Should all drugs be legalized?
How's that for a question, eh? Personally I think drugs should be legalized and placed into stores, but why? Well, my prediction to such a circumstance would be that it would reduce most if not ALL drug related crimes. A downfall however, would be that upon legalization there would be a burst of people wanting drugs, but I would predict this would come to a slow down in further years for I've come to an opinion that most drug users are merely doing it to disobey the law, the rest do it because of an addiction. I understand that's quite a radical assumption, but we all have our own opinions. Anyway, here's a list of pros and cons for people like me who are lazy and want to get to the chase.
- Murder would be greatly reduced
- Imprisoning for drug abuse will be abolished
- The economy will be greatly helped (money spent housing and feeding "thugs" will be reduced, also drug money would help)
- For all we know people may be over all happier
- The number of rapes may be increased increasing murder from what it has reduced to (date rape drugs)
- Many people will become addicted to such drugs upon legalization (which may prove harmless)
- Drug related deaths are more likely to occur
My opinion is my own, I'd like to hear your opinions on this, are you for legalized drugs? Or against them?
Dictated but not read.