A Hopeless Case?

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
A Hopeless Case?

I know this girl. She went to my high school, and her constant Jesus-worship and Jesus-speak is incredibly obnoxious. Sure, I could just ignore her and write her off as an ignorant tool (which I have been doing), but then I came across her recent blog entry that she spammed everyone on Facebook with to read.

I'm sure it's hopeless to respond to this garbage, but I feel like I need to say SOMETHING. It's just so blatantly WRONG in so many ways and she ALWAYS knows she's right about everything.

How would you respond to this? I'm thinking of citing scientific evidence (not that she'll listen) and tearing her BS to shreads, but everytime I try to respond I keep getting vicious. haha ok so...here's her blog.

WARNING: MAJOR BULLSHIT AHEAD

Quote:
You learn in this country that your opinion matters, that you should let your voice be heard, that you can develop your own opinions and it matters not what anyone else thinks. And I totally agree. In fact I agree 100%, but if I could elaborate, your opinions don't need the approval of others but rather the approval of God.

I recently took this "Heterosexuality Questionnaire" from my Social Problems class that really got me thinking. I will post it following this blog. Why is it that people are so confused when it comes sexuality? God makes it very clear in the Bible that it is unacceptable. Sure He loves us regardless of what we are (or what you think you are to be more specific) but He made us biologically to be with members of the opposite sex. It is the way we are by nature. Those who say that homosexuality is a result of birth and that God makes people homosexual are confused. God creates a human who makes to choice to either reject or accept God, His purpose and His promise. It is up to the parents of the child to provide the proper teaching of God's Word.

Some individuals argue that heterosexuality and supporting only that lifestyle is a discrimination against homosexuals, but that is simply not the case. The discrimination is not against the people: it is against the actions. If you believe you are destined to be homosexual, that it is who you are, God would tell you to search for Him not your own plasure, and I as a Christian following Christ's ways would suggest staying single because marriage is a a commitment to God and you cannot be committed to God if you are living in sin. Yes, choosing to remain homosexual and active in the lifestyle is a sin (sin = separation from God). Marriage is not even about being in love, it is about being in God, being committed to Him, His purpose and His promise. As I have said, His purpose is for a man and a woman to join in matrimony, to have children and raise their children with God; His promise is that He will provide you a proper spouse and give you children if you please Him.

I know I preach a lot about sexual immorality but this will be my first time writing about homosexuality. And you may ask yourself what does that have to do with you schpiel on sexual immorality? Well, homosexuality is included in that umbrella term: it is sexual and immoral in God's opinion. We must strive to seek His and only His approval. Perhaps this is not the world's opinion, but then again as Christians, this world is not for us because we belong in Heaven, in God's world, not Satan's. This is Satan's world--he caused homosexuality in humans. Before he even came in the picture there was no such thing as homosexuality because it is not God's plan. God explicitly states the consequences for sexual immorality, for not following His rules (which are very clear), and no matter how good we are in the world's opinion, God's opinion is the priority, His approval is the goal.

The Word lists every kind of sexual immorality you can think of, from masturbation to prostitution. And in God's eyes, all are sins and none are worse than the others. About homosexuality, God says:
You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22

If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them. Leviticus 20:13

God gave them up unto vile affections: because even their women did change their natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Romans 1:26-27



These are simply a few more of the Scripture verses illuminating God's opinion.


Finally then, brothers and sisters, we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received instruction from us about how you must live and please God (as you are in fact living) that you do so more and more. For you know what commands we gave you through the Lord Jesus. For this is God’s will: that you become holy, that you keep away from sexual immorality, that each of you know how to possess his own body in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion like the Gentiles who do not know God. In this matter no one should violate the rights of his brother or take advantage of him, because the Lord is the avenger in all these cases, as we also told you earlier and warned you solemnly. For God did not call us to impurity but in holiness. Consequently the one who rejects this is not rejecting human authority but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you. 1 Thessalonians 4: 1-8

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with other men, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but now you are cleansed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

