What you need to know about your new car (work rant)

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
What you need to know about your new car (work rant)

ALL SIMILARITY TO THE REAL PLACES, PEOPLE AND EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTIAL AND COMPLETELY FALSE
There is something which you might find useful to know about my work, or car production in general.
If you are insane enough to buy a Hyundai car, this article may have a vital importance for you.  Primarily, this is about Hyundai i30 and i30CW, but also possibly about KIA (they're made of the same parts by the same company) and it is well possible that it may be relevant for any other new car. You might even want to buy a bike instead, after reading this article.

Firstly, grab all the safety belts one after another, and pull them out so quickly that they get jammed, which is what they should do, in order to save your life in a car crash. We in the factory don't really care about your life. We only care if the belt indicator lights goes off, if all the belts are plugged in. That's what we do.

Do NOT hold the keys in starting position for more than two seconds. The starting part in there is a Korean stuff and it can get fried very quickly. And it reputedly costs about a thousand of dollars.

Don't ever touch the plastic moldings on inner side of rear doors. They're always ready to get loose and fall off. It is a similar case with sill side moldings and the front glass moldings may be not as well holding as they appear to be.

If your built-in navigation does not have a CD with it's software, we probably had a lack of them in our storage. If the navigation manual is missing, I'm sorry, I kinda sometimes forget to put it there. Find the nearest child genius to find out how the nagivation actually works.

If there is a missing net in the car trunk, or an incorrect size, well, we tend to do that kind of mistake if it's our fifth overtime in that week. Don't expect us to feel guilty for that, it's the fault of the corporation, the class enemy.

If you find out, that your car manual is in German, Italian, French, Dutch, Danish or so, but not in the real language of yours, well, someone at the working line had a bad day.

Down below in the car trunk there can be a gaping hole in the metal. There were supposed to be five of them, but we found only one.

Don't dare to complain that your key ignition light doesn't work. We stopped even looking at it months ago. The same it is also for interior materials - who cares if there is a correct combination of cloth and leather? The customer's ass certainly not. Most of the time, we just mark everything as good. I'd have to take a have more thousands on my paycheck to actually start carin

Try to prop against the dishmetal on various sides. The Korean car body is almost as soft as paper, they were forced to strenghten it a little for Europe, but it's still weak. At least your car doesn't have an excessive weight.

The inch-wide gaps on your indicator panel, floor console box, cockpit, ceiling light, doors, back door hinges, front glass molding, roof molding, inner pillar moldings, and so on, can be considered as a secondary trash depositories for your passengers.

If you like insects, Hyundai is a perfect car for you. When these cars stand at the car park, all sorts of local fauna searches a shelter in there. A customer can then observe several kinds of central-european spiders (including the beautiful bright green spider), various snout beetles, mosquites, lacewings, and ichneumon flies. A must-have for an entomologist!
Unfortunately, mice or rats weren't yet observed as a standard accessories.

The drivers and night guards uses the parked cars to sleep, smoke, eat and probably also to shag there, this is then how it smells like and how clean it is. But the candy wrappers are ours, the quality inspectors'.

If you are a citizen of United Kingdom who bought the Hyundai car, I must say to you, FUCK YOU, BASTARD. There are 12 stickers with VIN code on your car. We have to stick them on exact places, while we have a fuckin' no time for that. And in recent weeks, we have more UK cars than anything else.  And we are undermanned, or better said, underwomaned. The position on the line which places the stickers is always very busy with supplying the navigations and trunk nets. We have no more than minute to make one car.
And what these fuckin' stickers are good for? They're called anti-theft labels. But I have no idea how a label can stop a thief from taking your damn british car as he likes. The only reason I can think of is a possibility, that a factory which believes that a few labels can stop a thief is foolish enough to make this car a total crap, not worthy of stealing, which is true.
And - learn to drive on the right side, the only right side to drive, for the fuck's sake! These factors are what convinced me, that British people should not be allowed to have cars.

Don't even dare to rely upon your ABS. Electronics is pretty faulty on our cars and ABS is the most. But even more faulty was until recently our diagnostic system for that electronics. Most of the cars marked as faulty were not faulty at all, and it is possible, that some cars out there are faulty, though unnoticed by our diagnostics.
Similar it is with the ISG system. (an automatic switching off and on the engine if you wait on a crossroad for a long time) It sometimes can't be switched off.

If you look at the car's paint, don't look too closely. There's a lot of chips, dents, drips, spots, sandmarks, scratches and cracks, which you don't need to know about.

We also produced about 10 000 cars with scratched rear brake lights. You can take a look if yours is of that special edition.

We of course try to point out all the errors, but we're underpaid, overworked and going on minimal crew, so a lot of it gets through. And the best thing about it is, that most of what we point out is let out as well, because we don't really have a facilities to fix the cars we just produced. Each car may have about a dozen of glitches.

Surprising as it may be, there are people in this factory who still consider this car as worthy of stealing. My friend filmed two men by his cell phone, who drove into the area through guards in their car. From the other side, someone drove a new combi. The two men mounted a signplates on the combi and then they drove both cars out of the area. The guards didn't notice anything. They did it twice, at least, before they were caught.
Anyway, those who want to borrow something from the work, can do it easily by putting it to a fence around the area, and then taking it from the other side. All the efforts of guards to scan our asses and search our bags are thus worthless. Anyway, the greatest thieves are our managers, they're guardproof.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have seen go-carts that

I have seen go-carts that were better built, but if you buy a $7,000 car... You get a car that costs about $800 to build.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
In short, all involved in

In short, all involved in the purchase failed to do sufficient research into the qualitative and quantitative aspects of the purchase.

Caveat emptor, dude. Never rely on others if you don't have to.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Very funny

Thanks, Luminon. That was enlightening, and very funny. Scary, but funny.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
The door handles break off

The door handles break off too.  Where's your manager?!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
hazindu wrote:The door

hazindu wrote:

The door handles break off too.  Where's your manager?!

Which one? There so much of managers. I work for a company which works for a company which works for a company which produces the cars. There are also some side companies handling employees, parts or paychecks. Every company has their crowd of managers, and every managers likes to get paid a lot and to mess with things in the companies below his, in the hierarchy. You'd be wrong with searching for a responsibility there. The lowest employee has the most of responsibility. And don't count with me for your handles, this had been one hell of a month, and I got my paycheck already shortened twice. Anyway, that would be the first time I hear about handless breaking off. We're really checking them, and we're not particularly soft about it. "If it can break off, let it break off when it's still in the factory," that's our motto.
So far, the handles were only incorrect, I mean, painted handles on one side, and black plastic handles on the other. The more overtimes, the lower the quality is.

PS: what's the type and VIN code of your car? VIN code is a number you've got just below the front window on left side from driver's view. It's visible from the outside. It may tell me in which month it was approximately made. So far, the maximum VIN is 40 000, because we've made so much cars.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol, If I ever see that car

lol, If I ever see that car again I'll try to remember to look that up.  Seriously though, three of the door handles on my little sisters 03 Accident broke off, and we told her to leave the back seat folded down incase she had to climb in through the trunk.  I thought it was pretty funny, but she seemed more annoyed.

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?