Atheists in DR

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Atheists in DR

Hiya, besides my two brothers and I, I know two other atheists in my school. I assume there might be a few others, but we wouldn't get to 3%. I was wondering about this and I wanted to know the stats about religiosity here, but I can't find 'em anywhere. Can someone help me?

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You can find such stats on

You can find such stats on the Net. I've seen them, as they were of interest to me when I was deciding which Europeon country I wanted to move to (from the U.S.).

It's been quite a few years, but the obvious thing to do is try varying your search engine criteria, also... the CIA web site has a world "fact book" or something with a similar name which has an enormous amount of comparative and non-comparative stats, figures, etc. It's definitely worth a look. Despite the CIS's ignorance about plenty of stuff, and operations which have been and remain
quite offensive, I can recommend their published world "fact" book regarding the enormous amount and variety of info which you might want to reference and / or be aware of as being in the public domain. Per search engine criteria ...
try:
list stat Atheist Country
or statistic Atheist Country

Don't be discouraged if you don't immediately find what you're looking for. Searches for some stuff can vary from requiring several hours to several days to find what you're lookIng for.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
According the CIA World Fact

According the CIA World Fact Book it's 95% Roman Catholic, 5% other, but I've seen a few surveys that put atheism around 7-9% of the populous.

As of 2004 7% identified themselves as atheists. You have to remember that checking atheist on a survey is not the same as being an open atheist. There may be atheist who are afraid to expose themselves, and thereby make the number of atheists seem much smaller than it is.

Also keep in min that surveys are not necessarily representative of the populous. There is plenty of room for error with less than adequate sample sizes.

Sorry I can't provide anything concrete for you.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

According the CIA World Fact Book it's 95% Roman Catholic, 5% other, but I've seen a few surveys that put atheism around 7-9% of the populous.

As of 2004 7% identified themselves as atheists. You have to remember that checking atheist on a survey is not the same as being an open atheist. There may be atheist who are afraid to expose themselves, and thereby make the number of atheists seem much smaller than it is.

Also keep in min that surveys are not necessarily representative of the populous. There is plenty of room for error with less than adequate sample sizes.

Sorry I can't provide anything concrete for you.

Hehe, thanks!

I know what you mean about it not being necessarily representative of the populous. It's funny, cause I'm being taught statistics atm.

spike.barnett wrote:

95% Roman Catholic

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can find a lot of polls

You can find a lot of polls or census surveys that indicate the percentage of atheists in the U.S. population hovers around 16%.  Here's a link to a site that provides links to surveys, studies, government reports, etc., on the subject of atheists in the population.

http://groups.google.com/group/Atheism-vs-Christianity/web/theism-by-the-numbers

As I recall there was one site that split hairs on the 16% and I seem to remember 7% atheist - 9% agnostic,  74% christian (includes all the breeds), and the rest I don't remember.  I'm resonably certain on the breakdown above though I could certainly be wrong.  Anyway, that's the way I remember it.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150