The Trouble with Atheism

OrdinaryClay
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Trouble with Atheism

Enjoy. This is a playlist so all the clips will play sequentially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20vLIgBt4M&feature=PlayList&p=98CBEEEC66058B7E&index=0&playnext=1

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just started watching

I just started watching it... I like how the rating and comments are disabled Sticking out tongue

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Been there, done that.

Been there, done that. There's a Paisley thread about this. Check it out, you'll enjoy it. I certainly did.

Here's a quote : "you obviously didn't watch the video !!" 

Ah, good times....

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nothing original to say,

Nothing original to say, hmm?

Here's the perfect rebuttal to that video.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
FreeHugMachine wrote:I just

FreeHugMachine wrote:

I just started watching it... I like how the rating and comments are disabled Sticking out tongue

Gotta protect yourself from them lousy dissenters and their logic.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, that was my first time

So, that was my first time watching it.  Largely consisted of stawmen and 'atheist fundamentalism' arguments.  He calls science a religion, which is a big stretch.  He even goes on to say that saying "I don't know" about something regarding the big bang is equivalent to positing the claim "God exists", clearly not true.  He even calls evolution/darwin the dogma of atheism, I find this funny because I'm not an atheist in any way because of evolution.

I also enjoyed his concluding argument that basically supported agnosticism... which is weak atheism Sticking out tongue

scole665
User is offlineOffline
Just Curious

I watched it too.  I can't say I am a scientist. I can say though, that I've read most of the Bible and was raised somewhere between Catholic and Protestant. I had pretty religiously apathetic and lazy parents, though they were/are believers, I think. We lived closer to the protestant church at some point and we went (alone) there. ANYWAY, I'm not much of a scientist. However, I am not atheist, necessarily, because of Darwin or evolution. I am an atheist because I have no reason to believe anything when it comes to religion. I don't know that I believe in disbelief, that's just not it. I don't believe in the tooth fairy either, that doesn't make me a atoothfairist.  Dawkins says it exactly right, god is at the same level as the tooth fairy.  I really don't care for the term atheist, in many ways, simply because it put theist into the mind.  Since atheism is inborn, the theist view should be the one with the A in front of it. Now, what should we call it  . . .

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oops, my mistake, it wasn't

Oops, my mistake, it wasn't Paisly's thread, it was HeyZeusCreaseToe's thread.

Here it is : http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/13853

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The trouble with Atheism is

The trouble with Atheism is that it gives thesits the heebie-jeebies.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Was boring. 1/10 on presentation, 5/10 for british voice. 3/10 for content. There were a few valid points lost amidst a load of opinionated crap.

Overall 3/10.

Please tell your friend to work on improving his videos.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
I watched part 1. I've

I watched part 1. I've decided to refrain from watching the rest to protect my brain cells.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare