How strong our brain mess-up ourself

watzup
User is offlineOffline
How strong our brain mess-up ourself

Imagine you are in a flight someway on the other side of the wold. Unfortunately it crash badly into the ground, the good news is you are alive, the bad news is only you are there and you are in the middle of nowhere. There is no water supply that you can find on your surrounding, then one day, two days passed. You must be really thirsty right now, the need of water make your brain mess-up your consciousness, it create the  imaginary fresh water , or anything else that you wanted to be there. One of the Christian priest told me, if I want the presence of Jesus/God, I have to feel thirsty on his presence, which means I have to make my own brain to mess with my consciousness to to experience the "imaginary" presence of God in my life. I am sorry but I seriously don't want to make my brain to experience something that is unreal, if God is real, I want him to suddenly appear in front of my eyes, and not from imaginary picture that is made by my mind. unfortunately a lot of Christians people out there can't see this connection, they don't dare accept the reality when they feel they feel the presence/sounds/whatever of God, its their brain who are messing up with their consciousness and created what they think as the truth. Please leave your comment, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
There are a wide variety of

There are a wide variety of sub-atomic particles that can be seen, and we can't see what dark-matter is, nor what's behind it. We can't see Strings that are theorized in String theory. In fact at this point, String theory / M-theory is based entirely upon mathematics (as I understand it), black-holes can't be seen either.

How do you feel about the above-mentioned "science", and why would you conclude what you do conclude, despite not seeing or knowing AS FACT, any of the above-mentioned items, yet at the same time not believe in god, because it can't be seen?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

watzup wrote:

Imagine you are in a flight someway on the other side of the wold. Unfortunately it crash badly into the ground, the good news is you are alive, the bad news is only you are there and you are in the middle of nowhere. There is no water supply that you can find on your surrounding, then one day, two days passed. You must be really thirsty right now, the need of water make your brain mess-up your consciousness, it create the  imaginary fresh water , or anything else that you wanted to be there. One of the Christian priest told me, if I want the presence of Jesus/God, I have to feel thirsty on his presence, which means I have to make my own brain to mess with my consciousness to to experience the "imaginary" presence of God in my life.

Why did you believe him? What makes you think he or any of them know anything about the subject? So far as anyone can tell these people have nothing but ideas that have been around for centuries which have never been known to work. Then there are a vanishingly small few who might in fact have some sort of "real" experience usually only once or a very few times. They commonly say they cannot describe it or explain it whatever it is.

watzup wrote:
I am sorry but I seriously don't want to make my brain to experience something that is unreal, if God is real, I want him to suddenly appear in front of my eyes, and not from imaginary picture that is made by my mind. unfortunately a lot of Christians people out there can't see this connection, they don't dare accept the reality when they feel they feel the presence/sounds/whatever of God, its their brain who are messing up with their consciousness and created what they think as the truth. Please leave your comment, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Long ago Tim Leary did an LSD experiment in Harvard Chapel. The test subjects reported enhanced appropriate feelings. That is probably your best bet if you want the experience.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

watzup
User is offlineOffline
the stuff they you are saying

If you said string theory/m-theory is based entirely upon mathematics, that means there is an scientific evidence which make it exist. I can't see the atomic particle in my body but I can see it by using microscope. There is an logical and scientific explanation about black hole, but there is no real explanation about God. There is so many weaknesses in the Bible, such as story of Babel tower. Heaven described as the sky, if you use a telescope and look at the sky what will u see? An old guy with long beard? or variety of stars and other planet surround us? What did Church do to Galileo Galilei when he discover the actual universe system? Even though he find the fact, the Church treat him unfairly. 

I am not asking everybody to be an atheist, if you want to have a religion thats fine. United States was build under Freedom of speech, however the atheist treated unfairly. It's okay question the atheist, what is actually they believe in. However most of the Christian people will get offensive if we openly discuss about the existence of god. And another fact is our society, our fear on the life after death mostly the reason why we have an religion. If someone is born in middle eastern where the country and community is strongly influenced by Islam, even though there are so many good things that they do in their life they will still go to hell based on what Bible said. Islam teaching isn't much difference, if you don't believe in Muhammad, you will go to hell. How would you say your God are the real God? It's all the matter of acceptance in society, It's easier to live around people in USA just by admitting that you are Christian, same thing in middle east, but even worst, they don't want any atheist live over there. If god suddenly goes down from heaven on the judgement day, I will accept the consequences, at least at the end i know that he is real. But until then without scientific proof, it seems impossible for me. What will Christian feel if God is not exist? what if you die and that is it, no heaven no hell, it just the natural process of life? will you accept that? 

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum!  

Welcome to the forum!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

treat2, are you a theist?

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:How do you feel

treat2 wrote:
How do you feel about the above-mentioned "science", and why would you conclude what you do conclude, despite not seeing or knowing AS FACT, any of the above-mentioned items, yet at the same time not believe in god, because it can't be seen?

Going on the assumption that the "science" (why do we put it in quotations exactly?) is valid: Because one is built upon the shoulders of testable perameters and the other is not. Because one openly violates the principle of parsimony and the other does not.

I'll let you decide which is which.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
watzup wrote:if I want the

watzup wrote:
if I want the presence of Jesus/God, I have to feel thirsty on his presence

He is absolutely correct.

The question is, if I have to make myself go crazy in order to believe a proposition, is it likely the proposition is sound? Should I really have to perform intellectual acrobatics in order to convince myself something is true? Something that sounds absurd and flies in the face of everything we know about reality?

I'll live in "this" reality... I like to call it... reality.