Is Heath Ledger actually dead?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is Heath Ledger actually dead?

...I don't mean to pose this as a conspiratorial question (obviously, the physical man himself is quite gone), but a philosophical one:

Functionally speaking, Heath Ledger is still starring in one more soon to be released film, still communicating with the world and (arguably) still interacting with it - and still doing it purposefully, of his own desire and consent ('retroactive' desire and consent, I suppose you might call it). So what is the difference (again, strictly from a philosophical standpoint) between being alive and dead here? What if, say, there were ten more not yet produced films that would be released over the next few years that contained more 'new' footage of Heath Ledger, so that now there was some pretty large degree of unpredictability in his now post-mortem 'actions' (well, 'unpredictable' in terms of those who weren't on the set with Ledger at the time of the filming, anyway)? Is he still dead?

I thought this might be a fun question to tackle.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
as a fucking

as a fucking doornail.

yes.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 The movie of wich you

The movie of wich you speak is said to be the best Gilliam flick since Brazil. Go see this thing when it comes out, people.

And yes, he's dead. Sorry.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
What's medical insurance

What's medical insurance have to do with movies?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yup. He's dead. It's a

Yup. He's dead. It's a shame, but that's what happens. No amount of left over influence will change that.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
he's the new tupac!

he's the new tupac!