Holocaust in denial

wkirby
User is offlineOffline
Holocaust in denial

Every time I see a post criticizing Jews I see a bunch of cries of “anti-semitism” and “Holocaust denier”. In fact, this whole site seems to be more along the lines of “Christianity sucks but Jews are alright” than it is Atheism.

I was under the impression that this forum was for non-theist only. From your responses is seems that; there are a lot of Jews claiming to be Atheists, a lot of poorly educated reactionaries or blissfully ignorant peace-loving people who are under the misguided assertion that the Holocaust was the worst atrocity ever committed to human kind. The Holocaust wasn’t even the worst atrocity of the 20th Century, let alone all time.

Don’t get me wrong, what Hitler attempted was abhorrent beyond words but not because they were Jews, because they were people. The Holocaust is no more significant to world history than may other similar attempts at genocide - it’s just got a better PR campaign.

For all you defenders of the hard done by Jews, do you shed a tear for the Sudanese (2003-present  675,000 people have been killed, and 5,590,000 people have been displaced ) or Rwandans (1994 - 800,000 and 1,000,000)? How about Cambodians (1975-1979, approximately 1,700,000 ) or Armenians (1914-1920 approximately 1,000,000 to 1,500,000)? These are all war-time attempts at genocide and while the outright numbers aren’t as high as the reported numbers of Jews killed, as a percentage of the population, these attempts blow Hitler out of the water.

Let’s also not forget non-wartime attempts at genocide and have a look at Australia.
Australia attempted genocide (and was very nearly successful) of native Aboriginals. All Aboriginals were successfully eradicated from Tasmania and it was government policy until the mid 1970s to remove Aboriginal children from their homes and place them with good white Christian families, as it was eloquently put in “Braveheart” - “If we can’t wipe them out, we shall breed them out”. Exact numbers of those killed or displaced are unknown.

How about China? Admittedly Chairman Mao didn’t attempt genocide but with estimated numbers of somewhere between 45,000,000 and 72,000,000 - and that’s not including Tibet - I think you’d have to agree the Holocaust suddenly looks like a weak effort.

In such illustrious company one should also include Stalin who is estimated to have somewhere between 20,000,000 and 50,000,000 notches on his belt. Again, no genocide attempted but he should at least get an A for effort.

Even the most liberal estimates of Hitler put him at a paltry 25,000,000 and only about 5,000,000 of those were Jews.

The worst part about these numbers is that this all happened in the 20th Century!

Looking further back in time you have such regimes as the Mongols, the Romans, the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Assyrians and the Aztecs and who knows how many people died at the hands of these great empires.

So I’m asking, please… pretty please… can we leave the plaintiff cries of “What about the Holocaust” and “you nasty anti-semite” at the door and have some unbiased, rational debate on religious issues?

Why can't people accept that Atheism is by definition no faith? I don't believe in Atheism, I simply am Atheist.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Oh, good. You guys *had* to bring up the holocaust and get 'Nony going again, didn't you?

:P

As I am expert on several aspects of the subject I am always interesting in discussing it.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Nothing in this thread will

Nothing in this thread will be more enjoyable than my irritating the variety of posters ranging from those that are highly irritated, to others that are uninterested in demonstrating the ignorance in deference to announcing their stupidity.

I accept yor invitation.
And I invite myself to irritate a vast number other idiots that have joined the thread.

This should be amusing.
Enjoy!

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

treat2 wrote:
Nothing in this thread will be more enjoyable than my irritating the variety of posters ranging from those that are highly irritated, to others that are uninterested in demonstrating the ignorance in deference to announcing their stupidity. I accept yor invitation. And I invite myself to irritate a vast number other idiots that have joined the thread. This should be amusing. Enjoy!

Sounds like fun.

I was just looking through some old material of mine working out the motif for Dune with the Fahdakey as the Fedayeen and the Harkonen as the HaCohen. Of course the spice is oil.

I doubt you can annoy anyone who is a real atheist. It is only these fake atheists who are getting upset.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

wkirby
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:I was

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I was just looking through some old material of mine working out the motif for Dune with the Fahdakey as the Fedayeen and the Harkonen as the HaCohen. Of course the spice is oil.

Could you please post whatever you have on this in another thread somewhere or at least point me in the right direction to look it up?

I am a huge fan of Dune. Thanks in advance.

Why can't people accept that Atheism is by definition no faith? I don't believe in Atheism, I simply am Atheist.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Did you know that the Jews

Did you know that the Jews control the weather?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:I doubt

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I doubt you can annoy anyone who is a real atheist. It is only these fake atheists who are getting upset.

Uh, what exactly is a fake atheist?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

butterbattle wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

From previous threads it appears there are those people who claim to be both atheists and jews. That is quite as absurd as a person claiming to be an atheist and a christian.

[To anyone wishing to claim one can be both jewish and atheist the requirement is to list something that holds all Jews together such that the word Jew can be correctly applied which has nothing to do with the religion.]

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

treat2 wrote:
Did you know that the Jews control the weather?

I can search Amazon and find no books claiming that. I can search on terms about control of Hollywood and find dozens of books written by Jews positively celebrating jewish control of Hollywood.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

wkirby wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Could you please post whatever you have on this in another thread somewhere or at least point me in the right direction to look it up?

I am a huge fan of Dune. Thanks in advance.

I'll try to find it again. Remind me. If not I'll try to recreate it. It not much more than some notes. I suspect if I look around I'll find a complete comparison published some place.