I am the LORD. You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination. You shall not have carnal relations with an animal, defiling yourself with it; nor shall a woman set herself in front of an animal to mate with it; such things are abhorrent. Do not defile yourselves by any of these things by which the nations whom I am driving out of your way have defiled themselves. Because their land has become defiled, I am punishing it for its wickedness, by making it vomit out its inhabitants. You, however, whether natives or resident aliens, must keep my statutes and decrees forbidding all such abominations by which the previous inhabitants defiled the land; otherwise the land will vomit you out also for having defiled it, just as it vomited out the nations before you. Everyone who does any of these abominations shall be cut off from among his people. Heed my charge, then, not to defile yourselves by observing the abominable customs that have been observed before you. I, the LORD, am your God. Leviticus 18: 22-30[/qupte]

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3922
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
A strung out junkie.

A strung out junkie.


Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
Posts: 3142
Joined: 2007-06-24
User is offlineOffline
Well, first comment:Holy

Well, first comment:

Holy fuck. How gay must this chick be?

Honestly, it might be constructive (if you swing that way?) to offer her your phone # so you can get together in the bathroom some time. Sticking out tongue

 

Second comment: This one is just too far gone, hon (for now, anyway). She's quoting Old Testament, for cripes sakes. Those few Christians who are remotely close to reasonable will at least try to give themselves some leeway by keeping scripture quotes confined to the New Testament. Anything you reply with will just be swept into the dustbin.

The internal inconsistencies are hilarious, though. First it's the gay person's fault (somehow)... and then when she starts to see how that conflicts with the idea that God made everything, she shifts the blame over to Satan. But then she obviously misses the part where that largely leaves the gay person a victim (within this ridiculous fiction of a framework).

 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Second

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Second comment: This one is just too far gone, hon (for now, anyway). She's quoting Old Testament, for cripes sakes. Those few Christians who are remotely close to reasonable will at least try to give themselves some leeway by keeping scripture quotes confined to the New Testament. Anything you reply with will just be swept into the dustbin.

The internal inconsistencies are hilarious, though. First it's the gay person's fault (somehow)... and then when she starts to see how that conflicts with the idea that God made everything, she shifts the blame over to Satan. But then she obviously misses the part where that largely leaves the gay person a victim (within this ridiculous fiction of a framework).

 

haha I know. If you replace BLACKS and WHITES with HOMOSEXUALS and HETEROSEXUALS it becomes clearer how totally fucked her argument is.

 

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
Who the hell does she think

Who the hell does she think she is, leaving her inferior opinions where god-fearing men might read it?! I mean, does she not know that women are supposed to be in silence with all subjection and absolutely not teach or have any authority over men? (1 Timothy 2:11-12) Has she ever braided her hair or worn jewlery? Forbidden! (1 Timothy 2:10) Has she ever not covered her hair in church? Then shave it off! (1 Corinthians 11:5-6) Does she not know that this whole sin business (including homosexuality) is her fault anyway, since the woman was the one that was decieved? But don't worry, she can still be saved if she has a child (1 Timothy 2:14-15).

No, tell her to go get a husband, submit to him and ask his permission to post anything else on Facebook (1 Corinthians 14:34-35), not that he should grant it, it is after all a shame for a woman to speak in church. After all, her natural use is to be a sexual object for the pleasure of men (Romans 1:27), not to write stupid things on Facebook. So tell her to go get that husband and submit. But she shouldn't be surprised when he leaves her to get that reward from Jesus (Mark 10:29-30, Luke 18:29-30). When that happens, tell her to suck it up, since men are holy to god, not women. (Luke 2:23)

 

Ugh. With such institutionalized and explicit misogyny, why do some women (like the girl who wrote that tripe on Facebook) make such devout christians? I will never understand that...


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:3

Well, thats good for her being a christian and all.

 

But what about me? I'm not a christian, and her religion's rules are not my rules.

 

 

What if I have a religion that praises homosexuality, even worships it? I think she is blaspheming.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


mrjonno
Posts: 726
Joined: 2007-02-26
User is offlineOffline
As i said to some nut job

As i said to some nut job christian who came up to me in the UK,

'Sorry I don't like to associate with people who promote sexual pervesions like most christians do'

Looking confused I explained how celibracy due to religion was every bit as sick and perveted and probably did more damage than paedophilia (in numbers of people effected).

