakia  Slovakia 24 1.539   Uruguay  Uruguay 25 1.55  

Atheist countries FTW.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
IMO that list is highly

IMO that list is highly suspicous. USA the country that hops from one war to the next, indeed the country that has been doing all the invading and has an insanely high prison population is more peacefull than south africa, where the only unpeacefull thing thing is crime....Im not seeing how that was done... I havent taken  a close look, i will when i get home.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some one find me these 2

Some one find me these 2 places on a map -_-

Hambydammit wrote:
 Qatar  Qatar161.392  Oman  Oman211.520 

What Would Kharn Do?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dear Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:
Some one find me these 2 places on a map -_- 
Hambydammit wrote:

Qatar  Qatar161.392  Oman  Oman211.520 

Check out the Saudi Arabian penninsula,  they are part of the United Arab Emerites.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh Canada

Hurray we're number 8!!!!!!!!!!         I would like to accept this award on behalf of Canucks from coast to coast.      One thing though; under the cultural heading "willingness to fight"; the raters gave Canada a low rating of 1: have these people ever seen an NHL game?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok after looking over the

Ok after looking over the list abit more im even more baffled.

South Africa is rank 123, now I will be the first to say South Africa should be no where near the top but come on 123? Lets take a look at who is more peacefull than us shall we

South Africa

123 2.437

How about Hati? I'm sure you know there reputation..... would anyone here go there by choice?

Haiti

116 2.330   USA perminantly at war, not exactly what I call peacefull 

United States of America

83 2.015

Iran for fucks sakes

Iran

99 2.104  Speaks for itself

Congo (Brazzaville)

106 2.202  

There president was kinda over thrown this year I believe, the army is running things if Im remembering right.

Madagascar

72 1.912  Now I'm no expert but really? South Africa deserves a better spot. With the exception of the USA, South Africa should beat the rest of them. Ask yourself honestly you know it is true. Atleast we beat north Korea... barely    

North Korea

131 2.717

All animals are equal.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Respect for human rights

Respect for human Rights

North Korea   4

South Africa    3.5

Maybe I've had North Korea wrong all this time but this cannot be right. South Africa and North Korea have very simalar respect for human rights? come on please. Under apartheid yes I would expect this (actually I would expect south Africa to be at 5 under apartheid) but now 15 years later? I cannot accept this as accurate.

Edit*

In fact after further comparisin from the rsults it appears they consider SouthAfrica a mini North Korea with a better political system. I can say from personal experiance that South Africa is a great place to live, but has a crime problem but also a crime perseption problem.

All animals are equal.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Czech Republic 11 1.328

Czech Republic  Czech Republic 11 1.328  

The 11th position is very nice, this nation had always been so peaceful. But it seems that it will not stay for long like that.
I'll explain:
In my country the whole nation just recently smashed hundreds of eggs onto the heads of the leading political party on their pre-election tour across the land. (the elections to the European parliament) This was an immensely satisfying thing to see, namely mr. Paroubek (aka ParoubEgg, the prime minister) covered in yolk & glair. The new generation seems like they re-discovered the national cojones. ParoubEgg had a bad karma with them since he ordered the brutal, expensive and senseless police raid on illegal techno dance party, CzechTekk a few years ago. Everyone reaps what they sow.
It's well worth it, if our students will repeat the egg orgy with the other leading political party, which is no better. Maybe then there finally will be a democracy here, not just the demockracy.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Cheeky Chimp
User is offlineOffline
Hahahaha.. NZ is first on

Hahahaha.. NZ is first on the list!!!!

Man that is totally awesome!!!!! Thanks to our Atheistic Prime Minister (The Right Honourable Helen Clark) that we had for the last 9 years.. till November 2008.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I'm inclined to think NZ might be there also due to the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere.

Surrounded by water.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
"There are three kind of

"There are three kind of lies...Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"

-Mark Twain (Stolen from Benjamin Disraeli)

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Israel in fourth from last place.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Israel in

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Dirty Jews.

I would agree Rich, it certainly would be premature to do a victory dance over a set of statistics. But, it looks like good news, so I'll take what I can get lol

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
By the way, if you haven't

By the way, if you haven't read it, here's my first draft of the definitive argument against religion.  You'll note that statistics are nothing but a convenient piece of potentially supporting evidence.  As far as I can tell, there's no comprehensive statistical proof that religion is either good or bad.  Like pretty much everything else we might want to prove, a single set of statistics is only useful insofar as it is backed up by lots more corroborating statistics AND a reasonable argument justifying the results.

I think if someone bothered to compile the data, we'd see lots of corroboration.  I don't think we need to wait for Pineapple to be statistically satisfied before we can declare that the overwhelming logical, scientific, and social evidence points to religion as a negative force in the world.

Why Religion is Bad -- The Comprehensive Argument

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I see no clear

Well, I see no clear evidence of how the numbers were calculated. Apparently, they based the score for each nation on quite a few factors but getting the actual math is not so easy.

How do we know that they did not just arbitrarily decide which score each nation ought to get?

If they did follow a specific mathematic process, how do we know that it is even valid?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

marcusfish wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Dirty Jews.

I would agree Rich, it certainly would be premature to do a victory dance over a set of statistics. But, it looks like good news, so I'll take what I can get lol

http://www.giwersworld.org/israel/dirty-jew.phtml

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

marcusfish wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Dirty Jews.

Certainly premature but it is trivial to work from Zionist literature prior to the creation of Israel to show it was a deliberate, aggressive activity which did in fact intend to and did succeed in stealing the land from the owners by extermination or ethnic cleansing. It is in their literature. Whining about getting exactly what they wanted is for ridicule not sympathy.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Cheeky Chimp
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:I'm inclined

ClockCat wrote:

I'm inclined to think NZ might be there also due to the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere.

Surrounded by water.

Awwww... C'mon ClockCat... NZ deserves a bit more respect that that!!!! Don't forget our old Prime Minster Helen Clark... ( The one whom declared NZ to be atheist) is now the 'Head of the United Nations Developement Programme'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!