But maybe I really do not need to. I was considering where Herbert got his inspiration. It was obvious from the beginning that he was using the middle east, oil and the world outside the middle east needing it. A few years back I got to reading it again and noticed many other parallels such as Harkohonnen and HaCohen or H'Kohn to make it more Hebrew. In the intervening years (I first read the books as they were serialized in Analog) I had picked up a lot of terminology that applies to the region. There are so many parallels it is surprising it hasn't been declared antisemitic.

The Mahdi is a messianic figure but not Jesus. Much of Paul is taken from the Mahdi. That is why the Jesus analogies come off so weak.

www.ussliberty.org

wkirby
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:But maybe

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

But maybe I really do not need to. I was considering where Herbert got his inspiration. It was obvious from the beginning that he was using the middle east, oil and the world outside the middle east needing it.

I knew he was using Dune as a metaphor for the middle east. This was reinforced when I had the opportunity to go there a couple of years ago and marvel at the silver sky described in Dune. I'm afraid my knowledge of both Hebrew and Arabic mean that I cannot fully appreciate the subtleties so those insights would make it that much better. It's probably more appropriate to communicate privately about this shared geekery so as not to bore the others more interested in the topic at hand.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

butterbattle wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

From previous threads it appears there are those people who claim to be both atheists and jews. That is quite as absurd as a person claiming to be an atheist and a christian.

[To anyone wishing to claim one can be both jewish and atheist the requirement is to list something that holds all Jews together such that the word Jew can be correctly applied which has nothing to do with the religion.]

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz....

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
 O.K. Mr Treat...I had made

O.K. Mr Treat...

I had made an assertion that you reffered to as ignorant...then my little feelings were hurt and I sophmorically reacted by telling you to "go Fuck Yourself"... I think perhaps you were correct in your original post regarding me, and that I *am* ignorant to this topic... In the interest of learning I am sincerely asking you to educate me on something that I apparently don't understand. This is my superficial understanding on this topic, please correct any inacuracies...I am sure there will be many:

Unlike Muslims and Christians, Jews believe that their "being Jewish" transends religion, and that they are a seperate (race, culture)??... If someone's heritage is for example,  a "Russian Jew" ...they would *not* consider themselves of Russian heritage, rather they would consider themselves Jews first and foremost...based on historical accounts of a common decendance...

So when I reffered to Jews simply as a religion amd lumped them in with Christians and Muslims without qualifying it by making a distinction between religion and heritage, I was in fact insulting Jewish cultural heritage, rather than making a religious assertion. 

Am I in the ballpark?

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote: O.K. Mr

Rich Woods wrote:

O.K. Mr Treat...

I had made an assertion that you reffered to as ignorant...then my little feelings were hurt and I sophmorically reacted by telling you to "go Fuck Yourself"... I think perhaps you were correct in your original post regarding me, and that I *am* ignorant to this topic... In the interest of learning I am sincerely asking you to educate me on something that I apparently don't understand. This is my superficial understanding on this topic, please correct any inacuracies...I am sure there will be many:

Unlike Muslims and Christians, Jews believe that their "being Jewish" transends religion, and that they are a seperate (race, culture)??... If someone's heritage is for example,  a "Russian Jew" ...they would *not* consider themselves of Russian heritage, rather they would consider themselves Jews first and foremost...based on historical accounts of a common decendance...

So when I reffered to Jews simply as a religion amd lumped them in with Christians and Muslims without qualifying it by making a distinction between religion and heritage, I was in fact insulting Jewish cultural heritage, rather than making a religious assertion. 

Am I in the ballpark?

Quick question... why would I
care? Ask a Jew.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Any one who disagrees with A_Nony_Mouse is a fake atheist (especially as it pertains to Jews or Judaism). They are also closet Jews, as per his posts I linked earlier in this thread.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Rich Woods wrote:

O.K. Mr Treat...

The obvious place to start is that belief is meaningless. Nothing more be said on this.

The idea of common decendance is also nonsense as eastern European Jews share no ancestry with Palestinian Jews.

Therefore the belief does not pass the giggle test.

Rich Woods wrote:

Am I in the ballpark?

There is no jewish heritage that is independent of religion. This is not rocket surgery.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Any one who disagrees with A_Nony_Mouse is a fake atheist (especially as it pertains to Jews or Judaism). They are also closet Jews, as per his posts I linked earlier in this thread.

Those who cannot present a single thing which connects Jews other than religion continue to say things like that.

If a person claims to be a Jew he just accept something of the religion of Judaism absent the presentation of a non-religious connection.

www.ussliberty.org

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Next thread... "Slavery in

Next thread... "Slavery in Denial"

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks Mr.

Thanks Mr. Mouse...

Actually your post is exactly what  I have always believed... I was just trying to figure out where the hostility directed at me came from... 

Now I know... from just another Douche Bag. Thanks...I owe you a beer.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Rich Woods wrote:

Thanks Mr. Mouse...

Actually your post is exactly what  I have always believed... I was just trying to figure out where the hostility directed at me came from... 

Now I know... from just another Douche Bag. Thanks...I owe you a beer.

Beer debts are among the few I take seriously.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

latincanuck wrote:

Never seen atheists tell people they are anti-semites on this website personally, however we have had jews calls various people that because they wouldn't stop typing out God instead of G-d, but that's a difference issue,

People with hypenated gods can't be all that serious about theism in the first place.

www.ussliberty.org