I no longer bother calling christians irrational as they think thats a badge of honour, calling them sick perverted child molestors really gets to the point quicker and even if they don't agree with it they at least understand I'm insuting them

 

 


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
Oh look! There's

Oh look! There's more!

Quote:

Cohabitation is defined as a couple’s decision to live together, in a house or apartment, before getting married. So technically it is when a boyfriend and girlfriend live together, unmarried, seeing each other morning day and night, sleeping in the same building, dining at the same table, using the same bathroom to shower and get dressed—all the private moments once reserved for living alone or with family become public to another person.

Well, in short, No! I am a true Christian, devoted to God and His purpose for marriage, during which two persons of the opposite sex are pulled from their families to start one of their own by creating children. This is only proper after an engagement and marriage, hopefully a life-long union blessed by God. It's not about two persons of the opposite gender, opposite biological sex, preferably in love but that is often not the case. But who says that marriage has to be for love? Why can't it be for the love of God, because of a commitment to God first, ten to each other? As it should be. But I digress. Another blog for another time.

When two people live together, they start acting like they are married without actually being married. Like I said before, their once-private matters are now made public. He gets into the her business, she becomes jealous of where he goes, they check up on the other's personal matters. If he works, she inquire as to who he ate lunch with that day and what happened after work. He can search for questionable information on the her personal computer if there is any kind of suspicion whatsoever and if instead of coming home, one individual decides to stay over a friend’s house, it is apparently a crime. Word to these confused couples: you are not married! You have no one to answer to but first and foremost, forever and ever, God, and your parents as well! Later, when you have your own family, when you have a husband or a wife, you will answer to him or her, but God is always Number One and until you are married, your life should be about serving Him and doing His will, or at least doing right by your parents if you haven't learned the Truth.

As for having children before getting married, although the couple may be living together, well it is still believe it is a flat-out No. Children are a blessing separated for married couples ready to have children. In addition, This couple runs a high risk of separating in the event of raising the child. Most times, it creates more arguments and the parents-to-be get sick and tired of each other. One would think that with a child on their hands, they would feel more compelled to stay together for the sake of the child, but that is often not the case. Then the child would, unfortunately, be raised in a dysfunctional family, causing him/her more psychological and stress-related problems than one would wish for. If the couple becomes pregnant before living together, then maybe they should consider getting married for the sake of the child, staying together would be best for the baby. Who knows? Maybe the little blessing will teach responsibility to the careless couple too confused about who to put first in their lives that they chose a person rather than the Father. And Americans wonder why there is so much evil in the world...

I ask, what is happening to American tradition in the United States? Why is it that all of a sudden, the once taboo notion of living together before marriage, or having sex before marriage, is now socially acceptable? Are we so blind as to ignore the fundamentals of traditional family life? What has happened to the morals and values this country was raised on? It seems that the more power we give certain groups of people who do not deserve it (aka the youth), once kept under control by the law, the more liberal and thus more foolish Americans become. Who in his/her right mind would give birth control to a 10 year old without consulting her parents? A nurse in the state of Massachusetts would. Who would perform an abortion without parental consent on a 14 year old girl? A NYC doctor would. And who would allow an 18 and 20 year old live together in college because they are “legal adults” (and therefore can make their own decisions) after they have known each other for only one month? A foolish father would, because now she’s three months pregnant, 18 years old, unemployed, uneducated and her baby daddy is struggling to pay the rent on the apartment.  Same goes for the 19 year old guy dropping out of college to become a parent with his 19 year old girlfriend--their 6th pregnancy--and he's already cheated on her twice.  Both these couples plan on getting married, but chances are their poor children will suffer very negative consequences because their parents refused to adhere to the perfect design by the perfect Creator:YHWH GD!

