IAAKSTD Report

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
IAAKSTD Report

Not that anyone will read it but here is the Executive Summary of the Synthesis Report of the International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development. I found it very interesting but I doubt a anyone here even cares . Interesting results all the same 

http://www.panna.org/files/SR_Exec_Sum_130408_Final.pdf

It is basically an evalution of gobal agriculture. Its hard to make a summary as this is the summary i have linked to. But here is a little somthing that may help 

[quote]The International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science, and Technology for Development (IAASTD) has taken a realistic look at the problem of feeding the world through an unprecedented three-year collaborative effort that involved more than 400 authors in 110 countries at a cost of more than $11 million. This project utilized the latest scientific assessment techniques to report on the advancements and setbacks of the past fifty years and to set the agricultural agenda for the next fifty years. The results of the project are contained in seven reports: a Global Report, five regional Sub-Global Assessments, and a Synthesis Report.

If you cannot be bothered to read though that summary here is a helpful document I found.

http://www.islandpress.org/assets/518_iaastdbooklaunchatunepfeb.pdf

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Damn! I thought it would be

Damn! I thought it would be a thread about STDs.

Anyway, as you read the report was there any mention
of the multitude of effects of future global warming upon Agriculture during the next 20 years?

Unless I misunderstood the purpose of the study, I would take such an omission to be an indication of the nature of the report as being highly superficial.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is mention, here is a

There is mention, here is a small quote from it.

Quote:

In mid- to high latitude regions moderate local increases in temperature can have small beneficial

impacts on crop yields; in low-latitude regions, such moderate temperature increases are likely tohave negative yield effects. Some negative impacts are already visible in many parts of the world;additional warming will have increasingly negative impacts in all regions. Water scarcity and thetiming of water availability will increasingly constrain production.
 If I am remembering right It is one of six major points covered. Nothing specific to the next 20 years in the summary though, I might be mistaken but I don't think so.

Edit just double checked here are the major themes 

bioenergy, biotechnology, climate change, human health, natural resourcemanagement, trade and markets, traditional and local knowledge and community-based innovation, and women in agriculture

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.