Arguing with OrdinaryClay or Paisley?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arguing with OrdinaryClay or Paisley?

Here is a video that sums of my experiences in trying to communicate with them.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm... so... it makes no

Hmmm... so... it makes no sense, is mindnumbingly repetetive, hurts my brain, and I had to stop halfway through so I wouldn't break my computer monitor.  Am I about on track for the appropriate response?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where ... how ... WHY did

Where ... how ... WHY did you find that? That, uh, "media presentation" has not a single redeeming feature.

Fuck.

In other news, I'm done with Paisley. He's a troll.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I'm glad that I seem to have communicated my feelings here well.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:Where ...

HisWillness wrote:

Where ... how ... WHY did you find that? That, uh, "media presentation" has not a single redeeming feature.

Fuck.

Yeah. That's why I gave up on him. He refuses to engage in any kind of intelligent conversation. Everything he does is constantly coloured by his monomaniacal dualism. He refuses to acknowledge any other point. He casually brushes aside any evidence against his position using a bizarre combination of clever sophistry and ignorance. Catch him in a contradiction and he denies it; show him competing hypotheses and he rationalizes them away. And he's only getting worse as his position erodes.

If he weren't so fucking arrogant he might actually provide interesting discussion. I think that's the most frustrating part for me.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Here is a

ClockCat wrote:
Here is a video that sums of my experiences in trying to communicate with them....

It shouldn't surprise you to know that I'm not the least bit interested in your video or problems.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:ClockCat

treat2 wrote:
ClockCat wrote:
Here is a video that sums of my experiences in trying to communicate with them....
It shouldn't surprise you to know that I'm not the least bit interested in your video or problems.

And I doubt most people here are the least bit interested in your reaction, especially in your lack of interest...

If you are that uninterested, why did you even bother to post in this thread??

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

treat2, are you Paisley, OrdinaryClay, or both?

I don't see much else reason for you to respond to this thread, especially the way you did.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Here is a

ClockCat wrote:

Here is a video that is a contender for worst creative work ever.

I fixed that for you.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
...............AAAAAAAHHHHH!

...............AAAAAAAHHHHH! It was horrible, but I couldn't stop watching it! Why?!

It was almost as bad as reading Paisley's posts in the placebo thread! Edit: It hurts your brain, but you can't stop reading them.... 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
WTF???Oh wait, that's

WTF???

Oh wait, that's right... that's usually my reaction to anything Paisley or OrdinaryClay posts.

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
You all clearly didn't watch

You all clearly didn't watch the video.

(Just playin' around. That is Paisley's favorite line.)

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:You all

Jormungander wrote:

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:You all

Jormungander wrote:

Unfortunately for my brain, I did. I feel a little dumber now. Just dumb enough to use the word dumber in the wrong context.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:In other

HisWillness wrote:

Couldn't have put it better.

He's one of those that says "all the evidence points to God" and then when you show him all the evidence that contradicts that just shrugs and fabricates some explanation of how it's not applicable.

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Zymotic
Superfan
Zymotic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I liked the music. Gabber

I liked the music. Gabber music is really nice to juggle to.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Am I the only one who saw

Am I the only one who saw frylock in that vid?