So in conclusion, it is not in the cards for unmarried couples to live together. It ruins the lovely design and mystery of waiting until marriage, the perfect union blessed by God to be as one person and procreate for the the greater good and raise a child with the same love and tradition God so instilled in us to teach. It is not the people we are inside that allow such unnecessary and unjust foolishness to happen; it is the society that our Enemy has taken control of. Let us reclaim what is God's: THE FAMILY.

 

 

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
WOWJust, wow ~ both of those

WOW

Just, wow ~ both of those entries in her blog border craziness.

What would you lose by picking apart her blog? Is her blog private - would you lose the access to the lulz if you posted a response that critiqued her beliefs?

Even if she just ignores what you say, would her audience be able to read your comments?

She needs help.  Eye-wink

**O i just read she spammed facebook friends, so she could 'unfriend' you...**

You could feign being a lost soul ~ ask for her help and ask her ALL sorts of questions that will make her think about her own belief (that is where you can get all scientific)

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
I would suggest not even

I would suggest not even trying to reason with someone who is this delusional...the self righteous, indignatious premise from which she operates precludes her from being able to accomodate rationality, let alone introspection.

I would take the "less is more" approach and simply respond to her inane blog like this:

"You are an Ignorant Bigot. Surely if there were a god he would punish myopic, small minded, hate filled Xenophobes like yourself. Have a nice day."


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
peppermint, you're an

peppermint, you're an intelligent girl.  why the fuck you wanna waste your time?  go watch an ingmar bergman film or read some goethe or take up pipe smoking.

since i'm an obvious admirer of karl marx, i'll give you some info about him.  his most tragic fault was that he wasted so much time--time he could've spent completing capital--writing 300-page responses to the arguments of jackasses who didn't merit a 500-word editorial in the neue rheinische zeitung.  don't make the same mistake.  insult her mother and move on.

we don't get our minutes back, darlin'.  go work out a unified field theory or something.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry peppermint, I

I'm sorry peppermint, I tried. My brain cells gave up on the second paragraph and I passed out. I don't wanna go through that again.

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:peppermint,

iwbiek wrote:

peppermint, you're an intelligent girl.  why the fuck you wanna waste your time?  go watch an ingmar bergman film or read some goethe or take up pipe smoking.

since i'm an obvious admirer of karl marx, i'll give you some info about him.  his most tragic fault was that he wasted so much time--time he could've spent completing capital--writing 300-page responses to the arguments of jackasses who didn't merit a 500-word editorial in the neue rheinische zeitung.  don't make the same mistake.  insult her mother and move on.

we don't get our minutes back, darlin'.  go work out a unified field theory or something.

I don't want to waste my time and I'm not going to. I just wanted to see what you all would say. Smiling

 

THERE ARE SO MANY LULZ AHEAD!

http://angelaprrfecta.revelife.com/weblog/

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
 Quote: Thou shalt not

 

Quote:

Thou shalt not kill--but that doesn't mean just murder, it means insulting, gossiping


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
D:

Wow, what a horrible color scheme. The background only makes it worse.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Wow, what a

ClockCat wrote:

Wow, what a horrible color scheme. The background only makes it worse.

Yeah, bright pink and yellow on a white background? Why don't I just gouge my eyes out?

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


FreeHugMachine
FreeHugMachine's picture
Posts: 152
Joined: 2009-04-02
User is offlineOffline
::facepalm::

If a person needs to highlight the text in order to read your blog (or scroll up/down constantly), you are fucking retarded.  I mean, when you go to look at your own website how can you not notice that the words are nearly invisible due to the background!?

 

 

*Edits cause it's 4:30am and I'm batshit crazy >.<*


Fanas
Posts: 249
Joined: 2008-03-27
User is offlineOffline
There's nothing you can do

There's nothing you can do for her. Let her believe in all that bullshit. She won't listen to anything you say.

 

 

P.S. Color scheme like this, should be punishable by death - it burns my eyes.


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Fanas wrote:There's nothing

Fanas wrote:

There's nothing you can do for her. Let her believe in all that bullshit. She won't listen to anything you say.

 

 

P.S. Color scheme like this, should be punishable by death - it burns my eyes.

Hell, if she can extend the commandment ''thou shalt not kill'' to gossiping I'm sure we could make that colo scheme fit in one of them.

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:Fanas

SSBBJunky wrote:

Fanas wrote:

There's nothing you can do for her. Let her believe in all that bullshit. She won't listen to anything you say.

 

 

P.S. Color scheme like this, should be punishable by death - it burns my eyes.

Hell, if she can extend the commandment ''thou shalt not kill'' to gossiping I'm sure we could make that colo scheme fit in one of them.

you guys crack me up hahaha. It's so much easier to deal with people like this with this community. The best part about this girl is her hypocrisy. JUST LYK TEH BIBLE! Check this out.

[Interests] Basically I love all my activities with the addition of boyz (especially the rare truly CHRiSTiAN ones)!!! I can't forget the paranormal!

Not to mention her excessive photo-whoring with plenty of sexual undertones.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
peppermint wrote:SSBBJunky

peppermint wrote:

SSBBJunky wrote:

Fanas wrote:

There's nothing you can do for her. Let her believe in all that bullshit. She won't listen to anything you say.

 

 

P.S. Color scheme like this, should be punishable by death - it burns my eyes.

Hell, if she can extend the commandment ''thou shalt not kill'' to gossiping I'm sure we could make that colo scheme fit in one of them.

you guys crack me up hahaha. It's so much easier to deal with people like this with this community. The best part about this girl is her hypocrisy. JUST LYK TEH BIBLE! Check this out.

[Interests] Basically I love all my activities with the addition of boyz (especially the rare truly CHRiSTiAN ones)!!! I can't forget the paranormal!

Not to mention her excessive photo-whoring with plenty of sexual undertones.

Retarded(yet kinda hot, but not even close to peppermint ) Christian Chick wrote:

With you He created a wo/man for you and every girl/boy you do things with, whatever you see with a lustful eye is committing adultery to your future spouse.

Interesting, she must know that by posting those pics it's inevitable that some guys will feel lust towards her, therefore having commited adultery, and.... causing divorces?? god, logic gets weird when you assume her crazy premises.

 

 

 

 

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
????? wrote:Thou shalt not

????? wrote:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife--Remember how I said that God chose a wife for every man from the moment of conception? Every girl/boy you meet now that isn't your wife is someone else's wife. Be careful what you do with them. And also, you don't have to believe me, but at least believe God and these are God's rules His opinions and not believing in them is not believing in Christ. This is what He represents.

Buuuuut, what if thy neighbor's wife is the wife that god had intended for you and she only got married because she got knocked up and her parents forced her to do it!

 

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
SSBBJunky wrote:?????

SSBBJunky wrote:

????? wrote:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife--Remember how I said that God chose a wife for every man from the moment of conception? Every girl/boy you meet now that isn't your wife is someone else's wife. Be careful what you do with them. And also, you don't have to believe me, but at least believe God and these are God's rules His opinions and not believing in them is not believing in Christ. This is what He represents.

Buuuuut, what if thy neighbor's wife is the wife that god had intended for you and she only got married because she got knocked up and her parents forced her to do it!

 

I know! Your brain CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS CAN IT??

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
peppermint wrote:SSBBJunky

peppermint wrote:

SSBBJunky wrote:

????? wrote:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife--Remember how I said that God chose a wife for every man from the moment of conception? Every girl/boy you meet now that isn't your wife is someone else's wife. Be careful what you do with them. And also, you don't have to believe me, but at least believe God and these are God's rules His opinions and not believing in them is not believing in Christ. This is what He represents.

Buuuuut, what if thy neighbor's wife is the wife that god had intended for you and she only got married because she got knocked up and her parents forced her to do it!

 

I know! Your brain CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS CAN IT??

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I used to like those

I used to like those kind.

They cry with regret after you fuck them.

Two weeks into dating them, they're smoking, cursing, drinking, and had at least one threesome.

Two months later, they're telling ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS HOW EVIL YOU ARE and Voila! more dates.

Most susceptible: Pentecostals, Apostolics, Bible Holiness, and Wesleyans.

Man, I love me some Apostolics though. There is nothing like post-coital forgiveness talk with a woman married to god.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:I used to

darth_josh wrote:

I used to like those kind.

They cry with regret after you fuck them.

Two weeks into dating them, they're smoking, cursing, drinking, and had at least one threesome.

Two months later, they're telling ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS HOW EVIL YOU ARE and Voila! more dates.

Most susceptible: Pentecostals, Apostolics, Bible Holiness, and Wesleyans.

Man, I love me some Apostolics though. There is nothing like post-coital forgiveness talk with a woman married to god.

you beat me to the punch, darth.  i had similar experiences as you in college and i was about to say, this girl is pretty much a sure thing to anybody who would be interested in a roll in the hay.  in fact, it's probably already happened.

ironically, the guys who are least likely to score with these types are the "real christians" they say they want.  that's because those guys believe the hype and actually try to treat them how they say they want to be treated, like "flowers of god's creation" or some horseshit.  forget it, nothing excites these girls like a man who can say "fuck" with conviction after taking a swig of bud. 

though i have to say, none of the god girls ever cried or repented after sex, at least not while i was there.  then again, i was always very cold, very callous, and made it quite clear that i thought their religion was childish and stupid and i would leave the fucking room if they dared to bore me with it.  melted 'em like butter.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


WBFL
Posts: 37
Joined: 2008-03-09
User is offlineOffline
 Quote: If you believe you

 

Quote:
If you believe you are destined to be homosexual, that it is who you are, God would tell you to search for Him not your own plasure, and I as a Christian following Christ's ways would suggest staying single because marriage is a a commitment to God and you cannot be committed to God if you are living in sin.

 

Does that mean we are marrying god? If it does, isnt god a he? and in that case were all marrying men... FAK

Knowledge is power
Power leads to corruption
Corrution leads to crime
Crime doesn't pay
So if you study you'll go broke.


HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
Posts: 4100
Joined: 2008-02-21
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:What if I

ClockCat wrote:


What if I have a religion that praises homosexuality, even worships it? I think she is blaspheming.


What, you mean like the Great Moose's Book of Fags?


11 And lo, His Mooseness prevailed upon the crowd and said unto them, "I am THE MOOSE, and I say unto you: give in not to the temptation to stereotype thine brothers who like the cock, and thine muff-diving sisters. For many are those among you who have been great and totally gay. Look thou at the great Turing. For who among you can say that Germany's ciphers would have been cracked, that computer science would have moved forward without him? He is but one example.


16 I'm not talking about the Designer Guys. For verily, they are annoying, and the shit they do doesn't even look good.


18 Make not thineself ridiculous by thinking that one specific trait or behaviour is Total Damnation, and thou shalt be Just Fine."

 

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence


peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
Posts: 539
Joined: 2006-08-14
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:ClockCat

HisWillness wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

 

What if I have a religion that praises homosexuality, even worships it? I think she is blaspheming.

 

What, you mean like the Great Moose's Book of Fags?

 

11 And lo, His Mooseness prevailed upon the crowd and said unto them, "I am THE MOOSE, and I say unto you: give in not to the temptation to stereotype thine brothers who like the cock, and thine muff-diving sisters. For many are those among you who have been great and totally gay. Look thou at the great Turing. For who among you can say that Germany's ciphers would have been cracked, that computer science would have moved forward without him? He is but one example.

 

16 I'm not talking about the Designer Guys. For verily, they are annoying, and the shit they do doesn't even look good.

 

18 Make not thineself ridiculous by thinking that one specific trait or behaviour is Total Damnation, and thou shalt be Just Fine."

 

That book is essential to understanding humanity. If the moose like it, it must be good.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby


SSBBJunky
Superfan
Posts: 209
Joined: 2009-02-06
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:What, you

HisWillness wrote:

What, you mean like the Great Moose's Book of Fags?

peppermint wrote:

That book is essential to understanding humanity. If the moose like it, it must be good.

Don't start another war now!

 

 

btw, if anyone has AIM, add me: ssbbjunky

 

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''